Tue, Oct 22, 4:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Can anyone spare a few skin samples for the new Skin Lab?

Laver2k ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 1:15 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:11 AM

Hi, Id like to release a new free version of Skin Lab but am in need of a few high-res 'skin' textures. I dont need anything that was taken from a live model or anything, just random photos of skin that you wouldnt mind other people using. I would really appreciate if a few people could post a few photos of skin, even their own would be great. For those not familiar with Skin Lab, its a freebie I have hosted on my site which is useful for creating custom skin textures by 'blending' samples together. Thanks in advance to anyone able to contribute.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 10:14 PM

how big should these skin samples be? i have a good digital cam.

Crescent ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 10:28 PM

Any particular pieces of skin? (Knee, elbow, foot?)

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Sat, 21 August 2004 at 1:16 AM

I have a decent cam too, you want shots of the tan parts or the non-tan parts? ;) What about hair, is that a problem? My arms are pretty tan but you'd see some hair in the shots. Not the walking carpet kind of thing, but will hair affect the blending too much?

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 21 August 2004 at 4:58 AM

Do we have to identify where the sample came from? (inside of arm, underside of breast) or will there be more fun in guessing?

Laver2k ( ) posted Sat, 21 August 2004 at 8:25 AM

Well the skin can come from anywhere, the idea is that many photos are blended together to create a 'base' for the whole body. So the more varied the types of skin are, the more varied the new creations can be. You dont need to identify where it came from unless you really want to lol but I guess it would help. I was thinking of using 700 x 700 pixels for the size so anything bigger than that will be great. Hair is fine and so are things such as freckles, spots, anything you can find lol. Photos from any place will be fine, foot, knees, face. Im just after a nice selection of samples =). Thanks everyone for being so generous =). I think my aol mailbox will hold them so if you could email them as well as your names (so i can give credit where its due) to laver300@aol.com that would be really great. Thanks again =)!

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Sat, 21 August 2004 at 8:42 PM

OMG, I'll be scrutinizing all of Carolly's contributions now wondering where the shot was from! ;) Any particular lighting on the sample Laver2k? I have a circular fluorescent lamp hanging over my desk that floods the area with a crisp white light, will that make a difference on the samples or should I use a warm light source?

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 22 August 2004 at 1:17 AM

Ben_Dover, If it is a 2" patch of skin... does it matter? ;^)

Laver2k ( ) posted Sun, 22 August 2004 at 6:47 AM

lol it really doesnt matter about lighting or anything, just do what you need to to get as much detail as possible to show up =).

Laver2k ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 11:52 AM

Ok, Ive had a few samples given to me and am in need of a few female samples. Anyone able to donate a few? It doesnt have to be from anywhere in particular. If possible, could u post the samples here or email them to laver300@aol.com ? Thanks in advance.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.