Fri, Sep 20, 4:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:18 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Writer's Forum July Challenge - Voting Thread

GonWaki ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 1:31 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:38 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/contest.ez?contest_id=373&folder_id=27

It's now time for everyone to read the entries and cast your votes.

Voting closes on August 25, 2004 at 8PM Renderosity time.

shemia ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 6:51 AM

Sorry to be so vague... but I cant figure out how to cast the vote. The last thing I voted for in the forums had links on each of the pages in the contest and I just clicked the link I was interested in voting for. Will it be the same here? Or are we supposed to vote by posting a comment? I couldn't see anything on any of the contest entries that said "VOTE HERE" or somesuch. Can anyone help? It would be appreciated. Thanks,

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 8:32 AM

1st place gets 3 points. 2nd place gets 2 points. 3rd place gets 1 point. GonWaki will do the calculation to come up with the winner. :)

BlueLotus7 ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 8:09 PM

But HOW do we cast the votes? I just read them all and saw nothing in which to cast a vote.

GonWaki ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 12:18 AM

You can either use the point system (as specified in the contest rules) or just list them, making sure you identify which entry is your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice. Post your votes in this thread only.

BlueLotus7 ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 6:40 AM

Oh. Duh! Sorry about that--senior moment! :D 1st=2 2nd=3 3rd=1

GonWaki ( ) posted Sat, 21 August 2004 at 1:08 AM

Don't worry about it - I have them all the time and I'm only middle-aged.

BlueLotus7 ( ) posted Sat, 21 August 2004 at 9:02 AM

Hey! I'm only 51, er....42!!! Yeah, 42!! LOL :D

shemia ( ) posted Sat, 21 August 2004 at 11:56 AM

Can I have a senior moment at 46?.. either that or frequent blonde moments :|
I'm not old!...I'm chronologically challenged.
Here's my vote for what it's worth:

1st=5
2nd=3 (am i allowed to vote for myself?)
3rd=1

If its not allowed that I vote for myself, please let me know and I shall endeavour to amend this reply.
Regards all
Shemia

manimal ( ) posted Sun, 22 August 2004 at 11:25 AM

Am I allowed to vote? I really liked the creativity of Garblesnix's "Finder", especially the "sound love makes when it enter the soul." All the rest fullfilled my hope of creating interesting characters and dialoge. Thanks to all who participated for entertaining us. 1st = 1 2nd = 5 3rd = 2

GonWaki ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 12:11 AM

First place: entries 3(shemia)

Second place (tie): entries 2(airlynx) and 5(Gurami)

Third place: entry 2 (Garblesnix)

Congratulations to the winners!

Note: as the challenge rules state, manimal was not eligible for voting this time out.

airlynx ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 2:43 PM

Unfortunately I was moving the past weekend and today was the first time I've been able to get back here. Wow, second place, yay me & Gurami! Shemia, you deserve first place, excellent job. Everyone always does such a good job on the challenges here. It's too bad there isn't much more participation.

garblesnix ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 5:29 PM

Manimal: thanks. Congrats to the rest. garblesnix

Gurami ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 2:24 AM

Hi, everybody. Thank you very much for appreciating my very first writing contribution. Congrats to all other writers, reading your stories was fun! This is encouraging. However, like airlynx said, a few more contributions and a lot more voters (=readers) would be great.

shemia ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 6:55 AM

Firstly, congratulations to everyone who participated. I think each and every story was very well written and if a story can make me smile or shiver as did these entries, then I think everyone deserves to win. I think Airlynx, Gurami and Garblesnix did a fantastic job and deserve their win, so congratulations to the three of you, very well done. Lets hope we can encourage more people to participate in the next one and get some interest going in the voting area. Maybe we can come up with something that everyone will not only be interested enough to read but to vote for as well in the next challenge. How long do I have to come up with an idea for it? Is it also possible to ask in the forums for ideas that other people have so we have some idea what people want and write about stuff that other people would like to read?

shemia ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 4:13 PM

I've finally come up with an idea for the next challenge. Can I post it in this thread or do I start another? Thought I'd better ask first so I don't do the wrong thing.
:0)

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 4:15 PM

Send your idea to GonWaki so he can set up a challenge page for you. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.