Wed, Sep 25, 1:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 11:25 pm)

Subject: Ultra-realistic face/body Textures *HELP*

Stormi ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2000 at 12:08 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 11:25 PM

I've been trying to learn how to create Realistic face/body textures and I need a little help. Okay, I need a lot of help. =) I use Photoshop 6.0 (LOVE IT) ... Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you in advance! Stormi

"The best and most beautiful thing in life cannot be seen, not touched, but are felt in the heart."

• Helen Keller

visualkinetics ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2000 at 12:30 PM

Hey Stormi, That's the ticket!!! Photoshop is what I use for making textures too (since I can't afford a copy of Deep Paint 3D & Texture Tools). You'll be amazed just how much Photoshop alone can do. What I often do is put a layer of the template on top of what I'm trying to texture then either adjust the opacity or delete all the white parts of the template so I just get the lines. I then go through a series of trial and error texturing where I put the texture along with the template and render it onto the model so I see exactly where the grid falls. Then it's all about your normal Photoshop skills... the key is masking layers and gaussian blurs. I'll try to put a tutorial together if anyone's interested. Good luck. If you have any specific questions, please let me know. visualkinetics

JeffH ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2000 at 1:17 PM

Attached Link: http://poseworks.8m.com/tu-tmskguide.html

http://poseworks.8m.com/tu-tmskguide.html I don't know if this tutorial will be any help, but it looks useful. -JH.

dlfurman ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2000 at 2:54 PM

That tutorial sounds nice!

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

dcrich ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2000 at 5:01 PM

Attached Link: http://www.brycetech.com/stufftodelete/we3.jpg

in about 4 days (hopefully) there will be around 40 textures available for download (transmaps, bumpmaps and specularity only) that will make poser models look human. tho the tutorial will be mainly for Bryce users, those who are good with poser can use the maps just as they would any other map. Its an attempt to bring poser alive and not look so "plastic" soon BT

Crescent ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2000 at 8:32 PM

One thing you can do is to scan a picture in, putting it in as a second layer in Photoshop and stretch it around so it fits the basic template in the eyes, nose, and mouth areas. (Keep the opacity around 50-60% so you can see underneath.) The sides won't match, so use the smudge function to spread the color out to the sides. You can find some decent pictures on site for body builders, actors, and models.

dcrich ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2000 at 9:24 PM

Attached Link: http://www.brycetech.com/stufftodelete/sidebyside1.jpg

yes it is a step-by-step tutorial with how to apply the ones there for free as well as how to make your own. Im flashing the potentially difficult parts so one can watch it happen as well as just read it. its currently being "beta" tested by four volunteers and the results and feedback are very good, so I feel good about making this available soon. btw, its all free...(and Ive spent nearly 1 month making this) debbie wanted everything at Brycetech to stay free, and as long as I am there, it will remain so...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.