Mon, Sep 9, 6:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: YOOHOO!, Problem Lightwave plugin is out of date.

Bruce__ ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 3:10 PM ยท edited Sat, 17 August 2024 at 5:46 PM

Ok I want to load up a light wave 6 and lightwave 7 model, But poser 5 is set for lightwave 5 models, how can I get poser 5 to load these higher versions of lightwave models? And where can I get the plugins?

MachineClaw ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 6:36 PM

ya can't. not as lwo. if you have lightwave you can export the model as an obj and then import into poser 5, or you can use a converter that will read the lw 6 /7 model and convert it. I think the older DeepUV will do that, there is a free version before right hemesphere bought it that you can use, but I don't have the link anymore sorry. basically if you want anything into poser 5 obj files are the way to go

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 7:38 PM

Lightwave 6 and seven objects are very difficult to convert with any program, there are only a few which can do it. As machine claw said wavefront objects are the best for poser and if you have lightwave 6 or 7 then export the objects as wavefront in the modeler.

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 7:54 PM

I think the older DeepUV will do that Not sure, but I think you mean Deep Exploration

MachineClaw ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 10:54 PM

yeah deep exploration. earlyer version. still no link though.

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 11:04 PM

I believe they disabled the link when Right Hemisphere took it over. I can't remember what the original program was called ... wasn't it something like 3D Exploration, or something to that effect? At any rate, the free version was taken down from its original site when it was bought out. I purchased RH's version and have since upgraded to the most recent. It does a real good job at translating file formats. I second the vote on converting to OBJ.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 1:34 AM

Yes, it was called 3D Exploration/3D Explorer. Right Hemisphere was forced to change the name to reflect how far into your wallet you had to dig in order to afford their version ;p No link, and btw, it was $30 shareware, not free.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 7:36 AM

Yes, I think you're right on the $30 ... and I love your analogy of the name! ROFL

Bruce__ ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 3:45 PM

Got deep exploration it goes into Analeptic shock when trying to translate lwo 6 or 7 I got these great models but they are all in lightwave 6 format.....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.