Mon, Sep 9, 4:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Rendering

hasseh ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2004 at 1:03 AM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 7:59 PM

Is it possible to render a Poser file in any other program, and if so, which is the best one?

Message edited on: 08/06/2004 01:04

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2004 at 1:31 AM

Yes, and depends. :0) Any program that can import .obj files can be used to render Poser 'objects' with some manual setup of textures. There are many which can import Poser files directly, such as LightWave, C4D, Maya, 3DSMax, Vue, Shade (soon), etc. But they mostly depend on plugins to do this. The real question is this: How much do you have to spend on another 3D program? 3DSMax runs about $3500 (not including the slimly priced plugin for $179). Maya Complete is $2000 (plugin is $299). LightWave is ~$1600 (don't know if the free CL plugin works in LW8). Cinema4D varies depending on the modules ($595 to $2595). The free CL plugin can be made to work (via a slight hack). Vue ($199) has built-in Poser file importation. Shade will also.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2004 at 1:32 AM

Vue 5 will not only take the characters and their materials, but do animations.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2004 at 2:44 AM

Vue 5 will not only take the characters and their >materials, but do animations. as will the forthcoming Shade :)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

fls13 ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2004 at 9:31 AM

Blender can do it and it it's free.

stewer ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2004 at 11:04 AM

Attached Link: Rendering Poser scenes in RenderMan compatible renderers

It'd help a lot if you tell us why you want to render in a different program and what features you would want in it.

hasseh ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2004 at 11:27 AM

Stewer>> the cause is trying to get better finish result on my image

stewer ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2004 at 3:36 PM · edited Fri, 06 August 2004 at 3:37 PM

What does "better" mean for you? Faster, better post effects, custom shading, GI, ink n paint? - Or, the other way round - what is it about Poser that doesn't satisfy you?

Message edited on: 08/06/2004 15:37

hasseh ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 12:05 AM

Stewer>> First of all I will say that Im an real amateur on Poser so maybe i cant handel all but with your great firefly tutorials I have tryed to get better renderings. I can give you an exampel for one thing Im not satisfyed with. When I looking at images of cars rendered in other programs all crome-effects are great, the same obj renderd in Poser looks moore "white" I have tryed to manage that whitout any good result.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 12:30 AM

the firefly render will handle the reflections of the cars beutifully if it of course has the materials set up properly :)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

hasseh ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 12:57 AM

Can you give me some hits how i should set it up for great crome-effects?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.