Fri, Sep 20, 9:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: putting model into photo

cableguy223 ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 7:41 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:48 AM

Can anyone tell me how to load a model into Bryce and put in a photo ? I used to be able to do this in Wings but now it's not accepting any of my photos.

draculaz ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 8:14 AM

file_115197.jpg

you mean like this?

draculaz ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 8:17 AM
  1. select the object you want to texture. 2. click on the little M icon that shows up outside the 'bounding box'# 3. define a texture layer (I) 4. click on P in the image texture properties (II) 5. Select the image by clicking on any one of the empty grey boxes and browsing for it. Okay. 6. click the little check mark at the bottom right of the above screencap done drac

draculaz ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 8:18 AM

oh, and as for loading a model into bryce, if it's a native bryce object, click on the little triangle next to Create, import, select the model. If it's an obj or 3ds file, you'll need to go File: Import cheers

corys311 ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 11:27 AM

I don't know if that's what he means to do, drac. I think he's looking to use photos as a reference to model while in Bryce, since I never knew that Wings ever accepted photo textures. (DID IT??) In this case, you're not going to find that it has as much use as it does in Wings, since Bryce doesn't allow you to view the images while in wireframe mode. Hmmm Cory

MuddyGrub ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 12:08 PM

Actually, there is a wire frame slash scene view in which you can use a reference picture. Click the third (or fourth) icon from the botton, on the right side of the bryce window. That toggles between the three views.

corys311 ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 12:12 PM

Actually, I never thought to use that. I'd go nuts trying to distinguish between the render of the model and the wireframe of the model that I'm working on. That would work for sure.

Aldaron ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 2:00 PM

Or is he looking to use a photo as a background and add a model to the picture?

corys311 ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 2:06 PM

Cableguy, you should go ahead and clarify on what you're looking to do here, bud, because we all have so many different takes on what you want to do. Cory

cableguy223 ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 6:42 PM

looking to use a photo as a background

TwistedBolt ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 9:06 PM

apply it to a 2d plane,or if its a panorama,a sphere.Place where needed.

I eat babies.

cableguy223 ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 5:52 AM

when you say apply it to a 2nd plane you mean buy attaching it to an object in the screen ?

Aldaron ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 11:43 AM

See Drac's post in post 2. Click the Leo figure in the create palette and then click the little m next to the object in the scene to go to the material editor. In drac's post notice the p where he has II poiting, click that then another screen will open. Click an empty grey box near the bottom and a load screen will appear. Load your picture/photo you want to use.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.