Thu, Sep 19, 10:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:52 pm)

Subject: html not allowed in comment field now???????????

DreamstoGo ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 12:26 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:34 PM

When did Renderosity stop alowing html??? I use a blue color every once and awhile for something fantastic, not big OR anything.. oh well..sighs sometimes new rules come too easily and without the consensus of the members.

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 2:59 AM ยท edited Tue, 17 August 2004 at 3:02 AM

Are you sure?

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

Message edited on: 08/17/2004 03:02

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 5:03 AM

Phil - DreamstoGo means the gallery comment field. I just tried it and got this:

Form validation error

You may not insert < > symbols or HTML into the comment field.

Please press Back, correct the errors, and try again.

I think that's conclusive. As you can see, it still works in the forum. ;)

I guess someone must have misused the feature, so now we all have to put up with plain text comments. Shame.

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 5:13 AM

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<----- ahh I see <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<------ OK <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<----- fair enough

:)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 5:52 AM

I think this is exactely why. People sprouted bouncing, scrolling, flashing, U name it, messages in the galleries. Still I think it's a shame they cut it out. Oh well.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You justย can'tย put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
ย  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 8:22 AM

How do you do the scrolling? I don`t even know how to do the different fonts and the coloured writing.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 9:13 AM

file_123016.gif

That's interesting - that box that says "The message is in HTML, do not apply formatting"? It doesn't matter whether you check it or not, your message still gets treated as HTML. This is how you do the scrolling.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 9:46 AM

And here's how you do colour.

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 9:53 AM

Thank you, so I suppose the scrolling is done with java or something similar?

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 10:02 AM

file_123017.gif

Sorry, I can't work out how to enter HTML examples without the forum interpreting it. I'm sure someone will tell me. :)

Phantast ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 10:04 AM

But please don't do text in blue or red on black. It's hard to read.

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 10:33 AM

Blue
Red or Black?

OK

layingback ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 10:50 AM

EnglishBob, & l t (without the spaces) and & g t (no spaces) give you < and > symbols. But you have to get it right first time - no previews ;-) Or just attach the post as a text file.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 11:05 AM

?

elizabyte ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 11:55 AM

Personally, I always found scrolling, colored, oversized comments annoying, anyway...

;-P

bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 12:04 PM ยท edited Tue, 17 August 2004 at 12:05 PM

ok, enough with the HTML tricks
you're making me dizzy
..;) Message edited on: 08/17/2004 12:05

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 12:14 PM

This server doesn't support the marquee tag, whether up, right, left or down. Unfortunately, it does support javascript scrolling. Gracias a dios that nobody has used it yet! At least the fiendish blink tag has the virtue that it no longer works in most browsers.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 1:22 PM

EnglishBob, layingback: I use the &ltxml> tags to display HTML examples.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 1:24 PM

Y'know, we have an HTML forum here at R'osity ....

lhiannan ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 6:17 PM

? ;)

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 8:19 PM

but without the < >(it won't even allow the characters to be used in that order, I checked), it's kinda hard to do anything html..and using a tag without the closing tag is just not well-formed..;) at least it works here..I can drop quotes with the best of them the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about
-Oscar Wilde
..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 12:23 AM

Mateo Sancarlos.. Uhm this server doesn't support the tag?! Er... that's the one we've been using. How come it works then?

But I can't make it accept any javascript though...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You justย can'tย put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
ย  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

SWAMP ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 12:53 AM

I think I'm getting motion sickness.....rraaalllpphh

DreamstoGo ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 11:52 AM

?

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 12:06 PM

?

My Homepageย - Free stuff and Galleries

SWAMP ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 12:11 PM

? ? ? ? ?

SpiceBunny ( ) posted Thu, 19 August 2004 at 12:11 AM

.. bunch of crazies..

Mercytoo ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 8:43 AM

Weeeeeeeeeeee! :o)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2004 at 11:09 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 August 2004 at 11:21 AM

?

good gravy!... you should see my poor curser quivering... in this nice safe text box where I'm not going to do anything unnatural to it.

Anyway, I didn't know that the html had been stifled, but will have to breathe a sigh of relief. Some of those comments were ricochetting off the walls or vibrating so hard, that they took away from the art. Eyes are attracted to motion.

I don't like flickering banner ads, either, when I'm trying to read. Black doesn't show on dark purple very well, but at least it doesn't jump. ;^)

Carolly

Message edited on: 08/20/2004 11:21

SpiceBunny ( ) posted Sat, 21 August 2004 at 3:04 AM

blinks i swear i thought hauksdottir is a guy ...

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 21 August 2004 at 10:35 AM

LOL!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 21 August 2004 at 2:58 PM
  • will address hauksdottir as "hauksson" henceforth *

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 22 August 2004 at 1:38 AM

:pfffffft!: hmmm... wasn't that Doc Legume who managed to encode musical effects in his comments?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 6:22 PM

Yes, much to the annoyance and/or amusement of others. I don't know if the good Doctor pulled that trick in the galleries, but I recall a few occasions here in the forums, especially the old OT forum in particularly lengthy going-nowhere threads.

Remember when someone (not naming names) discovered how to insert background images behind the thread text? Something nice, bright, and high-contrast flowery, that made it impossible to read anyone's posts?

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2004 at 1:38 AM

I missed that one! I really hated the too-too-decorative backgrounds in the old Duellist magazine... made the text impossible to read. The WotC art director was a total jerk who never learned some basic design principles... such as having the design serve the purpose of the communication rather than the other way around. Even the Victorians weren't as fussily multi-layered. However, with a community as creative as this one, it shouldn't be a surprise that a few people figure out ways to get extra attention.

SpiceBunny ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2004 at 5:47 AM

and blinding us at the same time? O_o have mercy on us poor souls.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.