Mon, Sep 9, 6:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Sara fan club?

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2004 at 12:26 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 5:51 AM

If everyone here who can do things in Poser: create models, texturize, create transmap for lashes and eyebrows, design new models in 2d, etc., would agree to work on a wardrobe and accessories for Sara, we could "resurrect" her in no time. Would any of you be interested? France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2004 at 4:04 PM

Another site has a scheme where more than one person makes a thing and then it is released as a freebie, maybe that could be tried here? I could make some clothes objects but I can`t make them conform, maybe someone else could?

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2004 at 4:10 PM

See, that's what I meant. If we could get together on this we could create beautiful stuff for Sara. I don't know how to create objects and even less so how to make them conform but I like to create textures for mapped objects so I could do that. I think it would be fun to work on a group project here. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2004 at 7:07 PM · edited Sun, 04 July 2004 at 7:08 PM

You definitely do a terrific texture job Francemi and that's a terrific idea. I'll ask around too, that poor Sara girl needs a bigger wardrobe. A couple more skin textures wouldn't hurt either. edited because I'm typing with Fred Flintstone fingers today

Message edited on: 07/04/2004 19:08

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2004 at 7:25 PM

Thank you Ben_Dover and yes, it would be fun. I have not tried yet to texturize a character as is... not really my kind of stuff. But I suppose someone in here could do that. The problem with Sara's new textures or characters is that some have Sara1 and some have Sara2 and the head texture from one does not fit the other correctly. ;o( What I would like to have also is a good transmap for Sara's lashes and eyebrows. Sara 2 that is.. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

vlad69 ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2004 at 7:32 PM

Well im new to poser but definitly would like to see how i could help you, i dont have mcuh free time but when you ever need something i can do, just tell me and ill do it for sure. Sara deservers more atention, she is a good girl. Once i did a skin for poset, so if you would like to see it just tell me and ill show you it. It is not so realistic but a good one, i guess. Please we need people like you who want to make a diference, do it; and count we me. -Vlad

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2004 at 7:44 PM

Well vlad, if you want to create a texture for Sara's body and head, go ahead. Any contribution will be appreciate. You know as we do that Sara is the poor relative at DAZ these days ;o) France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2004 at 9:23 PM

file_115117.jpg

Today, in between checking other things in Poser, I created that texture for "Sara clothing pak 1" (DAZ). This is the jersey, the short skirt and the sandals from that pack. I'm too tired tonight to prepare the package to put on my website but will do so probably tomorrow morning if I feel okay. Hope you like it! This is my first contribution to Sara Fan Club ;o) France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Realmling ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 2:19 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=1840101

(don't get to look to crazy stupid here...France beat me in answering my other thread...or is it too late for that? I really gotta get away from the computer and sleep) Anywho, just downloaded Sara and will take a peak tomorrow sometime after I finish futzing with my Maya project. Count me in for some funky skin textures. She looks like she'll be agreeable to my experiments. ^_~ Clicky magic link for peek at my weekend project...will give an idea what I'll be cooking up for this new (well, to me atm) girl here. ^_^

Crazy alien chick FTW! (yeah....right....)

Realm of Savage - Poser goodies and so much more!

~~

Francemi ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 2:30 AM

Yes, and Sara can have elf ears too so she'd make a beautiful Night Faery - hint on which of your textures I like best ;o) France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

neilp ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 6:31 AM

I'm a big Sara fan. Conforming Clothes... what do you want?

cedarwolf ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 8:55 AM

Er, I can make coffe...does that count? I'm interested and may attempt a texture for Sara herself.

Francemi ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 9:16 AM · edited Mon, 05 July 2004 at 9:18 AM

Neil, I looked EVERYWHERE on the web for free clothing for Sara so I know there aren't many. She doesn't have one top that goes below her navel and not one pair of pants/shorts or skirt that the waist is higher than her navel.

I bought Sara starter pak and clothing pak1 from DAZ and the two include: one jersey (above the navel), one hotpant (very short short), one top (summer top), one pair of shoes (saddle shoes), one pair of sandal, and one bikini (plus one hair item).

For free, I found: one pair of sandal, one pair of high boots, one bikini top, 3 different summer top (no sleeves and above the navel), one pair of shorts, 2 skirts (one mini one regular but both waist below the navel), 3 different hairdo (one doesn't work for me at least), and a set of jewelry (cute).

So as you can see, you have a great variety to choose from: pants, skirts, dresses, top (t-shirts and sweathers), shoes, hair, hat, coat, etc. I wasn't kidding when I said that Sara is treated like the poor relative of DAZ family!

France P.S. If you create something, please provide the texture map so we can create lots of textures for those items! ;o)

Message edited on: 07/05/2004 09:18

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Francemi ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 9:20 AM

cedarwolf: I take mine with cream and 2 sugar. And could I have a few toasts with it? ;o) If you create a texture for Sara herself, please indicate which version of Sara you have because we will probably have to modify the head texture if we have the other version of Sara. Thanks! France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Francemi ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 9:23 AM

As you know, I have uploaded 2 sets of textures for Sara on my website last night. Instead of having a page with Sara items on it and that's it, like the other pages I have, I named that page "Sara's Pages" and there is a section on that page where I list the URLs to websites where freestuff can be found for Sara. If you know of one that is not on Sara's page, please let me know! France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Ardiva ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 9:35 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=Ardiva

Hello all... I have the original Sara, but am not into texturing things as yet. How can I help otherwise? ps..I don't have the second Sara, and really don't like her all that well. I'm still a great fan of Sara's original cuteness. Please go check out my gallery to see what I mean.

beachnut ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 10:46 AM

I'm in! I haven't made anything I'd go public with yet...but...I'm a huge supporter of anything Sara!!!!! :)

Francemi ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 10:51 AM

Good, good, keep them coming! ;o) Ardiva, maybe if someone needs testing they can ask you. Beachnut, do whatever you can and yell if you need help. loll France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

bnetta ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 11:59 AM

i would be interested in helping to create a sara club... would a site at msn do?? we could all pitch in!! and maybe even do a webring that you all could place on your sites?? i already have a few textures for sara1 i also have some clothes from poserworld that i could do some textures for too! let me see a show of hands if any of you would be interested in starting a club at msn.. netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

cedarwolf ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 12:30 PM

Wow, netta, I barely have time for everything I'm into now, but, what the heck...I'll play. Oh, and I've got Chocolate Almond coffee beans as well as Amarato creamer for the coffee....I'll go grind some beans and put them in the fridge for later, ok?

nene-chan ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 1:10 PM

I can't model, I'm still a beginner at texturing, but I'll be more than happy to help any way I can.

PandaPride ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 1:47 PM

I can't model just yet, but I do have a modeling class next semester. I can texture just fine! I be more than happy to textureize sara! ---Essie

Francemi ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 2:53 PM

I'm still too new to Poser to coordinate such a club (on top of not being English speaking) but if someone else is interested in doing the coordination needed for such a project, I would definitely be in. Like I said, so far, I can only texturize items that have maps (I prefer nice maps and I prefer to texturize clothing items) but eventually I'll learn to do something else. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Francemi ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 3:06 PM

There is a template for Sara's skullcap. It would be very useful if someone could actually create such an object so that we could grow hair in hair room using the skullcap. ;o) France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

vlad69 ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 8:33 PM

Ok Francemi, ill do my best to do a texture for Sara, just hold on and ill let you know when i finish it. By the way it is a great idea to have a club(msn, or whatever) beacuse in no time this post will be buried and we need to keep it alive; our little monster is wroging ;-) -Vlad

Francemi ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 9:38 PM

Yes, I agree. So bnetta, have you started someting yet? There's no moment like the present while we have the interest of many members here ;o) bnetta, I'll IM you about this and about your textures for Sara. vlad69, don't hesitate to create a texture for Sara. And even if you're not satisfied with the final result, you could upload it to an eventual MSN group and the group could help finishing it, or if you have a problem, or creating matfiles, etc. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

bnetta ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 10:59 PM
Realmling ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 11:21 PM

Signing up...if France lets me out of my bottle ^_~ /will get back to work just as soon as I organize all my new downloads

~~

vlad69 ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2004 at 11:38 PM

im in, ready to help. -Vlad

Francemi ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 12:12 AM

Phew!!! Realming, you didn't wait for my permission. I just joined and you were already signed in!!! That's what happens when I go out for supper! France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Realmling ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 12:56 AM

hehehe...gotta get that cork in tighter next time France. Now I gotta do a render of a person in a bottle, that sounds like too much fun. Gotta find a bottle first... ^_~

~~

Francemi ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 1:12 AM

I'm sure I have a few of those that I found (freebies). Of course, I had to search for these freebies and download them and install them. You, however, being a genie in a bottle (albeit a disobedient one), only have to click your fingers and voil ;o) France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

tralfaz ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2004 at 4:23 PM

Hey France and all! I've been working on a texture set for Sara when I found out they made the change. This is a white bassed texture that depends mailny on the eyes or eye sockets. So... this wont work on Sara2 (I don't think)but should work on V1 and 1.2. Made on Sara 1.2. Anywho, I was going to try to sell it but because of the way things are going with Sara I just going to offer it for free. I'll try to post an image with all the face textures (10 I think) tonight at Sara Fan Club site. I still have a bit of work to do on it and make the MAT files so it might take me a while to finish, too much back log,LOL. Here are some examples: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=637822&Start=1&Artist=tralfaz&ByArtist=Yes http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=639775&Start=1&Artist=tralfaz&ByArtist=Yes http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=635541&Start=19&Artist=tralfaz&ByArtist=Yes

Francemi ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2004 at 4:43 PM

youppi! Thanks a lot tralfaz! For those of us who have only Sara2, is it okay with you if we fix the textures to use them? France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

cedarwolf ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2004 at 5:12 PM

Are we interested in Cyclorama backgrounds as an adjunct to Sara? I've got some I've created I'll donate if they're allowable.

Francemi ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2004 at 5:38 PM

I don't see why it would not be allowable but why don't you offer them as freebies in the Freestuff section? France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

cedarwolf ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2004 at 9:28 PM

Er, because I don't have any place to host them, actually. I contacted PlanIT 3D and haven't heard back yet. I donated a batch of Terragen backgrounds for the FaireyWyld Christmas goodies last year, I got in trouble with the university server group for all the hits and downloads. I just like contributing to the Poser community to say thanks for all they've given me.

Francemi ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2004 at 11:02 PM

cedarwolf, I sent you an IM about this. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.