Wed, Oct 2, 10:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Tiling problem in P5

LanceB ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 12:04 PM ยท edited Sat, 17 August 2024 at 9:35 PM

file_122571.JPG

I am having a problem tiling in P5. See the attached render. I am trying to get a smaller tiled pattern for the swimsuit. I guess I don't understand the material room very well. What am I doing wrong? The settings I am using don't change the render although it does change the pattern under the gradient bump. Lance

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 12:17 PM

Have you rendered it? IME, you see scale=1 in the main preview window - until you render.

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 12:22 PM

You wont see a difference in the Poser Document window. You'll only be able to view the effect by rendering the scene. Your Material Room setting look correct. Try doing a full render and post the result.

Good looking swim suit, did you make it?

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

LanceB ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 1:18 PM

file_122573.JPG

Thanks for your help Phil, I own lots of your products. Swimsuit is by Insomniaworks. Texture by Betsy Ross. I thought I might make up a bunch of flag suits for the Olympics, too much work to sell them though. Duh......I never thought that the problem would be rendering with the P4 render engine rather than the Firefly renderer. Look at the same suit done with each engine. Lance

LanceB ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 1:19 PM

file_122574.JPG

P4 render of swimsuit

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 2:57 PM

The textures shouldn`t look so different in firefly and the p4 renderer surely?

softriver ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 3:23 PM

Of course they should. Firefly uses the materials nodes, which will allow for tons of tweaking. The P4 render just applies a map. ;)

Roy G ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 9:27 PM

The problem is with the Star Texture not being "Seamless". You can clearly see where each tile ends and the next begins. Adjust the boarders of the texture so they are even around the star field. Or try making a single star on a blue bakground, and tile the heck out of it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.