Fri, Sep 20, 1:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: major melt down?

manleystanley ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 2:12 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:25 AM

Was there a major melt down here just a little while ago? Got pages full of squ or was it o messages when I came here a few moments ago.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 2:41 PM

I keep getting sessSQL errors....

Hawke ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 3:29 PM

Me too, keep getting: SessSQL: Too many connections Only seems to happen in the galleries to me.

wizardtim ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 3:34 PM

It happened to me too. I thought the moderators were still mad at me :-).

altfritz ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 4:33 PM

I keep getting asked for my login and password. And then it occassionally comes up with SQL text all over the page. They're messing with the site again, I guess. (More "improvements", no doubt) Don't know about you guys but the "Renderosity Experience" has been going down hill since about this time last year.

manleystanley ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 4:34 PM

with me it was the entire site from the login. when I loged in it gave me the same sql errors, but what's more concernful is it also displaided all my info; name, password, comp ID number, ect.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 5:29 PM

yeah it's burping here as well. And yes I am noticing it getting slower and slower every day.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

TerraDreamer2 ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 7:04 PM

I had to create a new ID just to get into this place.

Momcat ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 7:11 PM

Me too, plus now my merchant status is gone :( HELP!!!!!!

TerraDreamer2 ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 7:13 PM

I thought people worked here 24/7?

Spike ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 8:14 PM

Were working on it.... It's been a loooonnngggg day fro them

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

Momcat ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 9:16 PM

I don't know if the problem is fixed for everyomne, but I tried
loggingiout and then logging back in again and everything seems
back to normal >^_^

manleystanley ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 10:19 PM

well that last try went down the tubes, lets try again. Maybe it's not as fixed as I thought. SQL Query Error: MySQL server has gone away Query was: SELECT SQL_CACHE * FROM Forum WHERE status='A' ORDER BY Priority, Name will this help? e-bots are down too.

manleystanley ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 10:32 PM

well aparently this are still real bugy. Can't get to my home page, can't get too any galleries but the first page of the general gallery. I'll check back tomorrow.

Sunspot3d ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 10:52 PM

Yep it would appear so. I dont know what I did, but I just left out and came back a few times and it finally cleared up, but this is what I got initially for several tries. SQL Query Error: MySQL server has gone away Query was: SELECT SQL_CACHE * FROM Forum WHERE status='A' ORDER BY Priority, Name That message is all I saw where graphics and links should be. I hope that helps ya all to figure out the proglem. P.S. I had saved a desktop image for ya's too see what it looks like, but cannot upload it here due to the ridiculously small 200 kb limit on images.

LillianH ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 11:53 PM

Sorry for the trouble folks. We're working on it. Thanks, LillianH Renderosity Marketing & Promotions

Lillian Hawkins
Marketing Manager
By serving each other, we are free.

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2004 at 11:55 PM

P.S. I had saved a desktop image for ya's too see what it looks like, but cannot upload it here due to the ridiculously small 200 kb limit on images. Then convert it to .JPG or .GIF mode.

manleystanley ( ) posted Sat, 31 July 2004 at 12:54 AM

Hay everything looks good so far. I was able to surf the galleries and check out my home page here. And it appears I'm the only one checking out my gallery images. oh well.

Stringy ( ) posted Sat, 31 July 2004 at 1:34 AM

I started surfing at midnight. The site just crashed out on me so much I gave up. Its now 7:30 am (UK time) and I'm still having problems with pages freezing and error messages. Hope the bugs are fixed soon

Seraphira ( ) posted Sat, 31 July 2004 at 1:48 AM

I can't even get into my account information and getting those SQL errors. :( when i access my account it's not there page not found! :( me too stringy i hope they fix it soon. :( Sera

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Sat, 31 July 2004 at 1:57 AM · edited Sat, 31 July 2004 at 1:58 AM

I had a bout of the same about 2 hours ago. Once it said that http://www.renderosity.com was 404.

Message edited on: 07/31/2004 01:58

spook ( ) posted Sat, 31 July 2004 at 2:31 AM

to add: the site has been relatively stable for over 2 hours. however, the banner ads have been spotty. and where they DON'T appear, overall site performance has improved - though the navigation bar caching is inconsistent, again, too.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sat, 31 July 2004 at 3:01 AM · edited Sat, 31 July 2004 at 3:01 AM

Had a whole page full of MySLQ errors...couldnt get in until I sent for my pasword...which I already KNEW that...but it didnt recognise it until I sent for it >:(

Now at 3:00 am central I had to wait 7 mins to load the page at all....

Message edited on: 07/31/2004 03:01

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 31 July 2004 at 8:17 AM

Now..for me..I'm still not getting ebots..& now the marketplace is full of these ?????.

ClintH ( ) posted Sat, 31 July 2004 at 8:27 AM

We are still working on the problems. The community side is now functioning fine or better than it was. The MarketPlace is still experiencing some issues and the programmers are looking into these right now. E-Bots are still being investigated as well. I apologize for the problems and please rest assured that we are working hard to have them resolved ASAP. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Sat, 31 July 2004 at 12:22 PM

@Spike: How many times do you guys need to be told! NEVER set your beers on top of the file servers while having a LAN party playing UT2004.

stardreamer ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 5:45 AM

Why can't Renderosity have a polite but witty "sorry but we're doing work on the site so you may have some problems" message? I think all sites should have them so you know it's not you browser/connection that has the problem.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.