Mon, Sep 9, 10:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 08 12:29 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Gallery comments e-bots

Ardiva ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2004 at 9:57 PM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 10:11 PM

...are they taking a vacation again?

anniemation ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2004 at 5:21 AM

haven't gotten one all day...

drawbridgep ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2004 at 7:20 AM

I rely on the bots to stop my mailbox being full of nothing but junk mail. I miss those little critters.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

eres ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2004 at 7:42 AM

Nothing to see today?????

Ardiva ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2004 at 9:35 AM

No ebots at all so far. Have to scrutinize every Forum as well.

sassecasseb ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2004 at 11:28 AM

None for me either for two days now, i wish they would come back, i miss them.=(

Jenai21 ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2004 at 12:30 PM

same here...I haven't gotten ebots in 3 days...has a mod noticed this thread yet??

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2004 at 12:33 PM

I've got a few, but they were marketplace-related (2 sales made and one thing I bought), and the Marketplace is on another server AFAIK. But nada from the forum posts. Very annoying!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Avalonne ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2004 at 12:36 PM

I miss them too! Haven't had one in two days. Scared to death they will all come at once and my mailbox will explode LOL

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2004 at 3:17 PM

Same here..no e-bots in 2 days save for a few market place ones. If I miss anyone's work I am sorry and will try to catch up on them. Sure miss the e-bots!

Nancy Deer With Horns
Deer With Horns Native American Indian Site

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2004 at 5:01 PM

I've only gotten a couple...having to go back & check threads & pics is a real annoyance.

EngleWolf ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2004 at 5:16 PM

Only mail I've gotten in the last couple days was the R'osity newsletter!

LillianH ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2004 at 6:51 PM

Hmmm...time to send out the hounds to search for the missing e-bots. I'll let you know tomorrow if they have been flushed out. Thanks for letting us know. Best regards, LillianH Renderosity Marketing & Promotions

Lillian Hawkins
Marketing Manager
By serving each other, we are free.

PandyGirl ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2004 at 8:05 PM

so when the ebot gets fixed are we going to be flooded with comment notifications and upload notifications of our favs or are they lost forever.. ??

macelene ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 6:08 AM

:( So the e-bots are still MIA.... Did someone forget to pay them or something and they went on strike? Macey

Macey ^_^

lundqvist ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 9:36 AM

I'll bet they're losing traffic on this. Since the Marketplace server is apparently still producing them, it would be nice to know when this problem is likely to be fixed. This is one of those "don't know what you've got til you lose it" things, but it does seem to be taking a long time to sort out...

Mark_uk ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 11:26 AM

just wondering what does ebot mean?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 11:56 AM

I just got 2 e-bots from the Poser Forum :o) WEEEEEE --- Mark_uk, an e-bot is a sorta nickname for that email-notification you usually get when someone posts after you in a thread here :o)

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

Mark_uk ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 12:21 PM

yep had a few in the past but was just wondering where the word came from. I guess the "e" is obvious but bot? Oh and welcome back ebots. Hope you had a good vacation.

Ardiva ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 12:52 PM

Yea!!!!! The ebots are back! smile

tresamie ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 1:34 PM

Interestingly, I got an email saying that someone had added me to their Favorite Artist list, but I am still not getting comment emails. E-bot is an Electronic Mail Robot, ie an automatically generated email. :)

Fractals will always amaze me!

Ardiva ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 2:29 PM · edited Thu, 29 July 2004 at 2:30 PM

I'm simply amazed at how the ebot can tell specifically who did what with whom!

Message edited on: 07/29/2004 14:30

Mark_uk ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 6:31 PM

It's magic :)

AGARAGAR ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 7:24 PM

What is an e-bot!!!!???

thelma ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 7:33 PM

I've had no ebots for 3 days !!! When the problem is sorted, will we get all the missing ones, and will they all come at once ?????

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 11:55 PM

thelma: No, the e-bots that should have been does not come later (at least mine didn't) AGARAGAR.... try reading a leeetle higher in this thread...

thelma ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 7:25 AM

I still haven't had any ebots, but I haven't had any other types of email either !!! Does anyone know what's happening ????? I am getting really worried now. Shouldn't someone from Rendo have replied to all our questions by now ???? or is the problem maybe being sorted as I type ???

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 8:39 AM

Thelma, I just sent you an email to the adress you are using here :o) that way you can see if you CAN recieve mail from here :o)

thelma ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 3:30 PM

ernyoka1...No I didn't get your email, and other people have let me know that they've sent me emails from here, and I didn't get them either. It's such a shame about the missing ebots, we won't be able to respond if anyone puts us in their favourites, apart from the ones that let us know of comments.

LillianH ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 11:52 PM

Sorry for the trouble folks. We're working on it. Thanks, LillianH Renderosity Marketing & Promotions

Lillian Hawkins
Marketing Manager

thelma ( ) posted Sat, 31 July 2004 at 4:42 PM

I have found all of my missing ebots, notifications, and emails !!! I have McAfee anti-virus and spamkiller, and today someone asked me if I was using a 'blocker' ??? I had no idea what this was, as McAfee is fairly new to me,and I don't really know how it works, but I clicked around and found a list of 'blocked' emails, and there was all the missing stuff !!! The other day, McAfee detected 3 viruses on my computer, a Trojan, and two others, and got rid of them. This must have been about the same time I stopped getting email, so I'm wondering if the blocking thingy went into action automatically afterwards [can it do this ?], as I haven't had this problem with mail before. I'd like to apologise to LillianH for my grumbling, and I hope that maybe, just maybe, someone else can find their missing ebots this way. If my dear friend Dixie hadn't mentioned blockers, I wouldn't have dreamed that was the answer to my problem, but then, I'm afraid I'm not very computer literate. But I'm learning every day !!!

LillianH ( ) posted Sat, 31 July 2004 at 9:59 PM

Hi thelma, Yeah! I am so glad you found those little buggers. I knew they were hiding somewhere ;-) Thanks for the update. I also hope all the other ebots turn up as well. Best wishes, LillianH

Lillian Hawkins
Marketing Manager

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.