Tue, Sep 24, 1:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 12:33 pm)

Subject: The Man With No Name's Gun - Now appearing in a Freestuff near you!

jwhitham ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 10:05 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 1:23 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=694872

file_115016.jpg

Couldn't get Clint to pose with it so here's casual Don as the next best thing.

1851 Colt "Navy" revolver, with excellent texture by gps (see link) now in freestuff. Enjoy!

Note to Poser 5 users:
If it renders like a punctured inflatable, select the "revolver" body part and uncheck "smooth polygons".

John

SpottedKitty ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 10:43 AM

Looks great — snarfed immediately! All I need now is a poncho. Is there one out there anywhere for V2/M2- or Posette/Dork-based models?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 11:48 AM

I'm working on a poncho. Actually I'm working on a complete mexican L If you have Poser 5 you could make one with dynamic clothes.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

shadownet ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 12:55 PM

The gun looks great! Thanks for sharing this with us. :O)

jwhitham ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 2:49 PM · edited Sat, 03 July 2004 at 2:57 PM

Looking forward to seeing that poncho, ernyoka1. Is your Mexican going to be a bandito with gunbelts and stuff, also what figure is he, she or it based on?

I'm working on "slimjim" holster and belt for the gun, but the leatherwork in the reference images I've found is pretty fancy, could take a while!

John

Edited to try and make it less gender-specific, fairly obviously not all Mexicans are male!

Message edited on: 07/03/2004 14:57

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 4:02 PM · edited Sat, 03 July 2004 at 4:03 PM

Hehe It's a male, and he's based on David. There's a (early) WIP HERE - I won't exactely show the pic here since it IS going to be a character for sale. I hope to make some of these crossed ammo belts too, when I figure out HOW L

Message edited on: 07/03/2004 16:03

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

jwhitham ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 4:19 PM

Looks very promising, great sombrero!

Yeah, crossed ammo belts are a must visually. Though I do wonder why people in the mid 1800's would have needed them when common weapons like the Colt Navy didn't take pre-made cartridges, they had to pack them with cotton, black powder and ball, then fit a percussion cap. With six chambers to do that to, reloading must have taken an age!

John

movida ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 9:12 PM

Thank you very much

cooler ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 9:22 PM

Attached Link: http://www.jaxleather.com/6115.jpg

jwhitham, the link above is a pic of a plain "Slim Jim" holster & belt

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2004 at 12:22 PM

They did have premade cartridges, using nitrided paper, the whole thing was rammed down in one step, saving some time, you still had to cap the round, though. They were very fragile, and couldn't be put in a belt. Reloading my Colt 1861 Army replica (using a powder flask) takes about 2-3 minutes, including putting Crisco over the ball, something the old-timers didn't do. I've got an inline capper, putting the tiny little cap on is about the hardest part. In one of the Clint Eastwood movies he reloads using a pre-loaded cylinder, (the whole barrel comes off on the Colts if you push out the wedge in front of the cylinder) that is the fast way! ;-)

WinterRose ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2004 at 4:30 PM

Were you aware that in Star Wars Galaxies, the Colt 'Dragoon' deign has been pretty much used completely, with one or two add-ons and no hammer. They're calling it the DE-10, a Master Pistoleer only weapon. I've been LOOKING for this gun for a Star Wars comic I've been meaning to do... once I finally learn, or find a great WAY to learn Poser 5

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.