Mon, Sep 9, 10:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: I am going to RANT NOW! This is not cool has it happened to your gallery?

Vile ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 11:29 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2024 at 8:18 PM

I just had someone leave me a comment on my newest image that was a link back to their gallery. Not a big deal for me but my Family likes to look at these pictures and I usually have nudity turned off to look at Benton's gallery.

I have said this before I don't mind nudity I just thought this a little rude. Does anyone else feel the same or how do you feel about this?

Or am I just being a ninny? What the heck is a ninny anyhow?

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 11:37 AM

I'm....not seeing any comment on your pic that has a link. AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Vile ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 11:37 AM

Ok so they were nice enough to change it when I asked. But I still never leave a link to my gallery in some ones gallery image. And I guess this torked me cause when I clicked on the link it the gallery we saw went over like a turd in a punch bowl lol. I went back to their gallery with nudity turned off and there was nothing there, which they wonder why they do not get a lot of viewers.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 11:38 AM

oh, okay.

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 12:01 PM

or at least more discriminating ones..;) sorry to hear that happened. I've got grandchildren running around meself right now, so I have to keep one eye on the door, even with the nudity flag turned to reject..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Vile ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 12:01 PM

Hehe you are always on duty AS thanks! I mean it wasnt that big a deal and I was surprised how they removed the link, and actually they are not a bad photographer either just seemed inappropriate at the time.

ocddougdotcom ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 3:53 PM

I think leaving a link on a comment is bad taste, jmo.

electroglyph ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 6:12 PM

I am fairly unperturbed by most things but I feel that the only things you should leave in a gallery are comments about that particular image. Even so, if I have negative comments or suggestions, links to other artists, or tutorials, I prefer to send those through instant messaging. The gallery is public and forever. Leaving a link to my own work attached in such a way seems cheeky in the extreme to me.

ysvry ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 8:37 PM

well who was it and whats the link so we can see for our selves if it was relevant people can leave links .

for some free stuff i made
and for almost daily fotos

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 8:52 PM

The artist's name is the link and I think that's enough. I wish there was an option to turn off the html in the comments. To stop the colours and the scrolling etc.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 9:19 PM

I've been looking through the galleries and I guess it's the "excellent image and render" guy which makes it sound like it's an ad to click on the link rather than a real comment on the art work. Like electroglyph said, it's cheeky.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

draculaz ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2004 at 9:28 PM

yeah it seems to be the newest fad around renderosity. make a comment, leave a html link to your gallery. it's sad. drac

Ardiva ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 12:24 AM

Sorry to hear about your problem. I have now been getting IM "spam" from some artist that wants me to go to his gallery each time he uploads a new one there. That's pretty cheeky as well.

ocddougdotcom ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 12:32 AM

Ardiva, I've had that happen to me too. I never go to the link. If I want spam I can just open my damn email and get 50 of em.

orbital ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 2:14 AM

Yes I keep getting IM from a certain member in the Vue gallery wanting me to check their stuff out. At first I took a look, but to be honest it wasn't that good so now I just ignore it hoping whoever will get bored. To me it's a pretty cheap way of getting more viewings. I'd feel fake doing something like that, I guess whoever just wants to feel more popular.

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

pogmahone ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 3:53 AM

I just had a look out of curiosity - I'm amazed at how many guys from other forums have left comments - I don't have time to look at the Bryce gallery, never mind cruising all the other galleries as well!

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 3:57 AM

I almost always check out maya, vue, cinema 4d, and terragen galleries a couple times a week. Probably my most fave non-Bryce gallery is Cinema 4D. Yeah, don't let people spam your IM. If its a regular thing, drop me a note. AgentSmith

airlynx ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 10:22 AM

A lot of people are nice enough to check out your gallery when you leave a comment anyhow. I often check out galleries of commenters to see the caliber of the people who thought my work was nice. I know who you are talking about Vile and I've seen him/her do it a lot of times. Hopefully he/she will read this thread and decide to knock it off.

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 1:50 PM

I check everything every day..but then I like cold showers too..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Incarnadine ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 6:08 PM

I run through the bryce and cinema4D galleries mostly myself. Between real world work, artwork (for here and 'rotica) that's about all the time I have :(

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Vile ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 6:48 PM

Its just silly is all. Thanks for the nice words everyone it wasn't a big deal really. I just wanted to rant a bit...

anniemation ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2004 at 2:58 AM

This happened to me yesterday. The moderator removed it cuz instead of just a link, it was a link with a session ID thing. Yah seems kinda rude to me especially if it's a link to gallery with nudity as this comment/link was. Something else I'm seeing are a few people Voting on EVERY image - like hundreds of them, every hour!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.