Sat, Sep 21, 11:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: Poser 4 Questions

CuddleSin ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2004 at 4:26 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 10:57 PM

I just recently got Poser 4, and was looking aroun renderosity seeing things I would have no clue how to find in the Poser 4 I have. Question 1: Im broke, and dont have a credit card. Is there anyway I can get free updates like different clothes, hair, etc? Question 2: How do you guys make the characters look so real?! Im jealous!! lol. Any help would be appreciated!

Jackson ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2004 at 4:45 PM

Q1: Check the Freestuff section here (link at top of page) and other sites...PoserPros, RDNA, etc. Q2: VERY short answer: good textures and lights. Again, check free areas for these.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2004 at 4:48 PM

Attached Link: http://www.runtimedna.com

1. Search Freestuff here and at other sites such as RuntimeDNA. I'm sure others will be along to suggest a million or so sites with free stuff. 2. A combination of morphs, lighting, poses and textures all help to give realism to the characters. Your default Poser female (AKA Posette), although limited in terms of resolution and joint capability, is capable of being made to look amazing with the right combination of the above. In fact, you're in luck because there's a ton of stuff to be found for Posette. There's an artist here, Tormentor, who has a site dedicated to the model. Check out his gallery for more info.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

CuddleSin ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2004 at 4:49 PM

I've checked out the free stuff here, and its mostly for Poser 5. Plus for some reason it wont download...but I think thats my computer. Thanks Jackson! I'll see what I can snoop through :D

CuddleSin ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2004 at 4:50 PM

Thanks Sam!!!!

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2004 at 4:52 PM

Hi, 1. Freestuff at all the major sites. Look at the links page for other websites. Get a paint package and look at tutorials on transparency mapping. This lets you modify existing clothes. 2. Lighting is a big issue. Experiment with the lighting setup , use less lights, try spotlights, change light color , add a few lights and see the result. There are also lighting tutorials, photographic lighting applies to poser.

Nance ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2004 at 5:53 PM

Poser 4 came out in '99 and P5 in Feb '02. Look in Freestuff between those dates. A lot of it will still be for Mike & Victoria, commercial addon figures from DAZ.

CuddleSin ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2004 at 6:00 PM

Question..since Im really new to this whole thing, whats DAZ? And as Im taking it, names such as Mike & Victoria just stand for male and female characters right? O.O * embarrassed of her iggnorance*

queri ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2004 at 6:44 PM

Yup, Mike and Vickie-- in various generations 2 and now 3, plus Steph Petite and David, are available for purchase at Daz and only at Daz. The bundles are probably more valuable, but do remember very good Vickie textures for 1,2 and 3 are available here in our freebies [which are not exclusively for Poser 5, you must have come across a couple of thse in a row, most people still like compatibiity with P4 and PP]and also in RDNA freebies. You can start with just the Vickie mesh and get enough clothing hair and textures for free to create quite fine creations. Emily ps, FYI don't ask for Mike and Vickie for free, that's an automatic ban usually.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2004 at 6:51 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com

DAZ is a company which makes (and brokers) all kinds of stuff for Poser. They make high quality human models, Mike Victoria and Stephanie being the most widely used.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Nance ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2004 at 7:29 PM

Zygote made the original figures that come with P4, the made some aftermarket, higher resolution, better built figures called the Millenium Figures in 2000 which were Victoria and Michael. DAZ was a spinoff company from Zygote that now develops and markets Poser products.

nomuse ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2004 at 8:01 PM

..and if that hasn't confused you yet, the user community "named" Victoria before she was released, calling her "Millie" (for "Millenium Woman.") The community also stuck the stock Poser figures with the names Posette and Dork. Perhaps to head that off, when P5 came out, it had yet ANOTHER set of base figures who were named after the Robinsons from "Lost In Space"; Don, Judy, Penny, et al. You are starting Poser in an exiting time. Back in the old P3 days we had the default Poser figures, plus some user modifications. The last few years has seen an amazing crop of brand-new figures, many of which are being offered by their creators completely free (and the others of which are still much cheaper than the latest of the DAZ "Millenium" line.) It becomes an interesting exercise figuring out what clothing and textures will fit what characters, tho!

CuddleSin ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2004 at 9:10 PM

Wow information overload! Thanks guys and gals! I really appreciate it..though Im still a bit confused, I can read it over and over though lol. I cant wait to try out the new stuff! Once I find it that is..

bnetta ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2004 at 10:35 PM

cuddlesin i sent you an im and an e-mail. netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2004 at 10:44 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Attached Link: http://home.online.no/~kjellil/Index-AllStuff.htm

If you're going to be using the P4 woman for a while at first then you HAVE TO have Staale's Bodymorpher and Hi-res textures! And to get a more realistic look you'll be needing better hair than the clay type Poser has. The best out there is Kozaburo's and you can find it at [Digital Babes](http://digitalbabes2.com/) Of course you'll need to adjust some for P4 but it's mostly a matter of scaling. And for some really unique clothing for the P4 female pay a visit to [ISOP's site](http://iso.power.ne.jp/miyou.htm) where you can get Miyou (P4 with improved joint parameters) And most important of all, don't forget to ... well... just HAVE FUN!

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2004 at 10:53 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Attached Link: http://www.aprilsvanity.com/dlpage.php

Oops, forgot this one - when you get a little more acquainted with the program and the various free utilities out there then I suggest you remap your P4 people to take Mike and Vicki textures of which you'll find quite a lot of free and usually at better resolutions than the P4 free textures. AprilYSH has done all the difficult part and I think all that is needed is uvmapper and careful reading.

narcissus ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2004 at 3:13 AM

Attached Link: http://posetteforever.com/profile.php?mode=register&ruid=858

Also don't forget to register on posette forever! A whole site for posette only and very active too! Many freebies for posette there... pitklad

CuddleSin ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2004 at 4:40 PM

Holy sh*t. You guys are awesome. lol my poor computer man...I have like 5 IE's open and in AOL I have like 7...O.O you guys are awesome!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 4:20 AM

Attached Link: My Homepage

Poser's not a hobby, it's an addiction! And before you know it, you'll be sucked in too *cackels an evil laughter* This place is great for loads of links and freebies. Do not forget all the japanese sites either, lots of their characters are Posette based too. For (mostly) props, you can take a look at my own homepage too, there's quite a few freebies too :o) - and I have a LARGE link collection too ;o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

CuddleSin ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 5:59 AM

Thanks ernyoka1. Appreciate it!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.