Thu, Sep 19, 11:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: P5 Judy

PeterJok ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2004 at 3:23 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:31 PM

I am beginner in Poser, I have Poser 5 and I like Judy clothes, but I dont like her face . I visited Market Place but I did not found a item ( button ) for Judy. I only found other figures ( Michael 3 , Victoria 3 , etc ). Is there a way to make P5 Judy with a better face ? Hope you understand me, I am a really beginner. Thank you

Jackson ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2004 at 4:10 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=29929

Try this link. It's a tad expensive and might be confusing to set up but it's the best Judy figure I've ever seen.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2004 at 4:11 PM
Site Admin

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=23993

There are some nice Judy characters in the marketplace. Not too many, but a few. IMO, the one at the attatched link is the best of the bunch. Also check the same artist's other products and you'll find some real nice textures for Judy's clothes...

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2004 at 4:26 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=15395

Judy Plus by HMann (in the marketplace here) gets very good reviews. I haven't tried it myself, but I gather it's worth a look.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2004 at 4:29 PM
Site Admin

I have that one, too, and it's a really good one. It has several different face morphs. I really like it, too.

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

PeterJok ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2004 at 4:40 PM

Thank you a lot . I tried again entering Market place and I found Judy stuff in Poser 5 buttom. I saw a lot of characters for her and my favourites are Farah by Quarker and EJ by 3Dream. Can some one tell me wich of those two products is the best ? And I have two questions since I am a biginner : What is cr2 file ? What is RTEncoder ? I would be very glad if someone could answer and help me.

Letterworks ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2004 at 5:33 PM

Rtencoder is a program needed with some files, it allows morphed characters to be exchanged while still protecting the copyrights of the original creators (ie DAZ, Curious Labs, etc.). You can find it by doing a search in Freestuff. As for your question, Farrah is a beautiful character that cures many of the "problems" with the original figure. The EJ package also cures most (if not all) of these problems but also gives you a multitude of additional morphs to customize the figure to the way you want it. To my mind, if you don't mind the money, the EJ package is has the more long term potential. Of course it will take more work to create your own custom characters. Mike

winter200 ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2004 at 6:06 PM

There is also a wonderful freebee NewJudy AnAn by Yamato. There are free clothes available too. Judys clothes conform to her also, but you need to make afew body parts smaller on AnAn or dial down the AnAn morph. This is one pic where I used AnAn. http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=694152&Start=1&Artist=winter200&ByArtist=Yes You can find the link to AnAn and some clothes here. http://digitalbabes2.com/~yamato/AnAn.html I'm going to get that EJ package!!! Looks like a great one!

pokeydots ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2004 at 7:16 PM

Attached Link: Morphin Mindy

Don't forget Morphin Mindy by Deecey! She really nice :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

elgyfu ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 12:39 AM

New Judy AnAn by Yamato is really gorgeous - highly recommended. You can give Judy a face like Posette, the P4 figure (or any other Poser figure!) like this.... Load up the figure who's face you plan to nick. Render a clear picture of the head front on and in profile. Try and get a good even light, with as few shadows as possible. Save the two pictures and remember where you put them!! Load up Judy, say bye-bye to her mule face. Go to the Face room. Load up the two pictures as your source and gently adjust the points on the photos to try and match. Taks you time here and it should be quite easy. You may want to undo the morph dials and set the Female one up a bit. If you are looking for an ethnic face, twiddle the relevent dial. When you are happy either a) apply to Judy which will include the texture the donor character had on (can be useful!) or b) just apply the morph and apply a texture later. I have found this technique to be very succesful and opens Judy up to a lot of new possibilities.

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 1:57 AM

and while your at it check my freestuff here for my Judy fullbody morph set.. since she didn't come with any I decided to make some

PeterJok ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 4:07 AM

Thank you to all who helped me . I will download all the freebies. And I will definitly buy "EJ" by 3Dream because its the best !!!!!!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 7:50 AM

I just took a look at EJ. WOOW! Hard to believe it's really Judy! Has anyone tried her? And can you please tell me if the UVMapping has changed or if it still takes V2 textures, it doesn't quite say so in the promo, only there's a pic of her eye with apparently a V2 mat, so I sould THINK they work, I just want to be sore before I plonk out that amount of money :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

3Dream ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 10:39 AM

Hello ernyoka1 I am the author of "EJ" and I rebuilt totally de UV Map and you can apply textures from Victoria 1 or Victoria 2 and you will see they fit perfectly without seams imperfections . "EJ" is more than a character, its a NEW POSER FIGURE, able to create many more characters. If you have any more questions feel free to email me or send me a IM or write in the Poser forums. I am very proud to see already a Forum, talking about "EJ". "EJ" is my biggest project till now.

STOREhttps://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/vendors/3Dream

FREEBIEShttps://www.renderosity.com/users/3Dream/freestuff

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 12:17 PM

It looks really good and I'm very very tempted to buy it :o) Are you by any chance working on something similar for poor Don?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 12:26 PM
Site Admin

Yeah, all these improvements for Judy while Don is being ignored... Ifc products like these were available for Don I'd buy some of them.

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

jwhitham ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 4:21 PM

file_118548.jpg

I bought EJ, on the strength of my experience with Eternal Posette, and I'm not dissapointed.

I don't think these renders look too much like Judy, do they?

John

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 6:19 PM

EJ is definately an improvement in the face. I'm just wondering if there's been much mesh changed in the body, in other words, will my SHOW morphs for Judy work on EJ? I guess I'll just have to buy it and find out. Just the face change is worth it frankly.

Zarabanda ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 12:06 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=29630

file_118549.jpg

You might want to take a look at the Monica package I've created for Judy, its a High Res texture set and Morphed .cr2 figure. If you own Poser 5, you can literally use Monica "out of the box", no need for RTEncoder or any other add-ons. Plus she's on sale, you can't beat the price :)

wheatpenny ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 12:14 AM
Site Admin

Money's a little tight right now, but I just added Monica to my wish list...

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

soulhuntre ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 1:19 AM

I've seen the EJ page and she looks AWESOME! Simply an amazing job. The body shape is gorgeous and the face is heartbreaking. Good work, really good.

Zarabanda ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 1:49 AM

MM, sounds great, I'm thrilled you like her :)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 4:04 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1814270

This thread in Product Showcase shows some of what I'm doing for Don. I'm got a Mayan and Native Nmerican almost done, too. That is enough ethnicities to give starting points. Now I get to play with elves and ogres. :) It is another morph package by Deecey... but I'm waiting on a few last morphs to finalize the characters. If you guys would nudge her, we'd all get to play. I helped with the Judy package, too... so I'm biased... but will say that Don and Judy don't HAVE to look like they do out of the box. With a good flexible morph package you can create any sort of face you want. Carolly

Zarabanda ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 4:46 AM

Carolly, those morphs look fantastic! great to see content being created for what are the most underrated figures in the poser universe.

PeterJok ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 10:59 AM

file_118550.jpg

I really like EJ (new Judy by 3Dream) but now I am looking for great characters for Don, Willy and Penny. Where???

Zarabanda ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 1:02 PM

Peter, unfortunately I'm not aware of any products for Don, Will or Penny. While Judy has a handful of items in the MP, the other P5 characters seem to have been completely ignored. You can always search free stuff or the MP, but I just don't think theres anything much out there.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 1:16 PM
Site Admin

But if you look at Corroly's (hauksdottir) post above you'll see that she and deecey are working on something for Don. Something likr that is long overdue, IMO

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 2:50 PM

Well, I can say that one of the faces I made for Judy was held back because it will look better on the kids (it's a gremlin, and the small bodies suit the impish features better)... and I've got some other ideas for the kids... but Don has to get finished first. Oh, and thanks for the compliments, but I wouldn't be able to make any of these faces if it wasn't for Deecey's morphs. Except for a bit of ear rotation when called for (elves!), I'm not using any of the standard morphs. So someone with the pack who was combining morphs with the standard set or with other packs, would be able to get an even greater range. Carolly

Kiera ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 8:16 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_118551.jpg

I used a combo of AnAn for the body and the Farrah head by Quarker for this image. (Which is a WIP, ignore the bald head, etc.) The texture is a V2 texture, which is why you can still see seams in areas I haven't painted over yet. I turned the clothing layers off.

To do this I loaded Farrah, exported the head as a morph target, loaded AnAn, set the AnAn morph on the head to 0, then imported the head morph target I made from Farrah onto AnAn and set it to 1.

Judy is a useable model, with morphing. It's something different from Vicki, which is always nice for a change.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.