Thu, Sep 5, 8:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Copyright enfringement

d_hood ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 1:23 AM ยท edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 8:25 PM

I'm not sure if you are aware, but http://cccmc.com are going around stealing images and selling them as wallpapers on a cd. You may want to search that site and see if your stuff has been stolen as I have a few friends whos work is being sold there without permission. They also have an entire 3d section and alot of the pictures look familiar. info Here is what their "copyright" notice says: "Copyright Notice: Please Read before ordering When you purchase the wallpapers, it is not the wallpapers you are buying, but the time it took for us to collect them, create them and the materials and time to burn them onto a CD (DVD). You only have the right to view them on your machine and for personal use on the same machine. The Art Work is copyrighted by the original Artist and the Wallpaper Design by CCCMC, and you do not have a right to share the wallpapers or to modify them or to use them in any document (electronic or paper or paperless), unless it in on your computer only and is not viewed by the public. You can not recompile them, sell them, loan them, copy them or distributed them in any manner. All of these pics are available on the internet for free if you choose to locate them and take the time to download them. You are paying for our time to do this for you. We are not selling you any rights to use them other than those that you would get by copying them yourself from the same source(s) on the internet. If you feel that you have work here in which is yours and that the copyright has been infringed upon, please contact us and we will discuss this with you. All Work on this site is from the fair trade policy and/or public domain then modified by us to become new original artwork. We do not relinquish the rights on said artwork and maintain our copyright on our work. If you do sell or make available in any other format (electronic, paper, paperless, website, peer-to-peer, etc or any other means) these pictures to anyone else you will then be buying a full license agreement for distribution at the cost of $1000.00 per set as detailed above. We reserve the right to charge you in any manor if you do so, including any means open to us, including legal action. If you have any questions, please contact us. Margaret Organ-Kean did some digging and found their info and that of their ISP: Registrant: Lord Greywolf's Gaming Center 11134 US 19 unit 1A Port Richey, Florida 34668 United States Registered through: GoDaddy.com Domain Name: CCCMC.COM Created on: 07-Jan-02 Expires on: 07-Jan-05 Last Updated on: 19-Jan-04 Administrative Contact: Sawyer, Thomas Lord_Greywolf@cccmc.com Lord Greywolf's Gaming Center 11134 US 19 unit 1A Port Richey, Florida 34668 United States 7278635285 Fax -- Technical Contact: Sawyer, Thomas Lord_Greywolf@cccmc.com Lord Greywolf's Gaming Center 11134 US 19 unit 1A Port Richey, Florida 34668 United States 7278635285 Fax -- Domain servers in listed order: CCCMC.CCCMC.COM CCCMC.CERTIFIED-MCSE.NET

Mahray ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 1:38 AM

Be careful if you decide to visit this site, the design is awful. As is the spelling... "Wallpaper Copywrite by CCCMC.com - Artwork by Origional Artist"

Come visit us at RenderGods.

Ignore the shooty dog thing.

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 3:15 AM

To bad they don't know they can't copyright someone else's work. And to add insult to injury they are using Paypal, and some of the stuff violates Paypal's TOS.....if Paypal was alerted to this they'd freeze this guys cash in a flash and close the account down.....

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

MRIguy ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 3:54 AM

That sort of footwork (copyright statement) is the work of someone trying to sidestep the copyright issue for other people's copyright. I saw several pictures from the http://www.digitalblasphemy.com website. I wonder if he is aware of the issue. Also saw some Disney pics, Simpsons, Looney Tunes (WB), .... wonder how they feel about such a site?

Didn't you know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That's why eyedrops and rose-colored glasses are needed.

draculaz ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 5:43 AM

email them and find out :)

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 6:43 AM
Forum Moderator

The Bryster's Gallery Images may be downloaded for your viewing pleasure. Images may NOT be used for any commercial purpose unless prior permission is given by the artist. This is my answer to the above posts.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 6:48 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1874787

Sorry B, But that means squat to this guy.... The original thread is above...

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 6:58 AM
Forum Moderator

Thanks, Jan! He'll get his sooner or later.

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

waldomac ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 8:17 AM

I guess this is one of those times when it actually pays to be a sorry artist. None of my stuff has been lifted that I can see. ;) I recognize a few, however, but none I can quite pinpoint in the 3d section, though I didn't spend much time wandering through there. The web design is rather awful.

Gog ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 10:09 AM

What a sorry site :( and to make it worse, I think it's being served from an old 486 across a 14k modem or something, sheesh that's slow.......

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Rochr ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 10:43 AM

Since the moron ripped some stuff from Craig Mullins and Stahlberg (among others), ive posted the link over at CGtalk, where those guys usually hang. They are usually pretty good at hanging people by their balls over there for stuff like this. >:)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

RobertJ ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 10:49 AM

How deep? Kneep deep in shit i must say, still wondering why this site has not been turned into a smoking crater on the serverfloor.

Robert van der Veeke Basugasubasubasu Basugasubakuhaku Gasubakuhakuhaku!! "Better is the enemy of good enough." Dr. Mikoyan of the Mikoyan Gurevich Design Bureau.

nanotyrannus ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 11:30 AM

I've been to the digital blasphemy site before so I gave him a heads up on this thread. Recognized others work as well, hope somthing gets done about this.

d_hood ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 12:04 PM

Its been posted at the forums at Sijun too.

pauljs75 ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 1:04 PM

I wonder if we should contact the Escher estate foundation, seen them selling digitized Escher works there too. I dunno if M.C.'s kids/grandchildren would be happy 'bout that. LOL

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 3:12 PM
Forum Moderator

Pauljs75: Do you have a link for that Escher site?

woodhurst ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 5:22 PM

Bah...I cant believe I saw Craig Mullins and Jacek yerka's work in there....this guy has some stones.

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 5:46 PM

I used to see some of the folks' stuff here (Nitro 115 and Kevin Kappis come to mind) at a place called Witt's End..still out there somewhere..I'd laugh like hell if something of mine's out there..caveat emptor, and all that..;) but for the serious artists out there, give 'em heck.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 6:11 PM

I notified Steven Stahlberg earlier, he's going to give the guy a heads up.....;] Also notified Humanoids Publishing about the Heavy Metal mag covers, Harris Comics about the Vampirella comic covers, Digital Blasphemy, DC comics, Julie Bell and a couple of others I saw there.... I'm hoping the publishing companys will kick ass, they don't like this sort of thing at all....

d_hood ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 6:39 PM

Mullins is well aware of it. He was actually the first one that was told. I think the original thread at Sijun was "Mullins, heads up" I saw alot of work there from alot of artists I know. The guy that runs that site (and steals the images) told me he was taking the stuff down as requested. Hes also been harassed up and down from people (which I dont agree with). really dont think that guy knows what he really is doing. He doesnt seem all that bright and after being threatened repeatedly, I think he got the idea.

Vile ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 7:39 PM

Lol I just notified Steven Stahlberg as well lol.

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 7:39 PM ยท edited Thu, 05 August 2004 at 7:39 PM

From what I understand from the people that know him, he knows exactly what he's done. The site, with all the pages has changed 6 times since the original post, not only that, he has publicly, verbally denounced and abused the artist's whose work he's stolen, who asked him to take it down.

And the artists have every right to be outraged at what he was doing. When the post was first made I emailed him stating that what he was doing was copyright infringement, it was a sane, rational, and extremely polite email, and his reply was pretty much 'up yours'.....

Message edited on: 08/05/2004 19:39

Foester ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 9:39 PM

If one of the artists in question contact Paypal they will take action.

d_hood ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 9:53 PM

His page is slowly but surely dying. This message has been posted on numerous art sites and forums. I guess hes got some pretty serious C&D emails from some pretty big people. One email told him to take the site down completly. I think hes pretty much done for.

HSG ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 9:59 PM

If he does not get the message, you can also contact: Administrative Contact, Technical Contact: Road Runner HoldCo LLC (XGUKSSRMIO) abuse@RR.COM 13241 Woodland Park Rd Herndon, VA 20171 US 703-345-3416 fax: 703-345-3607 His ISP

Nukeboy ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 10:16 PM

Currently, the page says that no cd's or artwork are for sale and that it is a "view" only page. However, I noticed a lot of artwork from Disney that's available to "view". I notified a friend of mine from the former "Retlaw" (Disney's legal dept. -Walter [Disney]- spelled backward. I'm sure there'll be a trial date any day now... :-)

pauljs75 ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 10:52 PM

Heheheh... Sent a letter to copyright@mcescher.com, so they'll be aware of this as well. LOL

Barbequed Pixels?

Rochr ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 11:39 PM

One thing is for certain, the guy is most likely in serious trouble.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 11:49 PM

Doesn't matter if the images are 'just to view', he has what is called a complilation site;

COLLECTION / COMPILATION SITE - A site that is created with a variety of graphics, or files from more than one copyright holder. Permission must be received from each copyright holder for every image, or file in the collection. If permission is not given, the compilation site is in copyright violation.

jadench ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2004 at 1:36 AM

So does this mean that if I share my pictures that he has stolen that he will take me to court and extract 1000.00 from me??????? ha....ha....haaaaaaaa........hee hee. Good Luck.

Zhann ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2004 at 1:52 AM

Yeah, I thought that one was a hoot to!

Rochr ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2004 at 4:06 PM

Attached Link: http://www.morgankeithstudios.com/patrick/pics/pirate.jpg

The guy is big news all over the graphics world now. Someone even contacted Microsoft about those MCSE addresses. Hes going down for sure.

And heres what the prick posted instead of the images he was forced to take down.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

d_hood ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2004 at 4:47 PM

I emailed and told him that it was slanderous to post that image and soon after he started to delete them. Im glad someone saved that picture.

pauljs75 ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2004 at 7:11 PM

That's funny coming from somebody who was trying to make a quick buck on an image w/o the artist's permission. Not to mention that those images are usually free to view elsewhere.

Barbequed Pixels?

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2004 at 7:51 PM
Forum Moderator

..and he can't even spell!

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2004 at 9:17 PM

yep..seen quite a few of these..tho I guess I'm not good enough to be stolen..sniff, sniff..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

jocko500 ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 11:05 AM

as for Disney's they let the first sixs years go into publit use with no copyright that happened about 2 years ago they refuse to pay for the fees to get the copyrights to they first six years.

what you see is not what you know; it in your face

MRIguy ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 8:24 PM

Sad thing about this whole affair is that he probably could have had a bunch of artists sign on to his idea if he had bothered to ask. Oh well, I have two websites which I use, Here at Renderosity for the pleasure of sharing ideas with my fellow artists, and Freshmeat for sharing images with the Open Source crowd. If I should ever get as good as the DigitalBlasphemy, maybe I can actually make real money from my artistic efforts.

Didn't you know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That's why eyedrops and rose-colored glasses are needed.

striving ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 8:33 PM ยท edited Sat, 07 August 2004 at 8:34 PM

That crap is one of the downsides to the internet. You either have the choice to watermark all over your art, therefore decreasing the beauty of it. Or post such small images no one can see the details.

I had an issue about a month ago where a fellow NHL wallpaper site owner (I do those beside 3d) wrote me and told me that along with his images, some of mine were being sold on ebay... I went and looked and sure enough, this other guy had at least 7 of my images there with my watermark removed and for sale as prints...

Took a couple mails to get him to take them off. I told ebay, they didn't care really.
People love to steal and make a quick buck when they can...

Message edited on: 08/07/2004 20:34

Rochr ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 8:54 PM

What the graphic community need, is to have ONE of these loosers going down hard, and forced to pay a fortune for their theft. That would make an example. Im still hoping for it to happen.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

pauljs75 ( ) posted Mon, 16 August 2004 at 2:21 PM

Just an update... I got a reply from the copyright guy at M.C. Escher.com. Hopefully the Escher guys won't mind if I post the reply here, since everyone in this discussion supports this type of action. Thought you guys might dig it though. ---- Dear Mr. [pauljs75], Having just returned from two weeks holiday, I found your email regarding the posting of Escher imagery at fantasy.cccmc.com, for which I would like to thank you. We indeed never gave them permission to post, and/or distribute/sell these images on their website and as such they have infringed our copyright. I have send them an email regarding this and unless they stop, we will start the necessary legal action against them. Once again our thanks for pointing this out to us, With kind regards, Mark Veldhuysen The M.C. Escher Company B.V. Tel. 00-31-(0)35-541.80.41 Fax. 00-31-(0)35-541.17.66 www.mcescher.com ----- So at least one of the "big dogs" are on the case. :)

Barbequed Pixels?

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 16 August 2004 at 8:14 PM
Forum Moderator

Pauljs75: Well, thanks for the heads-up. That site has a message saying all Escher's stuff has been removed by request. Thinking about it, as I've done more than one Escher pic in Bryce, I could be in trouble here. What do you guys think? God knows I'm only doing it for fun. But I'm not the only one who's tried to do his work in 3d. ..sigh...:-(

Zhann ( ) posted Mon, 16 August 2004 at 9:52 PM

But you're doing your version of Escher's stuff, they were actually selling 'snagged' Escher artworks...

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 8:25 AM
Forum Moderator

Zhann: Fair comment. I've e-mailed them to hopefully shortcircuit any trouble I may be looking at. No reply yet though. But just out of curiousity, I'm wondering how many peps here have become interested in MCEscher since starting to do 3D in Bryce or whatever? If anything, I'm promoting Escher's work.

Rochr ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 9:27 AM

If copying a concept would be a crime, 95% of the graphics/artists community would be in trouble. :) I dont think you have anything to worry about Bryster.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

pauljs75 ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 12:38 PM

True... It's one thing to study a master's work, tell people that it's a copy (and copy via means which aren't a direct reproduction), state the original source(s), and only do it for learning/enjoyment, and it's another thing when taking a direct copy/reproduction to sell for personal gain. There's a certain balance, but some people go over the edge. (That Greywolf guy was one of them.)

Barbequed Pixels?

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 2:34 PM
Forum Moderator

Thanks very much for the support, Guys! I appreciate it!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.