Thu, Sep 5, 8:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: NV >>>wip

xenic101 ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 1:10 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 3:15 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_121484.jpg

With such a simple subject you'd think it'd be easy.

Which image cropping do you like better?

Can you tell that's a sparkly magic thing in the background of picture A? Do you care?

How about the gemstone? How can I make it look better?

Thanks for your input.

ps. I'm also working on a picture featuring, are you ready for this, a fully clothed Vickie!

draculaz ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 1:16 AM

that's a sparkly magic thing? looks more like a bad snow texture :P kidding, think i like B better, although the chain in A is much better. the gemstone needs to have better reflection and specularity. and i would hope for vicky to be clothed. baaaad faces :P

xenic101 ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 1:27 AM

Actually started this picture for the necklace. Drac - what about the necklace in A do you like? The chain itself is the same, in A the material is Polished Gold, in B it's Brushed Gold. The link was shrunk and repositioned for B. The stone itself was resized and squashed flat. The texture for the stone is a freebie from darlisa Fignations of Imaginment http://www.fignations.com/ Jelisa's Place http://users.ev1.net/~riggsd/index.html Can't fiddle with it right now, Bryce is rendering that other pic.

Kemal ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 1:32 AM

Fully clothed Vickie ??? Now, i'm impressed, lol. Gemstone is better(size wise) on the first image, no, thingie in the background does not like like sparkly magic to me, crop on the first one is somewhat better... To improve gemstone, total inner reflection should be on, always gives me better results with glass. More dramatic light would help too :) My opinion, for what is worth, lol !

draculaz ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 1:52 AM

xenic, i like the fact that the detail is equally in the stone and in the chain, whereas in the second one there's too many points of attention

vasquez ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 2:17 AM

I also like more B even if the material of the chain, and the size of the stone are better in A. do not make dressed vickies! it's not allowed in the TOS of renderosity... :p

xenic101 ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 2:23 AM

file_121485.jpg

Not what I was thinking, But Drac has a good point about the necklace. TIR?!? Got Bryce5 about a month ago, never checked out the new from 4 features. But setting TIR on sure the heck makes a difference.

xenic101 ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 2:25 AM

file_121486.jpg

HEY! This robot isn't UV mapped to take V3 textures!

Kemal ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 2:30 AM

Yep, I use TIR (usually set on 12 or more) every time i render glass objects, which turned to disaster when I rendered my Chess image (129 glass objects), I turned on everything : soft shadows, tir on 24, and ray depth on 20, it rendered for more then 15 days, so be careful with Bryce 5, lol, new options are cool but sometimes time demanding (usualy TIR itself is not that bad) !!! :)

Kemal ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 2:32 AM

Damn, that was funny, lol, i did not see that image b4, i'm not sure how Drac is gonna react when he sees it !!! :)

draculaz ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 2:53 AM

badly...? =) wait, that's me. YOU'RE PERVERTING ROBBY!!!!

pauljs75 ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 3:48 AM

Hey cool! LOL @ texture on Drac's bot! Also it's great to see two of my freebies used by people other than myself in the same week. (I've seen downloads, but no sign of where they went.) Looks good as posted in #7 & #8. Didn't know that my chain link attached to a crystal had to power to corrupt Drac's creations. LOL! (Or maybe it's just the Vicky?)

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 8:53 AM
Forum Moderator

#8 looks like NVWANR.........LOL!!!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

waldomac ( ) posted Wed, 11 August 2004 at 8:06 AM

Draculaz: I think she's got Robby's number. Cute code, that.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.