Thu, Oct 3, 1:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: It seems crazy to stuff a gig of info into a 19" box. A question...

richardson ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 10:58 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 1:32 AM

Sooner or later, Monitors are going to get really big or even non exsistent...Some use projectors already(Really expensive and light sensitive,Now). It just seems crazy to me. All this panorama and such a tiny viewing portal. My neck is shot to hell... Have any of you experimented with big screens? Some of the new HDs are impressive and are wired for a pc. I've just never seen one in action. I thought I would take my pc up to a store and talk a sales rep into giving it a try... Plasma, I'm told can scar from long term still images. Your thoughts?

stewer ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 11:17 AM

Attached Link: http://www.apple.com/displays/

How about these nice fellas? I have a 23" Apple display at work, and it's really great. We also have 40" wallmount TFTs, but these have only 1152x768 pixels, which disqualifies them for your regular desktop computer use.

richardson ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 11:42 AM

Great! A lot of money but that's what I'm talking about. It's letterbox, though. Still a little vertically challenged, but you could shift a lot of crap over to one side. This Is going to happen. Others must be competing with this.

iamonk ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 11:52 AM

I'm working with a 19" 1600X1200. I think of how I used to work with a 15" 1024X768, and wonder how I accomplished anything. I guess that's why I bought this one. I can't even imagine how I'd act with 40 inches at this resolution.

richardson ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 12:03 PM

I would (in my dream) like to actually turn my head to take it all in. Think about it! All the focal problems would fix themselves, as you could only see a portion of the screen at a time. Am I making sense? Focal "blur" really bonks my brain in renders. I'm at 19" as of yesterday, too. Fried my old 21"

steveshanks ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 1:38 PM

i had a play with an interactive whiteboard and will be trying it with a 3d app some time soon, i kinda like the idea of being able to use my finger to create 3d, makes me think of rolf harris LOL.........Steve

richardson ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 1:57 PM

I saw a new 25K program with your hand connected to it. Gave resistance and everything. Na... Just let me see things better

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 2:03 PM

Dual monitors can help.

I have dual 19" flat-screen monitors at home. You can't beat the utility of dual monitors for graphics applications.

The Apple Cinema displays are fabulous, but pricey. Likewise HDTV's.

Unless if you're willing to invest several thousand dollars in monitors, it might be best to wait for the price to come down a bit before purchasing anything.

Remember -- the first DVD players (not recorders -- players) to hit the retail market cost around $700.00. And that wasn't very long ago.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 5:38 PM

I can't even imagine how I'd act with 40 inches at this resolution.

Well, for starters, you could do all your work from the couch ....

Chailynne ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 7:03 PM

Attached Link: http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?page=1187&head=18

Or you could go with the new Viewsonic that has 204 pixels per inch, getting closer and closer to print quality. It's a little on the slow side for refresh rates for any animation though. Still looks like a very nice monitor, if you have that much cash to toss around.

iamonk ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 7:34 PM

Work from the couch? Hell I could work from my bed. All I would need then is to bring the fridge in and get a bedpan.

richardson ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 10:46 PM

Zeno..Right on price drops. Chailynne.. Price, as you said is a bit premature for me. Resolution seems almost overkill, but it is impressive. Refresh rate is high, but there is always the compromise 30 - 36" would do.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.