Sun, Sep 22, 12:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: a slapstick?

Lunaseas ( ) posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 10:52 PM · edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 11:05 PM

I'm looking for one of the sticks a joker holds...a slapstick. I'd prefer if it was free but may consider buying one. Please help!

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 12:12 AM

I think I know what you're talking about...A stick with bells and goofy tassle things on it? I might be able to model one for you (for free) if you can describe it in more detail, or provide a pic. :) I've seen as many different versions as jokers/jesters, so I'd need a little more detail.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 2:05 AM

Like a bladder on a stick? Gonna make a new english court jester?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Lunaseas ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 7:27 AM

file_121451.jpg

Snow, that's right...I have leeway in what it looks like, but I really need within the next few days...will that be o.k.?

Lunaseas ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 7:28 AM

file_121452.jpg

ps. doesn't have to be as fancy as the top ones:)

cooler ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 8:07 AM

file_121453.jpg

Since time seems to be of the essence I hope no one minds me jumping in here. Besides it gave me a chance to recycle part of an old project (the head is from a jack-in-the-box I modelled about 6 months ago :-) (218K pp2 format template included)

Lunaseas ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 1:53 PM

perfect!!!!!thanks so much!!!

cedarwolf ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 3:57 PM

Ok, a slapstick is two flat paddles, one larger than the other, with the smaller paddle hinged so that it slaps against the larger when someone is struck with it. This goes back to the old Punch and Judy shows (and earlier) where there needed to be a sound effect to show that someone had been struck, and the louder the better. You can still find slapsticks in music stores and in online music catalogs. (This proves, once and for all, a misspent youth with too much free time and an Oxford dictionary...)

Lunaseas ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 8:00 PM

yep you are right, but the jester stick(or whatever it's called) is what I was looking for:)

cooler ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 8:32 PM

for the sake of terminology my original working title for the model was "JesterScepter" :-) and Lunaseas by the time you read this the files should be in your mailbox... enjoy.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.