Mon, Oct 21, 10:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Eyebrows! ARRRGH!!!

ghoyle1 ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 9:27 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:23 PM

file_123433.jpg

I'm using Vicki 2 in Poser 5, and I'm getting an odd effect on the eyebrows (see picture). Can anybody tell me how to get rid of the weird white eyebrow effect?

geep ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 9:43 PM

There is a (parameter dial) morph named "Brows Gone" ... ... set it to 1.000 Then go to the Material Room and set the brows to the same texture and color as the head. cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Byrdie ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 9:52 PM

And when you get a version you like, you might want to save it in your figure library, say as Vicky_Browfix or something so you won't have to remember to keep doing it. Load up the new figure instead and voila, a great timesaver. It also works dandy for Mike 2 as well.

ghoyle1 ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 10:11 PM

Thanks very much! I've had this problem before but couldn't remember how I solved it (the Brows Gone solution was the first thing I tried. Guy

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 11:37 PM

Brows Gone is a morph, and that is the wrong solution here. That morph can disappear when you're working on the character.

ghoyle1 ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 11:47 PM

I think it actually turned out to be the MAT file I was using. I've had this with some of the MATs originally made for V1. I tried two or three of the older MATs before I posted the message, and later on, when I tried some of the later ones, the p;roblem disappeared. Of course, I fiddled with so many material settings that I may just have stumbled on the solution by accident.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 5:56 AM

Some texture sets have eyebrow transparency maps, and they need the upper eyebrows to be present as they are in your first picture; others have the eyebrows painted on to the skin, so they need the brows to be gone. I find a setting of 0.1 is enough for me. BB > "That morph can disappear when you're working on the character." Can you elaborate further? I've never had a morph disappear before.

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 9:04 AM · edited Thu, 19 August 2004 at 9:05 AM

This problem happened months or years ago, so the details are sketchy. The best I recall is that I was using a character MAT/MOR file or a facial pose. I kept hitting that icon and losing the BrowsGone Morph. That's when the folly of using BrowsGone was explained to me. I've used countless Character Sets and textures. alll* of them used texture settings to handle brows. With that in mind, it's a mistake to immediately recommend BrowsGone to deal with eyebrows... It's a better idea to illustrate how to handle textures.

Message edited on: 08/19/2004 09:05

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.