Tue, Oct 22, 1:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: WIP: Postwork comments and suggestions wanted

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 5:04 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:29 AM

file_116080.JPG

Ok, although I've used this image elsewhere, it's not finished. I know I need to fix the rendering artifacts. But the reason I'm posting this here is that I'm looking for suggestions and tips to make it a better image in Postwork, since I do postwork about once in a decade. I want opinons and suggestions on how I can enhance the overall image. The final image will have a poem in the lower lefthand side of it. This is the image unretouched -- all I did was slap it on the background. So have at it. Let me know whatcha think and your suggestions.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

usmellthat ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 5:29 PM

I like it man, good stuff indeed. If i were you I'd add a bit more light shinning of the face, due to the fact that she is shooting a light beam and all i'd think it'd shine a bit more on the face. Only thing I can really think of for now.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 8:18 PM

Yes, there is a lot of bright light but the figure is in shadows and that looks wrong.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 9:51 PM

I'd start by adjusting the brightness/contrast levels of the figure to see if the lighting matches up with the background, which I don't think it's going to, but it's hard to tell since everything is a little muted on the figure. The first thing I see is that the extremely bright light in the background should be illuminating the figure more from that side, and shadows from such a light source would likely be a bit sharper, like those produced from sunlight. Also, as previously mentioned, the face should be catching more light from the "magic" beams. (This is where point lights in Poser would come in extremely handy). Perhaps try those particular adjustments, with an emphasis on placing lights in the scene corresponding to those in the background, and you'll probably have a much easier piece to work out in post. :-)

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 10:05 PM · edited Sun, 11 July 2004 at 10:05 PM

There is no light in the background.
This whole scene only had 3 lights in it: one between her hands, one below and to the right in the image, and one above and to the right (sorta pointing at her hat).

The background is an effect figure. The atmospherics brought that particular brightness out.

I'm actually thinking of re-rendering the scene now, except without any lights.

I actually sorta liked it -- I'm a bit of a nut about magic, which I've never seen as being something that "cast" light so much as was simply made of it (more plamsa than gaseous).

Ok...
hmmmmm

I will look at perhaps adding a fourth light in, or at east adjusting the shaders on her eyes...

Thank you all, so far, though! More, more!

Message edited on: 07/11/2004 22:05

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 10:13 PM · edited Sun, 11 July 2004 at 10:18 PM

file_116081.JPG

Here's a few variations on the scene I did without the lighting effect (changed the morphs on the magic figure, but that's all).

These show the lighting better, I think. Looking at them, perhaps a fourth light following the angle of her body up to her face would work? (sorry about the image -- it's the only one I had handy, and the scene takes about 15 minutes to render without light effects, 4 hours with)

Message edited on: 07/11/2004 22:18

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 10:43 PM

ok, I've got the poem figured out for it, at least, lol. I'm going to fiddle wiiht some lighting tweaks and change the background slightly, and post the new version tomorrow.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.