Fri, Oct 4, 12:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Holy Inkulator Batman!

Kenmac ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 5:51 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:22 PM

file_124995.jpg

Just messing around with Don Hentons Inkulator utility. I wonder what Bob Kane would have thought of it?

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 7:05 PM

Cool!

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Kenmac ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 8:24 PM

Thanks Estherau. I can't wait to see what he'll add to this utility next.

rowan_crisp ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 10:16 PM

Good heavens, that's gorgeous. salivates waiting for her new computer tower

dhenton1000 ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 1:42 AM

Pow!!! Bam!! Boffo!! How many Megs is that entire scene? Is it slow to navigate through? And by the way, when the first issue coming out?

lexland ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 5:01 AM

What is Inkulator? Is it free? Can you give some more infos?

lemur01 ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 7:10 AM

Hey lexland. Yes it's free and it's ver good. I can't remember the link and i don't have time to look right now but if you do a search in the forums for inkulator you will find the thread linking to the download site. Jack

lexland ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 7:41 PM

Thanks, Lemur01, I've just found it and it seems very cool!

Kenmac ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 8:00 PM

Thanks Rowan Crisp. I couldn't quite get the shadows the way I wanted them on Batman but I thought overall it was pretty good. LOL, thanks DHenton, I'm not sure about the first issue. That scene was 18 megs and no, surprisingly enough it wasn't slow to get through at all. Let us know when you update the utility. So far I haven't found any bugs (with the exception of the Creepy Clown model import being a little messed up.)

dhenton1000 ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 8:07 PM · edited Fri, 27 August 2004 at 8:08 PM

You may never get the lighting the way you want. The lighting model is totally perceptual, and will break down if you think about it too much.

One thing I've thought about is rendering the image with several inking schemes then picking and choosing from each the best presentation for each item. Also, post work is a necessity. Inkulator9000 is just too simple to be relied on by itself.

You can make a mask by rendering with 100% set if that helps the post work any.

Message edited on: 08/27/2004 20:08

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.