Wed, Sep 18, 10:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Is there going to be Sara 3 soon.

akura_ ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 1:11 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 10:25 AM

Is there going to be a new Sara that is compatible with the original's stuff. I have the expresion's from the original and I can't use them. I have a lot of stuff for her that I can't use now. Wish I had the original but that'll never happen. I like the new one though, is not a total lost.

Kristta ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 1:55 PM

I'd ask for a refund on the expressions if you bought them. They never made it clear that those wouldn't work with Sara2. I'm a bit disgusted with the whole Sara thing anyway.

akura_ ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 2:20 PM

it was before I downloaded Sara 2, and the expresions were free, so I didn't lose any money. If I knew that Sara 2 would overright Sara, I wouldn't, have downloaded it.

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 3:00 PM

That is something I don't understand: how could Sara1 overwrite Sara2 since the object for Sara2 is named "3DUSara2.obj"? You may not have the cr2 file for it because the cr2 file for Sara2 is named sara.cr2 but I suppose since you have the object file, you could ask someone to send you the cr2 file that goes with it? France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

akura_ ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 3:15 PM

do you know anyone that would do that.

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 3:18 PM

I don't know. I don't know if it is okay to do that either. I don't see why not since you can't make the cr2 work without the object (at least I think you can't). I certainly wasn't suggesting for anyone to do something illegal there. I honestly think it would be okay. Since RTE files are okay to distribute because they work only if you have the original object? Maybe someone could tell us if it would be okay to do that? France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

iamonk ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 3:19 PM

Both of the object files are named 3DUSara2, so either will overwright the other.
I always unzip to a temp folder first, DAZ installers I install to a blank runtime if it's an update or something.
If needed, I change the folder names and point the .cr2 to the new folder.
I often have a hard time finding stuff after I install, so this way I can browse through the folders before I add them to my now 12GB of Poser content.

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 3:23 PM

Yes, that's what I do too. But it is weird that Sara original object was named 3DUSara2.obj, don't you think so? Oh well.. suppose it was 3DUSara.obj... would it be legal for someone to give akura the cr2 file that goes with it? (Just curious) France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

iamonk ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 3:26 PM

Technically you can't distribute the .cr2. It contains morphs that are DAZ property. If you still have the Sara1 geometry, you can drag her into the setup room and rebone her with Sara2's skeleton, but I believe Sara2 had posable toes that Sara1 did not. You would have to set these up. Either way, the morphs are gone. I'd stick with Sara2, she has a better face mesh, and I have a feeling her time is not over.

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 3:37 PM

Thanks. I was just curious. I don't have Sara1 ;o) France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

aeilkema ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 3:47 PM

Don't think there's going to be a new sara since she was dropped altogether by the developers.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

akura_ ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 4:31 PM

thanks for your help. I think I know how to fix this problem, know how to edit a cr file.

igohigh ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 4:35 PM

"If I knew that Sara 2 would overright Sara, I wouldn't, have downloaded it" Lesson #1: NEVER EVER allow someone's installer/zip package to install your Poser files, ALWAYS unzip/install to an empty directory and check things out before adding to your Poser libraries. This will avoid unfortunate mishaps and catch minor errors before they become an "OH NO!!!!". This makes for a good time to correct issues such as file names ('blue.jpg', 'shoe.jpg', etc) and also a good time to edit out those nasty BUM calls, I NEVER store files in my library that call BUM files, I make them when I'm ready for them and delete them when I am done with them.

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 4:54 PM

You should also backup files when you download them, even the freestuff

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 4:57 PM

re posts 13-14... I know that NOW. I wish they would put that tip on the first page of the instruction manual. ;o)) France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

ratscloset ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 8:28 PM

3DUSara = 3D Universe Sara. DW did the changes it is somewhat explained in the DAZ Forum. Many think the changes were to remove the simularities to GIRL. I take DW at his word in that he never really was pleased with the figure, but I somewhat doubt his motivation for choosing now to make the changes. Another figure to check out is Sixus' HER. The figure is free and the add-ons will cost. (Sixus seems to keep the add-ons from $5 to $15.)

ratscloset
aka John

vlad69 ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 9:57 PM

Hey Francemi you must tell these people about our Sara Fan Club, there you will see what other people is doing for Sara, in my case im doing a skin texture for her; you can see it in the w.i.p. part of the site. There are other people that is doing cloths and textures for these. And all will be for free. If you want, you can help doing whatever you want, come and be part of the club. http://groups.msn.com/SarasFanClub

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 9:59 PM

Attached Link: http://groups.msn.com/SarasFanClub

Well Vlad, you're doing a good job announcing Sara's Fan Club... why would I do it? loll France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Ardiva ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 10:48 PM

Announcing is great..trying to get into the Fan Club is a whole other ball of wax! :(

ratscloset ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 11:01 PM

There is a little hiccup for those that join. You will sometimes get a Page saying Page is not available after signing up, but if you go to the Fan Club Site, you will be able to enter.

ratscloset
aka John

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.