Mon, Oct 21, 5:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: Two-bladed sword?

ookami ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 8:19 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 5:44 PM

Does anyone know of a free or commercial product that contains a two-bladed sword? By two bladed, I mean two parallel blades coming from the same side of the hilt.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 8:55 AM

offhand, no -- but have you tried making one? there are several sword packs out there, like 'the seven swords' by darkworld (if its still in the MP) that have several swords that - with a bit of patience - could easily be positioned end-to-end to make a two-bladed one. the hilts could either fit inside each other (with a % or two of scaling) or you could just use the grouping tool to select/hide one of the hilts. just a suggestion. id make you one, but im extremely busy this week... if you still havent found one (or made one) by next week let me know. cheers, -gabriel

Blackhearted ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 8:59 AM

oh wait.. doh... the same side? like with a blood groove in the middle? nevermind what i said about combining em then... sorry i misunderstood.

ookami ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 9:09 AM

file_123699.jpg

It's more like this... so it's not quite as easy... although with work, I could make one... the problem is of course... like you I am extremely busy and would rather use or buy an existing one.

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 10:16 AM

file_123700.jpg

I just whipped it up. It's not as bulky as in your pic, but it's got the same idea.... If you want it, IM me with your email and I'll send it to you. You're on your own for texturing though, these are P5 materials.

ookami ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 10:31 AM

That's cool! I would love to have it... but for the current project, I'm looking for something a little more bulky... like the one in the picture. =) Thanks! Amazing how you can just whip it up like that!

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 10:57 AM

file_123701.jpg

This is as bulky as I can get it right now. Interesting problem though... I may just redo it from scratch.

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 12:17 PM

::drools:: Oh man, I gotta have that baby! Please make it available to the rest of us fantasy freaks too.

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 2:12 PM

file_123703.jpg

You like it? How about the rest of this? Shield and Battle Hammer. I'm going to package them all up as a free set. It'll be up as freestuff somewhere soon.

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 2:26 PM

You are verily a god among mortals and I worship at your shrine. ::bows and scrapes:: We're not worthy! We're not worthy!

cooler ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 3:41 PM

file_123704.jpg

Is this a private party or can anyone play? :-)

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 3:48 PM

OOOOHHHHH!!!!! Now that is WICKED!

cooler ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 3:58 PM

thanx pdxjims... the best part is that it's only 1114 polys & zips down to 50K even with a template included :-)

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 4:05 PM

Looks heavyenough to give even Conan a hernia if he tried swinging it 8-)

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 4:13 PM

You beat me. Mine is 1526 polys and zips to 67K. The War Hammer and the shield are quite a bit smaller though.

cooler ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 4:15 PM

not at all Byrdie... the blade is a special Magnauseum & Extraneum alloy, lightweight, strong & holds an edge so well you could shave all 3 members of ZZ Top without having to stop (or strop :-) for resharpening.

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 4:18 PM

::snerk:: Just what the world needs, a weapon of mass depiliation.

cooler ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 4:19 PM

very nice pdxjims... now if we could just convince everyone else that "less is more" in most cases we could get away from 20meg+, 100,000+ poly downloads for prop sets :-)

FlyByNight ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 5:17 PM

Wow, what amazing weapons! You guys rock!!!

FlyByNight

ookami ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 5:19 PM

Now that's some serious weaponage!

slinger ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 7:52 PM

file_123705.jpg

Can we all play then? ~lol~ I only got mine zipped down to 95k as a Poser prop with a custom thumbnail

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 9:42 PM

file_123706.jpg

dang..shoulda scrolled down before I started speed-modeling..;) here's my version..obj file, not very big, or many polys..the different colors can be textured with different materials..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Khai ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 9:56 PM

" not at all Byrdie... the blade is a special Magnauseum & Extraneum alloy, lightweight, strong & holds an edge so well you could shave all 3 members of ZZ Top without having to stop (or strop :-) for resharpening." well... considering only 2 have beards and the 3rd (frank beard I think) only has a tash.... ;)

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 10:05 PM

We're up to 4 versions! We should make it a contest! Well, maybe not, since I'd lose. We might want to pool them all into one two bladed sword freebie though. How many can we got to join?

cooler ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 10:08 PM

Khai, who said anything about stopping at facial hair? :-{>

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.