Fri, Sep 20, 7:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Digital Airbrushing..... A Plug-In

Michelle A. ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 8:38 PM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 5:20 AM

Attached Link: http://www.asf.com

file_115633.jpg

Read about this in the July issue of Professional Photographer magazine... so I thought I'd download the demo.... leaves a watermark.... price to register is $99. This is one I think you may be interested in Donald as you do a lot of portraiture work... I tested it out on an image of me at my worst... bare faced and blotchy... :~) So far I like what I see....

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Michelle A. ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 8:38 PM

file_115634.jpg

And a crop of the two side by side.....

--- michelleamarante.com

Misha883 ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 8:57 PM

Lot cheaper than botox... but not sure why you would want something like this, 'Chelle?

DHolman ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 9:18 PM

'chelle - Yea, they sent me a copy of this a while ago but I still haven't gotten around to playing with it yet. It's an offshoot of their Digital GEM technology. They being Kodak (who bought ASF). One day I'll get around to trying it out.

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 11:46 PM

Not bad filter ,but I think it just has that filtered look.See right by your shoulder...the shadow of your face? It seems more realistic in the before-edit.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

hyperborea ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2004 at 12:16 AM

Attached Link: http://www.foto-freeware.de/cleanskinfx.php

Hi Michelle. Maybe this little FREE program is something for you :-) BTW the program is English and not German. Willem

DJB ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2004 at 12:38 AM

Hyerborea....Have you tried that yet? Looks like they got the images mixed up in the first demo view.I'd say the left one looked better where it said original than the result one.Might be worth the try though.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

danob ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2004 at 9:41 AM

Hmm looks interesting Chelle certainly tried the Cleanskin one Willem recommends which is good..

Danny O'Byrne  http://www.digitalartzone.co.uk/

"All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice" Eliott Erwitt

Michelle A. ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2004 at 10:25 AM

file_115635.jpg

Thanks for the link Willem! I've downloaded and I'm tring it out.... here I've compared the original with the DigitalGem plugin and the free CleanSkin.... Used default settings on both.... no other manipulating.....

--- michelleamarante.com

Michelle A. ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2004 at 10:26 AM

file_115636.jpg

And the close up comparison.... the one thing I have noticed is that the Clearskin prog seems to introduce a bit of grain.....

--- michelleamarante.com

Tedz ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2004 at 3:39 PM

file_115637.jpg

I still recommend the Guacamole Face Pack...far better than Botox...and, no need to "Download"...You can get it at Your Green Grocer's. You don't need extra RAM either....Baaaaaaaaaaaa!

Himico ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2004 at 8:56 PM

Thank you for the information.
I tried the Cleanskinfx. It is nice.
It will certainly make girls happy.

DHolman ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2004 at 5:33 AM

file_115638.jpg

Tedzo - Ummm ... I'm not even going to ask you where you got Blue Guacamole. Nope ... not going to do it. I've tried a few of the apps that do skin softening, but tend to not like them too much. I just really don't like the airbrushed Playboy Playmate look all that much. I like to see some texture in the skin. Even when I soften the image a bit I tend to put more texture back than many people I have seen. Above shot is an example of that. -=>Donald

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2004 at 7:28 AM

file_115639.jpg

And I would agree with you there Donald.... believe me I don't like the airbrushed stuff either, but I do like how I look without the blotches and uhhh...creases... I had recently taken a pic of my cousin and her new baby at the hospital.... of course they both looked blotchy.... I spent a good hour or so trying to make them both look better.... not sure how this may look on others monitors... left is before, right is after.... I was pleased with the results of the print and so was she... The idea that there is a plugin that could make this easier is nice.... of course it's not something I would need or want to use all the time....

--- michelleamarante.com

Misha883 ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2004 at 9:50 AM

blotches? creases? YOU? No!

DHolman ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2004 at 9:04 PM

file_115640.jpg

I did the above with the technique I describe below. Only difference between left and right is that I added a bit more "warmth" to the right one (personal preferrence). I usually do a simple technique to fix blotchiness. Duplicate the layer. Set the duplicate layer's blend mode to lighten. Apply a Gaussian Blur to the layer - just enough so that the blotchiness evens out. Don't worry about how the rest of it looks. Now, after blurring, add an all black Layer Mask to the duplicate layer. Everything should look as if nothing has been done to the image. Now, using a paintbrush with color set to white, go over the areas of blotchy skin. Depending on the skin type and what I see, I may then add a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to reduce redness across the face. Again, I use a layer mask to only reduce it where I want it reduced. In the above, I did add this layer. -=>Donald

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2004 at 9:29 PM

Wow.... that does look great.... now in looking at yours I can see how cold my postworked one looks.... really like the one with the added warmth.... I'll have to try those steps you've outlined....

--- michelleamarante.com

DJB ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2004 at 11:47 PM

Not so sure Michelle.Your right one above looks pretty "au naturel" to me.Gives a real apperance of being right there.Rather than a generated look of skin tone.Sorry Donald ,but the shadows under the chin don't cut it, in MHO.

DHolman ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 4:46 AM

This was an example of getting rid of blotchiness, not of doing a complete edit. You would need to go in and burn the shadow tones (and dodge highlights - ie hair - if necessary).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.