Tue, Oct 22, 6:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: In Search of Whiskey :)

Kendra ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 2:17 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:24 AM

Hey all, I'm looking for a Glenlivet Whiskey bottle. A few years ago, I believe it was that far back, I had found one but I can't remember where I found it. I've searched the free stuff here, 3D Commune, Geralday's site (he has glassware if anyone needs it) and 3D cafe. I remember it was basic as I had to texture it myself but if anyone knows of one I'd appreciate a heads up.

Thanks. :)

Kendra

...... Kendra

Aeneas ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 5:27 PM

Glenlivet is whisky. Single Malt from Speyside to be more precise. Glenlivet was the first distillery to get an authorisation from English authorities. Whiskey is Irish. If I get hold of the labels, I'll model one. If you have a bit of time that is.

I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now I'll be mad. (Rumi)

Kendra ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 8:53 PM

I'm always mixing up the spelling. :) I have labels, I always keep at least one 12 and 18 year old around at all times. I just can't get the shape right in Rhino, if you're interested in modeling one I'll texture it. :)

...... Kendra

Dizzie ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 11:50 PM

file_121625.png

I have a Jack Daniels Bottle...you could change the label....

Dizzie ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 11:52 PM

Attached Link: http://trekkiegrrrl.dk/prp1.htm

file_121626.png

Trekkie has a wine bottle...

Kendra ( ) posted Wed, 11 August 2004 at 12:38 AM

Hi Dizzie, I found those last night as I was searching and did grab your JD for future stuff :) Unfortunately it's the wrong shape for Glenlivet. I thought about the wine bottle, it's close but still not correct enough to pass if it's in the foreground. Thank you though. :)

I've given up searching and have gone back to attempt it in Rhino. If I get it right I'll be sure to post it in Freestuff.

Thanks again,
Kendra

...... Kendra

Aeneas ( ) posted Wed, 11 August 2004 at 2:04 AM

file_121627.png

sent you a pm I modeled it and tied out Poser size. As large as a Vicky, but you can cope with that. One thing though: when I rendered it in Poser5 (default berrbottle material, not really glass), I noticed that it became a bellybottle. When I put smooth polygons off, it rendered ok. In case this is a problem, I'll add more polys in the main verical part of it.

I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now I'll be mad. (Rumi)

Dizzie ( ) posted Wed, 11 August 2004 at 6:19 AM

WOW, that looks great!

Kendra ( ) posted Wed, 11 August 2004 at 11:00 AM

Got your IM. Thanks a bunch, much better than what I was coming up with, the bottoms of mine were too tapered. :) If you don't mind if I play with it I'll UV map it and try to separate out a label material zone so both texture map and P5 materials can be used on it. :)

...... Kendra

ImagineThat ( ) posted Wed, 11 August 2004 at 4:29 PM

Dizzie those JD bottles look awesome. Is there anywhere to download them?

Kendra ( ) posted Wed, 11 August 2004 at 6:37 PM

file_121628.png

Progress so far. :) I made a rocks glass complete with whisky (although technically it's too big) and all I have to do now is get home to finish off the label. The label is a separate material so the template will allow creating a new one. I'll do up a Glenlivet and another fake one for variety and use. I'll put it in freestuff when it's done.

Thanks again Aeneas. :)

...... Kendra

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.