Fri, Sep 20, 2:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Help! I don't know how to use cameras!

kazenoko ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2000 at 2:19 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:40 PM

I'm just beginning with this Poser 4 thing... I was wondering if anyone out there knows if you are able to switch camera views without having the Camera animate to the key frames. In the manual, it says that you can't switch up cameras during animation, but are you able to cut to another view in the middle of the animation with the same camera? Thanks you very much...

bushi ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2000 at 4:18 AM

Sorry, I don't do much with animations in Poser but I wanted to ask about your alias. Kaze = wind, no = 's, ko = child, so that looks like wind's child or child of the wind. Is that it?

dewo ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2000 at 12:45 AM

I guess, the easiest to work around your problem, is to do the same animation several times with different cameras and then cut & past them together in a video editing software (I use the one from Ulead), wherever you want to switch the camera angle.

kazenoko ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2000 at 1:45 AM

Heya Bushi and dewo. Re: Bushi's question- yep. That's right. I'm half Japanese, and have always loved the wind. Hence, my name- Kaze meaning wind and Ko meaning child. Not really sure if it's completely correct- I once had another Japanese person tell me that I have to spell it Konokaze- but I haven't changed it. Nice observation! Do you speak? Re: Dewo's response- Hmm... darn- I guess that's one thing Poser doesn't do. Thanks man. I'll do some experimenting with other utils like Ulead.

wal ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2000 at 4:55 AM

For hard cuts this might work: Before you start the animation set up and save all needed camera positions. Then use setting A for frames 1 to X, at frame X+1 change to setting B and use it up to frame Y, at frame Y+1 change to setting C, and so forth.

dewo ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2000 at 5:34 AM

Interesting! Can you really change cameras mid way? I always thought you couldn't. But it would be great & much simpler (of course).

wal ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2000 at 7:04 AM

Oops, I'm at the office at the moment and can't verify it. But no, I don't think you can acutally switch between different cameras. What you can do is, you can change the position and angle of one camera, save it and apply it to the number of frames you want. - wal

EdW ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2000 at 9:48 AM

Hi Yes you can move the camera around during an animation. You can turn off animation for a camera by clicking the white key on the left side of the camera control. If the key is red, animation is off for that particular camera. Hope this helps Ed

EdW ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2000 at 9:50 AM

Opps forgot something..you can't change cameras during an animation. Ed

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.