Tue, Oct 22, 4:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: New Resource! Downloads, Tutorials, Free File Hosting and more!

Laver2k ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 3:03 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:58 AM

Attached Link: http://www.lavers-place.com

file_123145.jpg

As my last site has died and my freebies had gone out of action, I decided to make a new, bigger and better site.

The one main feature I believe will be of interest is my offer to host peoples freebies for them free of charge.

People can freely upload their files by FTP and once the file has been verified it will be hosted with no bandwidth limit.

I like many people think that the renderosity freestuff section is great but I know that it is a pain trying to find a host for the file. This is why I have decided to offer free hosting. I hope that this offer will help start a useful archive for digital artists.

The content isnt restricted to Poser files. Any file that a digital artist may find useful will be eagerly accepted here.

However, the main problem I have is checking uploaded content for warez. I really need people with fast connections to dedicate some time if possible.

Anyway, I guess I should tell you the link now lol.
Its http://www.lavers-place.com .

The site is fairly early in development so I cant comment on stability or problems that may arrise.

Anyway, I hope this file hosting offer is of use to you.

Enjoy =).

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 4:15 PM

Wonderful site. I loved your design and navigation.

shogakusha ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 5:00 PM

Terridic that you got this up! It is a very generous offer, and I hope you the best. I may very well have use as I have been making aumber of clothing items! All the best! Shogakusha

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 8:10 PM

thanks..added to the list..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

shogakusha ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 9:48 PM

I do not want to sound ungrateful, but I was reading your terms of use. Does section 7a indicate that by uploading my files to your server I give you unlimited rights to use my models as the base for any modifications you wish to make and call them your own? I am guessing I am misreading, but I wanted to make sure. No offense please. Just asking. THanks, Shogakusha

logansfury ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 10:32 PM

Hey there :)

Looks like youve been busy!! The page looks awesome, and knowing theres another stable home for thier offerings is probably going to encourage a lot of artists to create.

Will there be a "Lost Freebies" section or something similar where the redistributable and homeless freebies from over the years can be archived? It would be so cool to be able to get stuff from both websites and artists that have passed away but that were always designated as free to pass about.

Logan

Laver2k ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 9:36 AM

Sorry thought I replied here a few days ago lol. That section of the agrrement has been deleted, to be honest I hadnt read the terms and agreements myself, was too eager to get the site up. Sorry about that, thanks for spotting this before to many people were put off my it =). As for the lost freeby thing, I have set this up > http://www.lavers-place.com/forum/index.php?c=4 . It relies on users helping out though, so I need some users first lol. Hope I have cleared things up a little, any more suggestions?

shogakusha ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 11:08 AM

Glad we could clear that up! I look forward to putting my freebies up on your site! I have had a number of folks asking for them. THanks! Shogakusha

logansfury ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 1:28 PM

"It relies on users helping out though, so I need some users first lol." OK, I was vocal enough on the planning stages so Ill go ahead and put my broadband where my tonsils are (or words to that effect) now that stuff is happening I use a good combination of local retail and network freeware viri scanners and I can volunteer time to be an upload verifier for the new archive. Do you have my email Laver or should I send a post to the forum at your site? Logan

Laver2k ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 1:54 PM

Oh thanks =). Well dont worry just yet, I may be able to do this myself cos no1 has uploaded anything yet. May take a while b4 it becomes busy, perhaps having to register at the forum puts ppl off but I need a way to trace files to a person =/. I'll IM you here if thats ok, probly easier lol. Thanks to every1 for your support and generous offers of help =).

logansfury ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 2:04 PM

no sweat you can use IM or my private email whenever things pick up at the site. the forum registration sounds like a good way to track uploads which is a necessary security feature so I wouldnt worry too much. The access to freebies should overcome any shyness about registering at forum Logan

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.