Sun, Sep 22, 12:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:51 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: July Challenge theme...

DJB ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 9:46 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:30 PM

What I would like to see for July(being summer where I live)is something beach related.What ever you find the most interesting about a beach.
Make it in any application.
Take it in a photo.
Could be shells,waves,birds or peopple on the shore.
It's about fascinating beach scenes.
Postwork is encouraged to make it very artistic.
How's that.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 11:06 PM

Great theme. There should be some possibilities for creative results from this.

DJB ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 11:45 PM

I should have said that taking it in a photo is one option.Use any aplication.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Kristta ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 8:04 AM

Do I post my entry in this topic/thread? Kristta

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 8:05 AM

Yes, please do post on this thread.

Kristta ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 8:16 AM

file_115359.jpg

A timid child standing on a sandy beach at sun down.

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 8:21 AM

Lovely start to the challenge. :)

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 9:45 AM

indeed...a very lovely pic

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

RimRunner ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 10:33 AM

Great theme... very inline with Summer and summer activities. :) Can't wait to see what the entries bring.

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

MistDragon ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 1:18 PM

Can it be something I already posted in my gallery like .. yesterday? :D

MISTDRAGON

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 1:29 PM

RimRunner has the final say, but we've had previously posted graphics included on challenges before. :)

logiloglu ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 1:32 PM

file_115360.jpg

summer fun !

thanks for looking !!!!!! #:O) !!!!!!!!

MistDragon ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 3:55 PM

file_115361.jpg

ok I will try :) if this isn't okay I'll delete it :D

MISTDRAGON

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 4:05 PM

All these pictures make me long to kick off my shoes and head to the beach. Love these entries!

lilzeek ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 11:41 PM

file_115362.jpg

a post of mine awhile back that got overloooked i think.

chrislenn ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 4:25 AM

file_115363.jpg

It is winter here in Australia and I love the beach more at this time of year no crowds heat or flies evenings are even better - watching the waves with a slight breeze and this is what I tried to capture here thanks for looking Chris :o)

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Pee on it and walk away

chohole ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 10:23 AM

file_115364.jpg

When I was a kid it was not the beach that attracted so much as the little rock pools left behind. My usual poser figs rendered in bryce, then postworked with a combination of ps and corle photopaint.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 7:19 PM

file_115365.jpg

I love to watch the waves, especially the way they foam and boil around the rocks.

RimRunner ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 9:00 PM

file_115366.jpg

Sunrise on Kauai.

Nilla ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2004 at 7:04 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=707132&Start=1&Artist=Nilla&ByArtist=Yes

file_115367.jpg

OK here is my entry! I don't use much postwork on my images or anything I do. But I think this is just a beautiful scene! And yes artistic in my opinion. A photo taken at the beach! I am including the link to the original post in case you all missed it! Brenda :)

Nilla ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2004 at 7:06 PM

How many entries can I do?

bluetone ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2004 at 8:32 PM

file_115368.jpg

This is where I spent my summer vacation...

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2004 at 8:45 PM

I'm enjoying this virtual vacation. Great job, everyone. This challenge has brought out wonderful images.

RimRunner ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2004 at 12:05 AM

Nilla, you can post as many as you like, but when it comes time to vote for the images, then I'll tally each image as it's own entry. So if someone votes for one of the images, you get the points, for that image. Not that there are any prizes, except being able to select the next theme. :)

oooZENOooo ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2004 at 8:44 AM · edited Sat, 10 July 2004 at 8:46 AM

file_115369.jpg

This was i picture I had taken when I visited the beach in Luss at Loch Lommond in Scotland. Kind Regards Zeno

Message edited on: 07/10/2004 08:46

Zeno [LightWave] ... AUDI A3 (wip) Mitchell Library (wip) ...

DJB ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2004 at 5:12 PM

If I was Nilla I wouldn't post anymore than that.That one is a fantastic artistic shot,and to post more,might be to take votes away from that one.MHO

Nilla ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2004 at 7:43 PM

Well dbgrafix, you know I just love the sunrise and I live right here on the Atlantic, I don't know that I can just limit myself to only one LOL! It might make for an interesting vote!? I really am not worried about winning, I just like to try to show you some of the beauty I have seen. Maybe one more? huh? just one? giggles By the way that image (above) was taken on the West coast of Florida on one of the top ten rated beaches for vacationing! White sand, blue water and impeccably clean! goes and looks through her gallery Brenda :)

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 5:22 AM

file_115370.jpg

This is one I made for my little granddaughter, who is into "Little mermaid 2". Normal format for me. poser figs rendered in bryce postwork in PS

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Sebbo128 ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2004 at 4:28 AM

file_115371.jpg

i did this just recently while i was actually on holidays in a beach town (agnes waters in central queensland, australia in case anyone was wondering). my gf and i watched a few sunsets together which inspired me to do this. i don't do much post-render work either...i'm aiming at getting into the gaming scene, so its kinda outa the question in my books

i would also welcome any tips from ppl too

keep up the good work

karosnikov ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2004 at 10:21 AM

file_115372.jpg

![karosnikov.jpg](http://www.geocities.com/mnprepress/karosnikov.jpg) it's always summer somewhere on earth, Tan chase mobile, thanks to Gremli9.

tresamie ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2004 at 2:44 PM

file_115373.jpg

A rainy day at the beach. Coconut trees by alvinylaya, created and rendered in Bryce 5.

Fractals will always amaze me!

smallspry ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2004 at 11:34 PM

file_115374.jpg

Well I couldn't resist posting this picture. It's my favourite, and was taken last summer. My Son digging the never ending hole on the beach. Every time I turned around, that's what I saw, so finally decided to snap a pic of it. If this pic brings a smile to even one face then, posting it was worth it.

Cathy

Kristta ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2004 at 7:18 AM

Cathy, When I first saw your picture, my first thought was "that's my son". Unfortunately, this year, we can't seem to get him to go outside at all. I've resorted to declaring Sundays as "electronics free days". No TV, Playstation or Computer for any one. Some one is going outside to play. Kristta

Nilla ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2004 at 9:54 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=688113&Start=19&Artist=Nilla&ByArtist=Yes

file_115375.jpg

OK I have decided to add one more here! I hope you all like it! And I am including a link once again for any of you that missed it. Brenda :)

Pancho1985 ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 3:24 PM

file_115376.jpg

The above picture is just great, and so is the one by Nilla. Here is my entry :D I liked the way this one turned out, hope you like it too.

CLICK!

karosnikov ( ) posted Sun, 18 July 2004 at 2:54 PM

file_115378.jpg

experiments that almost look like hair.

DJB ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2004 at 6:58 PM

file_115379.jpg

1st post.Scenes on a Beach

thomllama ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2004 at 8:49 PM

file_115380.jpg

He has the romantic dinner all planned out,.....Just a few more items to Bring out before "She" gets there!! Wanted to do more to it.. make the sand more real looking.. but hey.. All items modeled in carrara 3, table cloth "drapped" in poser, rendered in Vue d' Esprit, post work in Photoshop

Hexagon, Carrara, Sculptris, and recently Sketchup. 

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 11:17 AM

file_115381.jpg

Humans aren't the only ones who enjoy a nice beach ^_^ Dolphins are Poser 3 presets. Did the background in Bryce 3D, and made a UV map for the right-hand dolphin with UV Mapper. I wanted the left one to be a bottlenose, and the right to be a common. No real reason why ^_^

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 5:33 PM

Wow...I hadn't looked in for awhile. Beautiful work, everybody! This challenge is going to be a challenge to pick a favorite of.

Nilla ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2004 at 7:03 PM

Where and when do we vote? How long is the vote open for? I haven't been here when you all voted before! :-S

RimRunner ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2004 at 11:15 PM

Voting is done here in this thread. Pick your 3 top images... list them out as 1st choice, 2nd & 3rd. I take it from there once the voting is closed and add up the points. Winner gets to pick the theme for the next month's challenge. :)

Nilla ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 6:34 PM

Doesn't want to go first, so she watches to see what everyone else does here

tresamie ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 2:29 PM

When does voting start?

RimRunner ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 2:34 PM

Hmmm... should have started a couple days ago. :) Been wondering why no one was posting any votes. LOL :)

tresamie ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 3:11 PM

Cool, then I will go first! logiloglu 3 points Wonderful exuberance! Pancho 2 points Clever and funny, and very well done! RimRunner 1 point A Gorgeous sunrise photo! What a great turnout, and all beautiful. It was extremely hard to choose.

valcali ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 6:04 PM

1st choice is randym77...I can smell the salt air! 2nd choice is smallspry...I love that kid! 3rd choice is Pancho1985...the tinman is too cool! Wonderful images from everyone...it was really hard to decide. ;o)

Treat people as if they were what they ought to be...
And you help them to become what they are capable of being.
                                                                ~Goethe~
R.I.G.H.T.S.

Nilla ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 8:11 PM
  1. Randym77 It was a tough choice between this and number 2. 2. dBgraqfix Love his paint effect! 3. Logiloglu wonderful group portrait at the beach! Do you have any clue how many times I changed my mind? What a tough choice here! :)

Asylumc3 ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 8:25 PM
  1. Randym77... just a beautiful comp! 2. Smallspry... I have 3 kids, beach or no beach there WILL be a hole somewhere! 3. Bluetone.. This is so serene and wonderfully done. Ok that was a very tough choice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asylumc3 ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 8:37 PM

" I've resorted to declaring Sundays as "electronics free days". No TV, Playstation or Computer for any one. Some one is going outside" Krista, try threatening to buy only games about playing outside (note they are usaully the boring ones!) or watching only vacation videos on tv. Worked great on my 13 year old son! LOL Cathy, love this pic, you'll treasure this one for many years:).

Pancho1985 ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 9:30 PM

Nilla- 3 RimRunner- 2 Loliloglu- 1(because I envy those kids for having fun at the beach while I have to work in the middle of the United States :P)

CLICK!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.