Fri, Sep 20, 4:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: Gobbles Medieval Armor

jarhead999 ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2004 at 10:27 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:37 PM

file_115947.jpg

Howdy, Here's a work in progress: Medieval Armor for Daz3d's Gobbles character. Please tell me your opinions on it. I'm going for a cartoonish feel to it. I'll probably do a few different versions, an Archer, a Knight, and then a helmet with horns. Also any other ideas are welcome. Thanks

jarhead999 ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2004 at 10:27 PM

file_115948.jpg

Howdy, Here's a side view. Thanks

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2004 at 11:08 PM

LOL. That's cute. Has sort of a Labyrinth (david bowie movie)goblin feel. I like it.

pdxjims ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2004 at 11:32 PM

He's so cute! Are you going to do the complete set with greaves and boots? He'd make the perfect fantasy Don Queote.

freyfaxi ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 1:14 AM

Looks good - i'd go for a bit more of a 'weather beaten' sort of texture..a bit rusty, dented, here and there :)

Fox_intheStars ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 9:25 AM

I like it! A maille skirt would be a good addition.

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 9:53 AM

I like it too! Will those outfit be conforming? (Please say yes) loll France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

jaybutton ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 10:29 AM

Looks great! I am very interested! He does need something to cover his lower body, though. Keep up the good work! Jay

jarhead999 ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 10:37 AM

Howdy, Thanks for the replies. I've thought about doing a full set of armor for him, but decided to only do key parts. I'd like to make it conforming, but don't really know how. Are there any good tutorials out there that can explain it to me? Or anyone with helpful information? I'm still toying around with what else to do with him. Thanks

LilWolff ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 10:42 AM

file_115949.jpg

Gobble Critters - left to right ;-)

Gren - Oh my!! Something for us!

Blah - I will grow into it, I know I will!

Branie - Yes, I will look totally dashing in Armor!

Sorry jarhead999 for cutting in on your post but could not resist giving you the little ones impressions as soon as I saw your armor. Great work and yes something for the lower body if possible would be good. :-)

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 12:07 PM

By the look of them, it should not be too difficult to draw something for their lower body directly on their body texture. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

ronstuff ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 12:24 PM

I think it looks great.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 12:34 PM

It would help a little if some sort of lining material were showing at the armholes and neck, possibly with the metal looking a little less close-fitting.

jarhead999 ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 1:34 PM

file_115950.jpg

Howdy, Well I took the advice and made him a tunic. These textures are just default textures, and are not the actual textures for him =. Next I'm going to create leather booties for him =]. The tights on the legs is just a texture, so I figured I don't need to model then for him, the texture does a well enough job. I'll keep you posted, and any other ideas or comments are welcome. Thanks

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 2:05 PM

lollll it's so cute! Then maybe you could model a funny weapon for him too. You know like a staff with a smiley face or something like that. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

LilWolff ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 2:11 PM

Oh how wonderful, gobbles looks great! LOL staff with smiley face, cute idea.

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 2:15 PM

Hey! Shouldn't there be a little space in the helmet so that he can breath even when it is down? I think the holes are vertical on that kind of helmet. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

jaybutton ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 3:08 PM

Coming along great! I think making the tights a texture for his legs is a fine idea. You could make a cloth or chainmail texture for the tunic, or both if you get really motivated. :P Thanks for your hard work! Jay

akura_ ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 4:17 PM · edited Sun, 11 July 2004 at 4:18 PM

will there be any swords or other weapons for him. Im thing LORS them here.

Message edited on: 07/11/2004 16:18

jarhead999 ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 8:29 PM

Howdy, Here's what I've been working on now... I hope you like! =] Thanks

jarhead999 ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 8:47 PM

file_115951.jpg

=]

tonymouse ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 9:04 PM

very very cute, I can't wait to to see waht is next!!! Tony

lhiannan ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 10:16 PM

Oh... I'm having a cute attack! I LOOOOVE this! It's ADORABLE! Koshini is googling all over the place here in my computer...

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2004 at 1:26 AM

Looks good. Personally, I'd use a transmap to trim back the bottom edge of the tunic a little, and a bumpmap to get some wrinkles in the tights at the knees. As another thread deals with, there's a lot that could be done with bumpmaps and displacement maps. For instance, a high-status Gobble could acquire some fluting on the armour, like the fancy stuff from the early 16th century.

jaybutton ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2004 at 10:50 AM

Looks great! I have always liked Gobbles and thought that he could use more clothes. :) Jay

LilWolff ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2004 at 11:14 AM

This is looking fantastic! What a great idea! :-)

jarhead999 ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2004 at 7:07 PM

file_115952.jpg

Howdy, Well here's my latest =]. I hope you all like. He's not so cute and cuddly anymore is he? =P. As you see, I just keep jumping around with models for him, who knows what' next =]. Thanks

LilWolff ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2004 at 7:15 PM

Oh I love it! And LOL not so cute and cuddley shows a great variety in the little guy. This is great, love seeing what you come up and yes, wonder what is next. Perhaps a damsel to be in distress? ;-)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2004 at 6:36 AM

THis is sooo cute! I can't WAIT to get my hands on them. And free even :o) WEE!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

jaybutton ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2004 at 11:20 AM

HAH! That is great! Jay

jarhead999 ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2004 at 7:20 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

file_115953.jpg

Howdy, Well here's, yes some more stuff! =] I have some interesting ideas I hope to fiddle with soon. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I can have a nice little somethin'-somethin' to show =]. I hope you all enjoy! Still, I'd love to get some ideas too! =] Thanks

jarhead999 ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2004 at 7:21 PM

file_115954.jpg

Howdy, Here's a better shot of the Grim Helm, to show better detail. Thanks

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 14 July 2004 at 2:19 AM

It's so cool! Cure and scary at the same time. It certainly has this toon feel without getting TOO toonish! Great job so far!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.