Thu, Sep 5, 8:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Meet your next freebie

draculaz ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 1:15 AM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 1:59 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=734593&Start=1&Artist=draculaz&ByArtist=Yes

file_120889.jpg

I still have to name him, but the first render is out and I'd like to hear your comments and suggestions (freebie info at the link) :)

TwistedBolt ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 1:29 AM

I couldnt find the freebie. cool as hell though, how big file wise?

I eat babies.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 1:29 AM

Is he 3 law compliant?

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

draculaz ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 1:38 AM

bolt: it will be about 5 megs zipped, unfortunately. and he's not yet done :) AS: you watched it too? That was my inspiration :D drac

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 2:00 AM

No, actually haven't yet, I've just been bombarded with commercials for it.

tjohn ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 2:38 AM

How about the I-6 Robot(Isaac's Robot) in honor of Isaac Asimov, the author of "I, Robot"?

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Mahray ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 2:39 AM

"Watched it too"??? What about read the books!! (Pet Peeve) Otherwise a darn nifty little critter

Come visit us at RenderGods.

Ignore the shooty dog thing.

waldomac ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 8:03 AM

Love the robot. How did you do the floor? I really like it. I tried to do something like this for a hangar floor, and I didn't have much success. Would you consider a tutorial?

draculaz ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 8:12 AM

waldomac, the whole SCENE is a freebie. check my freebies.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 9:12 AM
Forum Moderator

This had Apple/Mac overtones...mmmmm scary! Brilliant work though. I read the books about 35 years ago... Can't wait for the movie... How about AZZI for a name - as in Asimov?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

foleypro ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 10:04 AM

"I read the books about 35 years ago" Dateing yourself You are.... I sadly have never read the Book/s of his and If I did it was in a state I cant remmeber...I am waiting on the movie to go dvd,And I like the Robot Drac....

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 10:25 AM

Great freebie Drac!! Thanks. As for I Robot. I never read fiction and am waiting for the movie.

Colette1 ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 12:21 PM

Can't find it in the freebies! The only freebie showing is your Bryce SHowcase scene. This is a great robot! I read the books at least 25 years ago and with the movie out am looking in the library for the book to read again!

tjohn ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 1:22 PM

Haven't seen the movie, but I understand that it bears little resemblance to anything from the book other than the title I, Robot and the 3 laws. Harlan Ellison wrote a script for I, Robot years ago that got critical acclaim, but never got made. Another missed opportunity in Hollywood. People making SF movies without a love for SF sometimes = garbage. I won't be totally unfair, the movie may very well be great, but it won't be Asimov's story. Ray Bradbury's "Sound of Thunder" is getting made as a movie. After reading an interview with the director, it doesn't seem like much of the story is going to survive intact there either. Of course, it is a very short story, so it needs a lot of padding for a movie.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 7:29 PM

Yeah, drac you say check your freebies, but there is no robot at Rendo or your own site for download. Not that I can spot anywhere, anyway. I'm usually blonde not blind. ;o) AS

Colette1 ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 8:26 PM ยท edited Sat, 07 August 2004 at 8:27 PM

I looked at your site also.....nada!

Message edited on: 08/07/2004 20:27

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 9:24 PM

It just got approved, and is now in Freestuff! AS

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.