Sun, Sep 22, 10:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Shadow question for P5...

DocMatter ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 11:27 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 10:35 AM

I've always had trouble getting shadows to show up on certain objects like floors and beds. I make sure that all the lights I want have the shadow depth maps enabled and that the object (usually V3) casts shadows. But no shadow appears on the floor or bed. Is there something else to check into? PS.. I also tried it using ray-traced shadows, but same effect...none.

DocMatter ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 11:31 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_118345.jpg

By the way, here's one image in question. I also made sure the bed itself was set to cast shadows, but as you can see...no shadows from it onto the floor either.

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 12:42 AM

Have you aimed your shadow cameras more accurately, and do you have cast shadows enabled in your render settings?

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

greetinx ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 3:55 AM

It's always a good idea to point the appropiate lights to the body (or maybe an object beneath your main model - here the woman). Do you render with the shadow option activated within Firefly (I hope that this question doesn't offend you ;-) ). There's a good tutorial @DAZ for lighting. Cheers, greetinx

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 4:44 AM

I have found this sometimes happens with light sets built in P4 and imported to P5. Deleting all the lights and then reloading the set seems to work best for me. Of course that only solves your problem if you're using a pre-built light set. If you've made your own, it may be a shadow cam problem - view the scene through the shadow cams and centre them on the object. Also make sure in the properties of each light, the Shadows box is on.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 5:47 AM

For me, this would require many different spots with different settings. Try Light> point at> (right shoulder). Now you can drag the spot where you want. Drop this spots shadow bias to .200. This should give you a nasty shadow like paint. raise bias until it's close. I like to start with 1.000 shadow / 750map about 6-8' away. May have to increase angle start, though. Infinity lights shadows would be too vague for this. The're great for fill, though and "Bounced light".

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 6:44 AM

Is everything that needs to recieve a shadow set to cast one?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.