Mon, Oct 21, 6:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: Looking for evaluators for free postproduction Poser renderer

Lunaseas ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 8:31 AM

file_123454.gif

What a cool thing!

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 8:55 AM

It looks great.

Dale B ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 9:03 AM

Oh man, this looks cool! Have to wait until my current animation render is done before I can play with it, though....

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 9:04 AM

file_123455.gif

Phantastic work Dhenton, thank you! I was able to manage this pic within 5 minutes without any problems. (Now to think what I could do with a bit more playtime *grin*)

If I could wish for something it would be the camera handling. I would like to have the possibility to rotate and pan the object freely in the screen...

Great work!

tpriest ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 9:05 AM

bookmark till I have time to get my hands on it later... Looks very cool...

Dale B ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 9:18 AM

file_123456.gif

There may be hope for the 98 crowd, btw. I just loaded Inkulator on the current system I'm on (an Athlon 700 running -98lite-), and Inkulator ran perfectly with the test cube. That being the case, the issue may be calls being made through one of the MS modules to IE (which I don't have installed), the Active Desktop (which I don't have installed; I have the 95 desktop), or some of the other goodies I left out for the sake of stability. So it =can= work on 98SE....finding the issue that causes it to bomb may be a different matter, but it will work! If you need more info on my system config, let me know.

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 9:20 AM

I just got it and I can't wait to play with it. Been looking a long time for something that'll let me do comic-style art again -- I had to switch to pixels from pencil/pen & ink because of a disability. I've tried various filters and actions to get the effect, but none look as good as these examples. Thanks!

BrokenAngel9 ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 9:31 AM

bookmark, even if wayyyyyyy late!

stewer ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 9:42 AM

This looks cool (and it even comes with source code)! Do you want to keep this as a standalone software or are the any plans of turning this into a plugin for Poser, C4D, etc?

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 9:53 AM

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 10:11 AM

Rosemaryr, your enthusiasm is noted. lol ;-)

Tools : ย 3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 10:33 AM

I got it to work in win98 SE though the only objects that I got to work with it were the sample object and a head morph target that I have. I would suggest trying to make the program more compatible with the different variations of the wavefront object files.

ookami ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 10:38 AM

Cool looking product! I'll have to try it out!

Greebo ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 10:47 AM

DrunkMonkey ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 10:51 AM

This looks SO COOL! I've been planning on doing a comic and hadn't decided whether to render it as toon, sketch, or what. If it can be figured out how to get it working right on Win98SE it looks like this will be what I use! Thanks!

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 11:05 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

I was able to bring an obj in and got a nice render without crashing. Poser Pro. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 11:07 AM

Would have shown the render but even though it's a jpg at well under 200kb it will not come in. Marque

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 11:40 AM

file_123457.gif

Not bad. Not bad at all.

And I too would like to see an animation option. ScottA should love this.

slinger ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 11:44 AM

file_123458.gif

WinXP Pro - Athlon 1.2GHz - 768Mb RAM

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

Theresa ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 11:53 AM

Traveler ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 11:56 AM

file_123460.gif

WinXP Athlon 2G 1G Ram Works perfectly for me. Color me impressed!

Traveler ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 12:01 PM

Oh, and PhotoshopCS opened the .ai flawlessly, even gave me options for setting the scale. Very slick!

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 12:03 PM

What a great asset to the Poserworld that will be!

dlk30341 ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 12:04 PM

Can't wait to get home & give this a whirl...totally cool!

Staby ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 12:15 PM

Looks great! Will check it later this evening. Bookmark

stemardue ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 12:25 PM

file_123462.gif

It definitely works in w98... here's a first test result with The Freak (hi poly model) I have an Intel p4 2.4Ghz with 512Mb Ram, Sapphire video card (ati radeon 9x00 chipset) and (maybe here's the trick) the latest (or so) C++ dll mvsrc i don't remember how's that called. Anyway, if i tried to open the original geometry obj file from the runtime/geometry dir, i got an error, so i tried opening the figure in poser, exporting it as obj with the weld poly option checked and here we go! Note to dhenton1000: this is a great tool! But you should work a bit on the navigation side! Other than that I see no major issues (well maybe that of being independent on the drive on which the sw is installed) *high5*

genny ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 12:28 PM

DAMN....I wish I had time to check this out more.....but got one more night to work before the weekend...and then......I have to go to a wedding on Saturday! Oh well, this looks like something that I would really like to "learn" and "use".......so..when I have the time....I will most "DEFINATELY"...try it out. Thank you (:

stemardue ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 12:37 PM

Sorry for the rush, i was so happy it worked that i wanted to post my result right away... I'll explain my note on the navigation side (even if i saw it was already mentioned as camera handling)... To be able to match the camera POV and FOV with those of a rendered scene (be it in poser or 3d max or other renderers) would be great... i just can't think of how many kinds of cool effects you can achieve with a 2d layered image sw playing with the rendered pic and the b/w ink layer output from ink'r!

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 12:44 PM

To maxxxmodelz: Posting glitch---ooops. Deleting now.

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 1:09 PM

file_123464.gif

I TOTALLY love this!!! SOOOOOOOOOOO COOL!!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You justย can'tย put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
ย  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

ockham ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 1:34 PM

One thing that would definitely add to convenience: put everything including the OBJ name and the desired output image name in an INI file. Then Inkulator could be run by Python directly from Poser. Python could convert the Poser camera angle to the Inkulator angle, export the OBJ, fill in the INI file, then call Inkulator. The inking values would still have to be set manually, because there's nothing in Poser that corresponds to them.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 1:49 PM

Oooh Ockham... I hope you (or someone else) can DO that python thing. And that it will be implemented in a version (hopefully soon, I'm in LOVE with that program allready), the major problem right now is the kinda awkward camera handling. I'm a "dial peep" not an "enter-a-digit-peep"

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You justย can'tย put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
ย  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Traveler ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 2:39 PM

That would rule so much!

semidieu ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 3:36 PM

Wow !!! Wonderfull program !!!

Mason ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 4:02 PM

wow! Gotta try this! I do 3d comic work for a living.

compiler ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 4:13 PM

It looks like a really cool program. As soon as the storm stops making power flicker, I'll try this out. Ockham's project would be a real god send ! This would be so much more useful for me than using the sketch render, and would compliment the toon shaders nicely. Is there somewhere, a forum or something were we can learn about the future development of this very promising program ? Oh and, last nut not least, thank you so much for making it a freebie !

Xena ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 4:46 PM

Gotta bookmark this one :)

buddy36s ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 5:04 PM

file_123466.gif

Here's the GIRL quickly done. Win XP Home, 2.8Ghz P4, 1Gig RAM. Way to go. Great job. Also like the talk of making this work in Poser with the help of a Python program.

-Yggdrasil- ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 5:11 PM

Holy crap! This sounds about right what we're looking for. Definitely gotta try this out, thanks a zillion in advance!!!

dhenton1000 ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 5:14 PM

This is a lot to digest. I got to think about this a bit. I'm just flabbergasted by the response!!! I do want to mention stemardue points about the MFC.dll. I think this might be the godsend for Win98. I will look into this. I know that on my win98 test machine my dll is definitely out of date. I also know that I am using some newer stuff, that older mfc didn't have. I think I'll try to spiff my 98 machine and let you know. Python, love it. I'll definitely get back to you on that. It actually should be possible to rewrite this puppy to be non-gui that could be called by python so you wouldn't have to worry about the blasted UI. Blender is also python scripted. I will be walking around in a daze for a while, but will DEFINITELY get going on all this. I cannot say strongly enough how much this means to me, I'm am just amazed at what people can do with this. Thanks so much.

buddy36s ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 5:47 PM

file_123467.gif

I feel like a kid. And Like a kid, I still can't color in the lines.

thorntoa ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 6:12 PM

file_123469.gif

This thing is very cool. Dual Athlon 2600 MP XP Pro 2 Gig Ram Radeon 9800 Pro 256 MB RAM

Allan Thornton

numanoid ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 6:12 PM

I am sorry I don't have time to play with this now, but thank you very much. Occam, if you do the python thing with this, would there be any way to enable the animation. Something like sending the first frame, on which you set the inks, etc, and then Python calling in the rest of the frames one by one, using the ink settings of the first frame. I only do animations with Poser, but I would love to be able to output a series of frames with this and then turning that into an animation.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 8:27 PM

Dude, this looks awesome! Need to find some time to test/play!

Dale B ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 8:51 PM

Now -that- is an idea, numanoid! If Python could control it, and render only one frame at a time, incrementing the number of the image, just about any editor could string the results together...

OberonX ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 9:01 PM

file_123471.gif

Now I could get to really like this program! Here's a quick test of scene I was working on. I couldn't get GIMP to read the AI file, though; I had to go through Mayura to convert to JPEG, and you can see a bit of rasterization on some of the lines. Still, I can see a lot of potential here...

OberonX ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 9:05 PM

Oh, the stats: Win XP Home, Athlon 2400+, 1G ram....

salvius ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 10:11 PM

OK, I just downloaded this, haven't tried it out yet, but I just had to chime in with a Wow-Eee. Visions of Frank Miller's "Sin City" comics are dancing in my head...

xoconostle ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 10:30 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 August 2004 at 10:38 PM

file_123472.gif

This has got to be one of the all-time coolest things to come along in the Poser world, ever. Thank you very much for letting us try it out! This image was done from start (in Poser) to finish (in Photoshop) in about a half-hour. Just imagine the possibilities if REAL effort were put into this. Oh boy, my head is swimming with ideas. Here comes another weekend of ignoring chores...

Message edited on: 08/19/2004 22:38

FlyByNight ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 10:36 PM

And thank you all for sharing your creations with us! All I can add is another WOW!

FlyByNight

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.