Fri, Sep 20, 3:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:20 pm)

Subject: Middle Aged Textures

AGENTJOHN ( ) posted Thu, 12 August 2004 at 3:36 AM · edited Fri, 09 August 2024 at 2:15 AM

Would anyone be kind enough point me in the direction of a high res texture for a middle aged man and woman? John

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 12 August 2004 at 3:43 AM

For which character? I know of some for Mike 3, The Elderlies at Daz and Adrian M3 has a great overlay that makes him older, from RDNA. RDNA also has Merlin for M2, that's a great texture as well. I have one of Spectre3's textures for V2 called Helga, not sure if it's high rez enough (it's been some time since I used it) but at least Spectre3's textures are wonderfully cheap (And great too) I have seen a great looking old lady too from Zeta studios I think - but that's pricey. Outstanding quality though, from the look of it.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

AGENTJOHN ( ) posted Thu, 12 August 2004 at 3:54 AM

rubs eyes Ooops, been a long night, tired this morning :( Its for preferably v3 and m2, although if the textures are good enough for v2 ill run the texture convertor over them. John

AGENTJOHN ( ) posted Thu, 12 August 2004 at 4:10 AM

big hugs the Morgana texture is exactly what im looking for for a female, thank you very much! John

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 12 August 2004 at 4:12 AM

Glad I could help :o) I wish I could justify paying that price for a texture myself. It really looks awesome (all the zeta studio textures does)

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 12 August 2004 at 8:17 AM

There really aren't many good middle-aged textures. Lots of young, some old, but a big gap in middle-age. I want an older-looking but attractive texture. One I could put on a model of my mom, say, without her being insulted. ;-)

Usually what I do is make by own texture in Photoshop, by layering an "old" texture over a young one, and adjusting the transparency until I get what I want. I think that's how the RDNA "aging" kits work.

AGENTJOHN ( ) posted Thu, 12 August 2004 at 9:10 AM

Yes, this is my problem, plenty of flawless models, nubile girls, musclebound heros... But there seems to be a distinct lack of anyone who is middle aged. :( John

SeanMartin ( ) posted Thu, 12 August 2004 at 10:11 AM

Hunt around for a male texture called Mario and another called Leonardo. I'm drawing a blank on who made them, but Mario in particular has that middle-aged look.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Thu, 12 August 2004 at 10:20 AM

One of the Anton Makeup sets for V3 (at DAZ) has "Elegantly Aged," which would seem to fit the bill.

AGENTJOHN ( ) posted Thu, 12 August 2004 at 10:22 AM

Yes, funnily enough, that was the texture that got me started, unfortunately i couldnt find a good matching body texture and combined with a younger body texture it seemed mis-matched to me :) John

martial ( ) posted Thu, 12 August 2004 at 6:18 PM

file_122053.JPG

I have bought Trudy and Rudy from market place.I don 't remenber now the author.But here a sample fom one of pictures did with this map for v3

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 12 August 2004 at 6:25 PM

I have Trudy and Rudy on my wishlist at PoserPros. They are on sale now, so maybe I'll get them.

But they are somewhat older than I'm looking for. There are old textures out there. I've got the Grannies, and the Elderlies. But what I'm looking for is middle-aged. Maybe 30-50 years old. The textures out there seem to be either 20 or 60. We've got the Maiden and the Crone, but where's the Mother?

AGENTJOHN ( ) posted Fri, 13 August 2004 at 3:28 AM

My thoughts exactly, although Zeta Studios Morgana is great, there needs to be more high resolution "middle aged" textures out there, i hope someone out there is listening! John

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 13 August 2004 at 6:06 AM

For one project, I needed a texture for a "clone" of George W. Bush. Eventually, I mixed my own using overlays, but it still didn't really look right. He's too old to wear a 20-something texture, not old enough to wear, say, The Elderlies. His eyebrows aren't white, they're a mix of brown and white. He's got wrinkles around his eyes and on his forehead, but the lower part of his face is still relatively smooth. He doesn't have jowls or those vertical grooves on his upper lip that most older textures have.

I dunno - so many textures seem to equate "older" with "ugly." I want attractive older textures. Something Meryl Streep or Harrison Ford would wear.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 13 August 2004 at 6:13 AM

But what I'm looking for is middle-aged. Maybe 30-50 years old. OUCH! I've never thought of myself as middle aged :o( Being close to 39... I agree with you on the attractive textures. Old does NOT equal ugly IRL. When/if you find some good middle aged textures, let me know :o) mumbles something about middle aged being 50-60 and definately NOT around 40 ;o)

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 13 August 2004 at 8:10 AM

LOL! Actually, I read somewhere the insurance companies consider "middle age" to be 25-50. Though maybe that's changed, now many people live to be older than 75.

I'm "middled aged" myself. And I'm sure you look quite young. It's sun exposure that ages skin, and Europeans tend to get less sun than we Americans. I'm always surprised at how young British people look for their ages. Probably because they hardly ever see the sun. ;-)

OTOH, Australians tend to look older for their ages than Americans do. Probably because it's awfully sunny down there.

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Fri, 13 August 2004 at 9:33 AM

file_122054.JPG

George Deep (3Deep) did a wonderful middle aged texture for Mike way back in 2001, as you can see from the image above, but the contact info I have is outdated and he evidently no longer has his store at BBay. If anyone knows how to contact him, it's possible you might be able to get hold of the texture. The head/face was a for sale item but the body map was a freebie (alas, distribution is not allowed according to the readme). Kate

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 13 August 2004 at 11:15 AM

Not bad! It looks kind of like Ricardo Montalban. All he needs is a white suit. (Welcome to Fantasy Island...)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.