Wed, Sep 25, 5:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 1:55 am)

Subject: Classic Pinups Contest Ended...Now Voting

Armorbeast ( ) posted Sun, 01 August 2004 at 10:13 AM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 5:22 AM

A quick update to let you know whats going on...I chose two judges from other art sites that only do 2d art but both are about to enter into 3d and love your works.One came on at 2AM to begin voting and the other at 8AM...for the past two hours now the votes have been tied time and again because the art in this contest is just so good and hard to judge.While they were at it I went back to make a few final comments on images that I was only made aware weren't included in the lists I posted but all the images to my knowledge were in the folder I sent to both judges...the first of which came to rosity and did her own search and found the rosity search engine to be as big a pain as I did lol~but she found all the ones I gave her to review listed in search and no more. Still there is a chance someone was missed as the title sometimes included hyphens,was spelled pinups & pin ups and even upper case/lower case seemed to cause problems in search. We hope to have winners this afternoon and will post them here...but for anyone contemplating a contest in the gallerys remember,use only a one word title for search and specify exactly how it should be spelled:)

If the end goal of learning is genius...why are most geniuses failures at learning?

genny ( ) posted Sun, 01 August 2004 at 11:00 AM

Boy, you guys are Fast....I can't imagine how you can decide on a winner in the first place....but by this afternoon....WOW! It's been fun and hope you decide to do something like this again soon......and...yes.........using only one word for the title would be nice.(:

Armorbeast ( ) posted Sun, 01 August 2004 at 11:56 AM

Well we've narrowed it down to about ten so far...and thats considering that every entry has been picked apart one by one.The people I chose are doing extremely well as they are actually arguing the merits of each image and I haven't been able to tie break because when I'm asked there's always two tied in the top three lol.I knew getting these two to be judges was a good idea as they have taken it very seriously.We've had seven different images in at #1 and god knows how many in the other two before I stepped in to nail down the top ten from the ones they selected most often for the top spots lol. So rest assured...this one will truly be a fairly decide contest:)

If the end goal of learning is genius...why are most geniuses failures at learning?

meselfr ( ) posted Sun, 01 August 2004 at 2:21 PM

:) Thanks to Armorbeast for a wonderful contest, this one was fun. Unfortunately for those that entered and those that are judging, there were a lot (and I mean A LOT) of very good entries...

Armorbeast ( ) posted Sun, 01 August 2004 at 4:13 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=1868025

Ok...the judging is over and we have 3 winners and we will have 4 honorary mentions.The reason for the honorary mentions is that one of my judges has been at this for over 12 solid hours (up since 7 yesterday morning all tolled she's been up 32 hours)...the judges just got to a point where they could not get beyond a certain group and since one is dead on her feet with work tomorrow morning,we are very grateful that Pandygirl offered the honorary mentions prizes:)

The judges wish to say that this was one of the hardest things they've ever had to do and having been here with them during the whole thing,I can tell you they discussed every image in detail and that every image was treated with the utmost respect.The only easy part was that they could eliminate two out of three images per artist and even that was difficult lol.I would also hope that future contests could be judged like this,some last for weeks or days becasue people either can't give them their time or as in a certain contest on another site (where the judging has lasted over two weeks now),they may not be giving it any more thought than a few minutes a day.

To my judges I say thanks for you diligence and to the people who participated I say than you ever so much for your support as you really made it tough on us:)

Our top winner is by yulia
http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=722659&Start=1&Sectionid=0

2nd Place goes to Creations
http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=721176&Start=1&Sectionid=0

3rd Place goes to soulhuntre
http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=729028&Start=1&Sectionid=0

We have 4 honorable mentions because deciding this was so tough and Pandygirl generally offered either Menia or Miss M from her store to these wonderful people so my friend and judge could live with her decision and get some much needed sleep lol:)

Grey_cat
http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=707604&Start=1&Sectionid=0

Avalonne
http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=725981&Start=1&Sectionid=0

cliff_dweller
http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=728159&Start=1&Sectionid=0

meselfr
http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=720999&Start=1&Sectionid=0

But thats not all,everyone who entered gets a prize for participating and Chrislenn will be on later to dedicate an image to all the participants along with details of what everyone will recieve~I thank her for her gracious contribution to this undertaking.

Will be back in later but hope we can do this again sometime...I think I learned how to make this run more smoothly now and hopefully we'll have a screensaver for you soon with all the entrys:)

Thanks again...was a magnificent turn out,spectacular artwork from each and every participant...and the sponsors are some of the most generous people I've had the pleasure of knowing for quite a while now:)

Armorbeast ( ) posted Sun, 01 August 2004 at 4:25 PM

Also,Pandygirl is about to launch two new characters so she asked me to inform the winners and to offer the top three the option.To yulia,you now have the choice of Miss M and another store item or her soon to be released Abigail or Contessa in liew of the store item.To Creations and soulhuntre you may have the store item or Contessa:)

http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=703944 - a Contessa pic

http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=729942 - an Abigail pic

FlyByNight ( ) posted Sun, 01 August 2004 at 6:02 PM

So sorry I missed this contest! Sure have missed being online as well. Hey AB!!!

FlyByNight

Armorbeast ( ) posted Sun, 01 August 2004 at 7:50 PM

Hey girl...thats ok,we had a hard enough time here choosing winners so just consider being offline helping us out lol:)Now to see who else I can get in here who entered~seems everyone is a winner and we just need to see some hands raised or else we'll have to go knocking door to door:) Again...thanks guys...everyone of you did a great job and most appreciated:)

genny ( ) posted Sun, 01 August 2004 at 7:58 PM

Congrats to all the winners and thanks to the judges for donating their time to choose the winners. This was great fun and hope you all do it again sometime.(:

chrislenn ( ) posted Sun, 01 August 2004 at 8:13 PM

Thank goodness I wasn't a judge in this comp :o) I didn't see all the images but all I saw I thought were winners so would have hated to choose between them. This is one of the reasons all who entered receive a prize or gift what ever you like to call it lol . Stay tuned Midnight (rosity time) your gift will be revealed in the poser gallery ;o) Chris :o)

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Pee on it and walk away

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Sun, 01 August 2004 at 8:17 PM

ooooh, thank you so much for including me on the list of winners!! I'm soooo surprised and thrilled to be among the finalists, believe me. There were so many wonderful entries!! There must have been some sort of mistake to include me!! LOL thanks to Armorbeast for the HUGE job of organizing the contest and to the judges for all of their work making the selections. And to the generous sponsors for all of the wonderful prizes they've contributed!! bye for now, jen

Check out my full gallery at Cliff-Dweller Artworks

Blazerwiccan ( ) posted Sun, 01 August 2004 at 8:31 PM

Wow congrats to all the winners! This was a great contest and was full of many beautiful entries. I would have hated to be a judge that is for sure. Many thanks to Armorbeast for putting this together, the sponsors for all they gave to this and chrislenn for makeing sure everyone gets something. Looking forward to the next contest.

PandyGirl ( ) posted Sun, 01 August 2004 at 9:50 PM

Well congrats to all the winners.. and to everyone.. from all the images I saw.. I am really glad I didn't have to judge.. I think I would be bald by now!! You all did FANTASTIC!!!

shamanka ( ) posted Sun, 01 August 2004 at 10:21 PM

Congrats to the winners! Thanks for holding the contest!

My Store My Free Stuff My Site

neven ( ) posted Sun, 01 August 2004 at 10:56 PM

OMG! My internet connection has been down all day and I am just now finding out that I had the honor of winning this contest... This really means a lot to me--so much so that I am, for the first time in my life, at a loss as to how to express it. I am very greatful to the contest sponsors and to all vendors who offered their wonderful products as prizes; to the judges whose task was made very difficult by the quality of the art entered into this contest; to everyone who took the time to comment on my images and encourage me to go on; and last but not least, to Mr. Kozaburo whose wonderful work is so generosly made available to all of us. It was great fun to participate and--I won't lie--to win. I will quit my rambling now and take the time to assimilate the news instead, I think.:) Once again, my huge thanks to everyone who has made this possible. Happy rendering to all!

romanceworks ( ) posted Sun, 01 August 2004 at 11:45 PM

Congrats to all the winners. We enjoyed participating and viewing all the super entries. Thanks for all your efforts on this one. :o) Carol & LJ

BonBonish ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2004 at 1:14 AM

Thank you for this fun contest... and congrats for all the participants :)...

Elsina ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2004 at 1:28 AM

Thank you!!! Congrats to the other winners!

My gallery @ Renderosity

Avalonne ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2004 at 4:19 AM

I am so deeply thrilled and honored to have been given an honorary mention....This is so exciting!!!! I never expected to win...I just had too much fun with the whole contest. My biggest congratulations to the top three, as well as the other honoraries...and to all who entered the contest...you are all winners in my book :-) So please let me say THANK YOU!!!!!!! (Doing a major happy dance here...hehehe)

Foxseelady ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2004 at 4:26 AM

Congradulations to all the winners. I enjoyed this contest immensly and really enjoyed the pictures alot as well. It's been alot of fun ;) It's especially been nice to show off and view some wonderful works with Kozaburo's fabulous hair!!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2004 at 4:50 AM

Congratulations to the winners! What a LOT of pretty pictures! I'm glad I didn't have to choose among them!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

chrislenn ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2004 at 5:12 AM · edited Mon, 02 August 2004 at 5:13 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=730703&Start=1&Artist=chrislenn&ByArtist=Yes

Here is the link for those who wish to view the gift without having to go through the poser gallery to find Chris :o) edited because I can't spell lol

Message edited on: 08/02/2004 05:13

Pee on it and walk away

rockets ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2004 at 5:42 AM

Congratulations to all the winners. What a great tribute to the talented and generous Kozaburo!

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

angellella ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2004 at 9:52 AM

Congrats to all the winners!!!

DrMercury ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2004 at 12:33 PM

Thansk for taking the time to do this, and for judging! I am sure I would not have been able to do that! I know I enjoyed doing my image!

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 2:39 PM · edited Tue, 03 August 2004 at 2:40 PM

I had lots of fun doing the images for this contest, thanks you Armorbeast for making it happen. 8)

Message edited on: 08/03/2004 14:40

Armorbeast ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 10:45 AM

Well I do hope that not only the winners are happy but that everyone got with Chrislenn for the freebie participation gift...she does magnificent work and I know you'll enjoy the gift she's offering:)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 11:06 AM

Uhm.. are we all supposed to get something? Sounds cool, only I haven't got anything...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

shamanka ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 11:13 AM

The way I understood it was that Armorbeast was going to take care of distribution. scratches head

My Store My Free Stuff My Site

Avalonne ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 11:32 AM

Oh dear, that's what I thought, too....so we need to contact Chrislenn individually?

chrislenn ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 4:54 PM

Sorry folks there has been a bit of miss communication Armorbeast thought I was disrtibuting I thought he was but he has the url and all your names and should be contacting you shortly Again Sorry for the delay now am going to have my coffee and wake up mornings hate me Chris :o)

Pee on it and walk away

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.