Thu, Sep 19, 11:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Uni Flow 2 - An 'Almost Made It To The Shop' Product!

Becco_UK ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 4:01 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:09 PM

file_122601.jpg

A lot of time was spent with this second version of Uni Flow - A set of Poser PP2 props depicting flowing water/gas streams. It fell at the last hurdle (testing stage) because of a couple of lines in the readme being incorrectly worded, which I accept is my fault. It is not possible to release this as a fully free item because other sites are happy to broker it. So, the first 25 Renderosity members to IM an interest in Uni Flow 2 can have a free download link. Added to the already 40 plus free ones I have given away, this I feel is an acceptable number.

PC ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 8:56 PM · edited Sat, 14 August 2004 at 8:56 PM

Thank you very much for the opportunity to get the Uni Flow 2 I am very much interested.

Message edited on: 08/14/2004 20:56

Jackson ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 9:03 PM

I PM'd you but am probably too late :(

geoegress ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 9:13 PM

message sent :) and in that other post your not the only one .

Jackson ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 9:18 PM

Hey, I wasn't too late! Thanks!!!

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 10:18 PM

I got it too! Thank you :-)

~ Meow ~

PC ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 10:22 PM

Thanks so much for your Uni Flow 2. I just got it downloaded and appreciate it very much.

masha ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 10:25 PM

Boo-hoo. I don't know how to IM. What sites could I get this from please? Thanks! Masha

masha ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 11:02 PM

My follow-up msg didn't seem to make it :(

I have since found out how to IM though I'm likely too late.

For someone to answer do they need your e-mail address?

Have been looking for something like Uni Flow for awhile. Having just gone to Becco's MP site I notice that Uni Flow (1?) has been available at his store for about a year, if only I had known. Gotta learn to DO things like search on this site.

ronstuff ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 11:18 PM

Looks cool - IM sent, but don't know how many others beat me to it ;-)

Becco_UK ( ) posted Sun, 15 August 2004 at 3:51 AM

This limited offer is now at an end. All the above 'made it' so to speak'. Thanks to everyone that either sent an IM or posted here (in some cases both!) and Best Wishes.

Becco_UK ( ) posted Sun, 15 August 2004 at 3:57 AM

masha: no email addresses are required. I already have enough emails to contend with. Check your Instant Messaging. A little IM box appears up towards the top of the screen when you have an incoming message.

masha ( ) posted Sun, 15 August 2004 at 4:42 AM

"I already have enough emails to contend with."

Good!!:) You are in demand! Thank you so much for your wonderful product. I'llhave fun trying to animate this.

Heh, I probably wouldn't have found the little IM box wittout your pointer either till it all expired or something

Cheers and much success to you.
Masha

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 16 August 2004 at 3:36 AM

Since I am obviously too late, where can I buy this? Looks cool :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 1:22 PM

Can it be animated, and where can I buy it? 8)

masha ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 6:31 PM

Sorry Catlin, haven't had a chance to play with it yet - and my present knowledge is miniscule anyway - so hoping someone else will enlighten us as to a method that might make it possible, as that is what I want to do also. According to Becco_UK the set is intended to be static representations but any future Uni Flows are planned to have a simple bone structure for posing.

If you or anyone can come up with some ways and means I'd be very interested to hear about it.:)

I don't know where it can be bought but perhaps Becco will see this and let you know.

Becco_UK ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 7:39 PM

Yes, I've seen it Masha and thank you for taking the time to mention 'any' future Uni Flow Sets. Let's do some history: The original Uni Flow was released about 12 months ago as a simple set of .OBJ files that could be imported into Poser. I had always intended to return to this product to either update it or make version 2. As an 'update' existing customers would have recieved the update automatically. I felt, and still do, that UF2 is more than an update. Even so, because customers had taken a chance with a 'new' merchant I decided to show my appreciation and provide them with the opportunity to download UF2 entirely free of charge. Uni Flow 3 will also be free for existing customers, at any site, of an earlier Uni Flow set. UF2 has an optimised mesh - less triangulation = smaller file sizes with no visible loss of detail at render time. The inclusion of up to 3 material zones for each UF2 model allows more possibilities. I personally don't like the little spheres but someone elses perception of fluid may include having a few tiny spheres doted around the main flow structure. With the revised material zones it is possible to make invisible or use different colours for the central structure, shaped droplets and the smaller spheres. A texture map for each UF2 model also allows for greater flexibility. All of the UF2 models are static props. Masha had an idea about using animated texture maps, or something like that. Poser 5 users could try a more system friendly animated displacement material. Uni Flow 3 will be the first Uni Flow set that is posable with the inclusion of a number of 'bones' (because masha says so (just teasing)). I tried a 'draft' boned one earlier today and first impressions where promising. However, I have no intentions of knocking out a quick UF3. I would sooner spend time further optimising (if possible) or developing a new mesh structure to accomodate better posing of UF3. I have an idea to try the periphial shapes as a conformer to the central structure. Really long flows could be achieved that way - I think. UF2 is presently on sale at a few other sites. All being well UF3 may return to its original home too!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.