Fri, Sep 20, 12:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: A Cool Poser Interface Trick

ScottA ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2000 at 9:44 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:38 PM

Hey gang. I discovered this by accident tonight. You can use the paint bucket tool on the UI and change the color! I'm not sure if it's a well know thing or not. But I didn't know about it. It's really nice to slide the color around until you feel all happy inside ;-). I set my UI color to a cool light blue. And my eyes went "AAAHHHH. That's much nicer. Thanks" ScottA Commander of the fight eye strain forces

Fox-Mulder ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2000 at 9:58 PM

Another Great Step Forward For Poserdom! Wow, I've turned mine to a "cool" medium blue! What a kick! Light up a J! (just kidding) You should get an award for Poser Easter Egg of the Year.

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2000 at 10:31 PM

How much fun! Marque

3ddave44 ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2000 at 8:22 AM

I think in my original version of Poser (V2) changing the color was a menu option or more prominently made known and I've always wanted to do it in my V4. Thanks! - Dave

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2000 at 8:37 AM

If you alt-click with the paint bucket the color picker will come up - no more sliding to find the color you want.

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2000 at 9:05 AM

hey! geeze, i knew that. 'swhy i have my favorite tool setup in six different glorious colours. ;) save 'em in your ui dots and never get bored again!

dethblud ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2000 at 9:17 AM

The Poser manual is full of amazing tricks like that one. And it even comes free with the program!

ScottA ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2000 at 9:37 AM

I kinda figured it would be in there somewhere. But who the hell want's to read that God awful thing to find it? ScottA

dethblud ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2000 at 9:43 AM

With my Metacreations software I have at least scanned the manuals after I got them just to get familiar. I haven't been able to read my way through either the poser manual, or the Carrara manual, but I have tried.

Mentic ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2000 at 12:59 PM

Sorry but i have the german version, with rare support every update to Poser break down. The manual is good for the beginnig, but the real tricks came by time and hints.

hoborg ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2000 at 7:24 PM

You know, I discovered that by accident, too. Every time I use my task bar to switch out of Poser and then back, I get the paint bucket, which I don't want, and Before you knew it I was getting a new UI color everyday. But I like the dismal grey. I guess when you know about it, it's not so great. :)

lmacken ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2000 at 6:33 PM

Apple toned down the colors in Aqua, specifically to please people who work with color onscreen all day. A neutral backgrond helps. That said, choice is good.

cyberman2 ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 4:59 PM

is there a way to chance the text-color on the sliders in poser4 ? in the german manual are none of the tricks above ...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.