Mon, Sep 9, 6:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Curious Labs launches new web site!

Curious_Labs ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 8:08 PM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 5:55 AM

Curious Labs has been working hard on a redesign of our website! In addition to a fresh new look and site organization, the new site features a brand new Community area dedicated to showcasing customer artwork, stories and resources. The new site is just the beginning. With your help, we plan to expand the site with new content and resources over time, so we can create a great destination for you to stay up to speed on both our company and the community of other Curious Labs customers throughout the world. Visit us today! www.curiouslabs.com With kind regards, Katherine

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 8:29 PM

Sounds good! Thanks for the info!

xoconostle ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 8:39 PM

Very nice, clean, classy redesign. I love the new galleries. It's really good to see the site revitalized. Great job!

GothKurlz ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 8:55 PM

very kewl! looking forward to this!

mathman ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 9:37 PM

Very cool. Already a lot of extra content, got re-inspired by looking at the many uses of Poser out in the big wide world.

numanoid ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 9:55 PM

"Digital Sleight-of-Hand: Changing Prop Parenting in Poser Animations" I think this link is broken on the site. Just brings up a picture instead of a tutorial.

numanoid ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 10:05 PM

Maybe I am just stupid, but I can't find something on the site. "Secrets of Figure Creation with Poser 5" I click on the link that says "Buy it" and that takes me to http://www.egisys.de/onlinestore/?countryiso=GB But I can't find the book on their site. Any clues?

geep ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 10:14 PM

Hi numinoid,

TRY THIS LINK to see the tutorial for:

"Digital Sleight-of-Hand: Changing Prop Parenting in Poser Animations"

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

numanoid ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 10:23 PM

Hi Dr Geep, I know the tutorial well, I was just pointing out the broken link. Thanks

sturkwurk ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 10:32 PM

Looks like Brian Haberlin is dominating the comic/cartoons gallery... you know there's plenty more of that stuff at animotions, and some little site called sturkwurk.com

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 11:25 PM

The site causes Netscape 4.x to crash. No big deal, since they probably don't need that customer base. There's an image overlapping the descriptive text in the lower right in Explorer 5.x.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 1:26 AM

Great new look, reminds me of Maxon's, which I like (in fact, for a second, I thought it was Maxon's site; lol).

Mateo: You are correct about the Netscape 4.x market being no longer a factor. Netscape is up to version 7.2, as well as Mozilla being at 1.7. Those computers which won't run either of these are not going to be able to run Poser 5, and will probably struggle with Poser Artist/4/ProPack.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 1:48 AM

Does the site still have the free things, like the setup room tutorials etc? I couldn`t find them.

Farside ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 6:59 AM

the new site looks nice and PoserFusion for Shade 7 sounds intriguing :)

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 7:46 AM

No problems checking out the new look site here with Firefox 0.9.1 Hadn't checked out the galleries for a while so was pleasantly surprised by the talent on show :) great looking new site by the way :)

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 9:43 AM

Attached Link: http://www.curiouslabs.com/

The initial impression is good. It loads just fine in Mozilla. How about a clickable link for lazy folks like me.

nomuse ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 10:54 AM

Mateo: You are correct about the Netscape 4.x market being no longer a factor. Netscape is up to version 7.2, as well as Mozilla being at 1.7. Those computers which won't run either of these are not going to be able to run Poser 5, and will probably struggle with Poser Artist/4/ProPack. Yah. Why bother to support previous versions of the software (.or Poser Artist, for that matter); it's not like any other software vendor attempts to do this. It ain't like any of the content at DAZ, like the millenium figures, will run on anything less than a dual-gig machine, right? Site looks similar but cleaned-up a little. Probably explains why it also runs a lot faster than the old one. I don't need to bring sandwhiches for a trip through the product directory any more.

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 8:48 PM

I like the new look for the site. Enjoyed seeing you at ComicCon and I'll be seeing you again at Siggraph! You have peaked my intersest with the Shade program. Peggy

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

Robo2010 ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 9:09 PM · edited Thu, 05 August 2004 at 9:10 PM

Attached Link: http://www.curiouslabs.com/imagecatalogue/customimageview/2470/?sbss=510&ReferrerURL=/imagecatalogu

Awesome site.. Also my poser image made the "image of the day", really made my day so happy. :-)

http://www.curiouslabs.com/

Message edited on: 08/05/2004 21:10

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 9:22 PM

Firefox 0.9.3 all systems go :-)

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2004 at 12:31 AM

holds money ready for Shade Gonna plunge as soon as I am able. Site looks good -- no longer a melange, more overall cohesiveness.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

geep ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2004 at 12:48 AM

Hey Tony ... Congrats on your image of the day ... well deserved! cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2004 at 2:09 AM

I don't think the version number of Netscape or Internet Explorer is so important. What matters is that the HTML is according to standard. If you really want stupidity, I know of sites using a e-retail package which only works with IE. And they're selling vehicle parts, not Windows software. What can be a nuisance is a site that needs all the browser bells and whistles to download stuff like patch files and service packs. Think about the implications of that. (No, I haven't look at the new site: this was a general point on access and browser compatibility)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2004 at 7:19 AM

Clean and understated and accessible. :) The extra content (models and textures) for Poser 5 appear to be missing from the downloads page? However, you have more tutorials now. Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.