Sun, Sep 22, 10:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 9:08 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Need a beta tester of sorts for my V3 eye textures

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Sat, 21 August 2004 at 9:11 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 10:29 AM

Attached Link: http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/n/snowfox102/v3eyesbeta.ZIP

I've been making some eye textures for the MilDragon (I finally got one, yay!) and I thought I'd make a pack for the Marketplace that includes textures for V3/M3/Steph Petite as well, since I have that template too. But I can't test them. So could someone download the above file (it contains 2 eye textures) and let me know if they map correctly? I can't even tell how well the MilDragon textures work, since all I have is Daz Studio and it refuses to apply specularity =/ Anywho, I want to know if these work on V3/M3/Steph before I go through the trouble of making a whole bunch of them. (I already made six or seven just for the MilDragon, heh)

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 22 August 2004 at 6:13 AM

file_124036.jpg

They map fine...

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Sun, 22 August 2004 at 11:50 AM

Thanks! They still need work obviously, there's no highlight. I expected Poser to handle specular highlights the way Bryce does, but apparently it only reacts to mapping =/ Oh well, I needed to learn how to add highlighting to maps anyway. I still don't like the flat irises that Poser figures use though. My iris maps look a lot better on the eye models I made myself. Feh.

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 22 August 2004 at 1:15 PM

file_124037.jpg

Got to be honest - the vast majority of Poser users would expect eye textures to come in a MAT file. You could then add specularity settings. In the attached pic I added an anisotropic highlight to the cornea, but that only works in P5. If you stick up a post in the merchant forum, someone will probably make you up some MAT files in exchange for a copy of the product. To be a bit brutal (and no offense intended) I'd want to see a lot more detail in the textures before spending money on them.

"you are terrifying

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Sun, 22 August 2004 at 2:42 PM

Thanks, I wanted brutally honest ;) I was planning on working on these quite a bit more before charging money for them, and making mat files (once I figure out how to do that ;) )

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Sun, 22 August 2004 at 7:45 PM

file_124038.jpg

Is that a little more detailed? ;) Yay lens flare ;) I didn't want to have higlights applied to the map itself, since I like to have highlights react to the actual light in the scene, but most of the eye textures I've seen have highlights applied to the map.

I'm planning on putting some in Freestuff first, they're obviously not ready for the marketplace yet ;)

KarenJ ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 2:40 AM

file_124040.jpg

Personally I never like painted highlights... I just hate them. Anyway this is the purple eye, the green one is the default S3P texture which I really don't rate for realism. I would say the pinkness needs to go back some and bring the veins forward. Just looking in the mirror, I have veining right up to the iris.

"you are terrifying

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 4:51 AM

Takes notes I'm thinking I may not be able to make good human eyes, since they have to be realistic. The eyes I tested on the MilDragon looked fairly good, even without highlights. The default MilDrag eyes have no highlight. Thanks a ton for the test renders and advice, it's very much appreciated! :)

KarenJ ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 5:06 AM

Attached Link: http://arcana.daz3d.com/index.php?id=14

If you have Photoshop, there's a tutorial at Daz Arcana for making detailed iris textures. They don't really look realistic but they're good for use with painted textures. I went through the tutorial once and recorded an action and then put stops in to modify the colours. Then I had a HDD crash and lost the damn action, LOL. Haven't redone it yet... The tut could probably be applied to PSP if you have that.

"you are terrifying

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2004 at 7:36 AM

Look in the mirror or look at some of your friend's eyes (they should know that you are an artist, not a hypnotist so won't flinch at the observation). There are all sorts of different eye patterns. Since the pupils dilate, all those fibers in the iris grow inward. Like anything organic, it won't be perfect. There'll sometimes even be tiny tangles. Don't paint the highlight on. It looks fake if painted, and people like me have to go in and repaint them. If the moon is behind her and the torch is in her left hand (keeping her sword-hand free) and the highlight in her eyes is window-shaped from the upper right... yeah, it was probably posted in the Gallery... but by somebody who doesn't know any better, and who doesn't care. Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.