Mon, Sep 9, 6:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: making textures for Sams3D freebies??

GothKurlz ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 3:06 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 7:35 PM

I've tried this twice now, and once i go into P5 to apply the texture it reneders with the texture that Sams has on it orginally. Can this not be done with Sams3D freebies? thanks ---Essie

jwhitham ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 3:59 PM

Not much help I know, but you're not alone in being unable to change texture maps in P5. I love the P5 procedurals and don't have any problems with them. I'm totally incapable of changing texture maps though, except by individually selecting and applying to every body part seperately, which is pretty slow and tedious :(

John

diolma ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 4:29 PM

Essie - are you trying to apply the texture to the "Preview"? That won't work. What John said might be the (tedious) answer: the (relevant) textures might need to be applied separately to the (corresponding) parts. 1 by 1. If that is the case, I suggest you take a few minutes to (sigh) apply the texture to all the bits. Then render to ensure you didn't miss something. Then save the figure/prop/whatever into the relvant library (as xyzRetextured, or similar). Or, if the figure/prop/object in question has several/many groups, but are all textured via the same single texture-map, then apply the texture to just the 1st real (not Preview) group; rt-click in a blank bit of the Mat-room and select "Apply to all" (I think that's what it's named) Sorry if that sounds a bit garbled, I'm over my alcohol limit (but I hope it helps..) Cheers, (HIC!) Diolma

GothKurlz ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 5:32 PM

LOL Diolma! Ty so much for all your help both of you! I'll get this sooner or later. I just wish it was sooner! ---Essie

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 5:42 PM

What are you trying to change, maybe I can help you out. Maybe you just need to change the map....I am not sure, what are you trying to change? Sharen

jwhitham ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 5:43 PM

When you work it out, could you let me know please? John

GothKurlz ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2004 at 9:22 AM

LOL sure John!

ShadowWind ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2004 at 10:47 AM

Sams3D, Do you have any blank texture maps for your stuff? I've been trying to retexture your wonderful balloon and such a blank map would help? Or is there a way I can make one myself? ShadowWind

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2004 at 11:04 AM

Oh of course there is.....let me get it ready for you, later today or tonight. Send me an IM with your email address and I will email you a link to download it. Sharen

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2004 at 11:13 AM

Attached Link: http://www.sams3d.com/HotAirBalloonTemplate.htm

Actually here it is now....they normally come with the download in the zipped file anyway. You should have them already, but just in case you can't find them, download it from here. Sharen

PandaPride ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2004 at 7:17 PM

oh i was trying to make the sidewalk set into a brick sidewalk, and it would take. I don't know what I did wrong, but I know I just can't seem to get it right. ty so much for all your helP! ---Essie

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 4:51 AM

Are you trying to create a new map or just add materials to it. Sharen

PandaPride ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 7:18 AM

i took it into UV mapper and make a map of it bc i couldn't find one with the file... (i feel like an idiot lol) and so i made a new map and applied the textures and made a Pz2 out of it. ---Essie

ShadowWind ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 12:13 PM

Thanks for the balloon map. I don't know how I didn't find that in the file, but I am blind sometimes. Appreciate the info. I just realized that when eating crow, it tastes just like chicken. Go figure. :) ShadowWind

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 4:38 PM

Oh Pandapride, so is all alright? Let me know...if I can help you all out anytime....never be afraid to just pop an email to me or here...I am always watching. Sharen

GothKurlz ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 4:41 PM

ty sharen, no i haven't tried to re aply it yet. I've been a little busy today I'll try to play with it again later, thanks again for all your help! ---Essie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.