Sun, Sep 22, 12:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: freebie-in-the-making-needing-input, and a special thanks to draculaz

Fatale ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 3:53 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:26 PM

file_120256.jpg

hello, I'm a total newbie to bryce (*waves hi to everyone*), and if not for the freebie showcase scene by draculaz, I think this would've turned out even worse lol I'm made this gargoyle a couple days back to learn bryce by using it to render the usual type of models I normally work with. I plan to make it a freebie soon, in obp format as what I normally do - give away learning models as freebies :) Anyways I need help with the texture setting.. anybody got a formula on how to make a "stone" look? I've tried and tried and spent all day rendering away, bumps and all, and still cant achieve that *look* (gah!) Attached image is two settings I've been fooling around with, just to show how the model looks with vastly different settings.

pogmahone ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 4:11 PM

That's one super gargoyle!!!!!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 5:48 PM

It looks excellent, great work...Sharen

gillbrooks ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 5:55 PM

That's a super model! Have you tried using image textures or are you trying to use the DTE ?

Gill

Fatale ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 5:59 PM

thanks everyone! gillbrooks: I'm playing around with procedurals, and currently all i can get is a "furry" look that might pass for very corroded stone lol (as shown in pic 2) I'm mostly going for a chunky-stone look that is somewhere between pic 1 and pic 2, but cant seem to get it right. Any pointers are most appreciated! :)

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 6:16 PM

Cool Gargoyle did anyone see the movie (from the 70's)? What about the goofy cartoon series?

kimpe ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 6:41 PM

Awesome image. My fav is the "Stoned" version.

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 8:10 PM
Forum Moderator

Looks like it's taking a dump.....LOL Seriously, I love the 'stoned' version......!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

TMGraphics ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 10:00 PM

Ewww nice! I would like to render that in C4D with HDRI!

draculaz ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 10:05 PM

and i was like... all right, what did i do now.. some other guy's gonna thank me for being an ass or something.. great work :)

Ang25 ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 10:35 PM

Stoned Gargoyle looks fantastic!

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 10:38 PM

I really like it! Are you trying to get a more weathered looking stone, or did you just mean the stone wasn't "stony" enough? I imagine you're using Bryce 5 or so, (way above my version at least) so I can't be that much help, just thought I'd say it's a nice model and render ;) On the weathered stone note though, I made a rather interesting erroded pottery texture using the pitted concrete material in Bryce 3's preset library. Never underestimate the presets for using as starting points ;)

danamo ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 11:06 PM

A most excellent gargoyle!

artbyphil ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 6:19 AM

Looks great!

rj001 ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 7:04 AM

v.cool image

Experience is no substitute for blind faith.

http://avalon2000.livejournal.com/ - My Art Blog

Fatale ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 9:29 AM

file_120258.jpg

A note of thanks to Swade who sent me the link to [really cool DTE tutorial](http://users.pandora.be/walter.vandijck/DTEtutorial1.htm). I fooled around with the textures and I'm quite happy with this version.. looks weather-beaten, and not furry-stone lol It's a modification of the veiny stone preset with a bit of concrete thrown in.

Drop me a few renders of it if you use different material settings.. I mostly made this to try out the bryce texturing, so I'm hungry for any feedback/tips, but enough babbling from me ;)

Potty-train all your pets here! (3.6MB download)

ttops ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 12:33 PM

Excellent work.

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 3:05 PM
Forum Moderator

Potty-train all your pets here! (3.6MB download) ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Swade ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 11:22 PM

Man.... that texture rocks. That turned out sweet. Nice job. 8)

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

Zhann ( ) posted Mon, 16 August 2004 at 3:19 PM

Kewl!!!

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.