Sun, Sep 22, 1:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: Strong Anime Male figure, morphs?

doctorkoan ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 3:47 PM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 10:49 AM

Hey, does anyone know if there are any good, adaptible male anime figures out there? I'm looking for one that has the same level of anatomical realism as Sara (ie no stringy arms, legs, etc.), with enough facial and torso morphs to create many characters. I've seen the animeboy morphs, but MayaX's fantastic figure is just too toonish for what I am working envisioning. Ideally, I'd love something that would give Don or Mike a more manga style face (biger eyes, more angular jaw lines, etc.). I have the Cloudstrife figure that seems to be built off of the old p4 dork -that's pretty good - but I don't know the copyright status of it (I can't even remember who did it as I type this). How 'bout it? Anyone have any leads or is anyone working on something like this? Jason

Fox_intheStars ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 4:16 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1786868

Momiji (available in the R'osity MP or at Poser Pros) is a character pack that gives V3 an anime-like face. Her creators (Momcat and FireBirdz) posted a pic of her used to make a male character---see the link. I'm also using her for a male character in a current project (with some magnet-shaping on her face). DAZ's Breathtaking Bishounen for M3 doesn't look bad, if you like the look of it. It wasn't quite big-eyed enough for me, so I don't own it and can't say much about it. There is kind of a gap Anime-Guy wise; I wish there was more available in this niche as well!

Torulf ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 6:07 PM

It's a sever lack of male anime, toon characters. Toshi have a fine, free male anime character for the dork. DAZ Aiko have a male morph but I do not know were to find male clothing for Stephanie. Probably it will be a G.U.Y for the DAZ: G.I.R.L. And there is also Neftoon Pal, but maybe for small eyes for the anime style. DAZ have a Bichonju pack for Mike.

TG

BastBlack ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 6:43 PM

Also, Cresant has a tutorial for putting Anime Doll's head on M3's body, which imho makes for the best anime dude around. ;) bB

bnetta ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 8:39 AM

there is a morph for sara to make her into simon.. and a morph to make maya doll into a male.. netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

Torulf ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 6:12 PM

Were to find this morphs.

TG

doctorkoan ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 11:08 PM

I found it by doing a google search for "Simon for Sara" Thanks for all your help everyone!!

Momcat ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2004 at 1:29 AM

Keep your eyes on the thread linked to above that is in the Product Showcase forum. I am well aware that there is a need for more than just pretty boys for Poser anime style figures. I've added the FREAK and SHE-FREAK to my list of figures for this series.

Dale B ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2004 at 6:39 AM

Go to DAZ and search for 'Bishonen'. There are body and facial morphs and setups for both M2 and M3 that create -very- nice male anime in the vein of the more 'human' styling you would see in Gundam, Fatal Fury (with Mike's musculature..), and many of the movies. They are nice sets, and the faces are 'evil' and 'good', so those little conventions of style are there...

Torulf ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2004 at 4:53 PM

file_118268.jpg

Boys, slightly anime style. 1. Simon for Sara. 2. V2 male morphs and some aye morphs from Morph world. 3. Toshis free J01R. 4. Dork with some morph and an old anime man morph for P4nm, forget where I downloaded it. 5. DAZ Aiko for Stephanie, the male variant. The first 2 ones need more work.

TG

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2004 at 6:39 PM

You could also start with the TomStrong character at animotions.com -- it's a version of the P4 male that has tricked out musculature. From there, go to a close up of the head and start working the dials to get the combination of slitted eyes and enlarged eyebrows. Decrease the head size to 90-95% to make the body that much larger. Once you're done there, apply an Oriental-style texture to the body. Yer done.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

almeidap ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 7:30 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=724122&Start=1&Artist=almeidap&ByArtist=Yes

Look at my last picture series Spacegirl Junko: if the male figures are what you think you need just send me a message.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.