Sun, Sep 22, 3:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Exporting the Wireframe view as Paths for Illustrator or Photoshop

ikarus15 ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 3:35 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 3:51 AM

Dear all Is it somehow possible to export a wireframe view as paths so that I can use it in Illustrator / Photoshop? or do you know a workaround if it is not possible directly? Thanks for any feedback

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 3:59 AM

I'm not sure, but if you export it as flash you would get it as vectors.. I think... Of course it requires either Pro Pack or Poser 5 to export as flash.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

ENGELKEN ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 6:04 AM

Attached Link: http://renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1607562&Form.sess_id=14458316&Form.sess_key=108

http://renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1607562&Form.sess_id=14458316&Form.sess_key=1089197573

The Dr. Geep prescription available at this link.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 9:24 AM

Yeah but Dr Geeps method only saves it as a bitmap, and that is useless in this case.

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

Jackson ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 9:45 AM

Corel Draw does a pretty good job of converting B&W line art to vector. I would guess Illustrator has the same ability, but I could be wrong.

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 11:30 AM

Check message 3 above.

Aeneas ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 11:47 AM

Load your wireframe into Photoshop. Copy it to a new layer (safety net) and save as wire.psd (second safety net) Set it Image>ChannelMixer. choose desaturate and see that you have a good contrast and continuous lines. Then sharpen the image with unsharp mask (start with some 500, 1,2 , 2). Then threshold to set to black and white. See that you have good, non-broken lines with the thickness you fancy). Now, with only this layer visible, go to the channels palette. The three channels are identical, so Ctrl/Cmd click on one of them. This loads the layer as a selection. Invert the selection to get the wireframe selected. Now go to the paths palette and load as a workpath. etcetc As for Illustrator: can't help you there as I use Xara for vectors and that has a bitmap to vectors convertor.

I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now I'll be mad. (Rumi)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 3:09 PM · edited Wed, 07 July 2004 at 3:10 PM

Mateo_Sancarlos, it doesn't really matter with the sess.key after it has timed out.. so it's "safe" now. But you're right, it shouldn't have been posted like that.

Message edited on: 07/07/2004 15:10

doctorkoan ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 5:23 PM

Attached Link: http://www.marsdust.com

Adobe Streamline is a program designed for converting bitmaps into vector art for illustrator. It can be kinda touchy on complex bitmaps, but you should do just fine with wireframe or outline exports from poser. I believe Streamline is pretty inexpensive too.

doctorkoan ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 5:24 PM

Attached Link: http://www.adobe.com/products/streamline/main.html

oops, I cut and pasted the wrong link.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.