Tue, Oct 22, 2:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:52 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: E-on Software Unveils Vue 5 Esprit!

LillianH ( ) posted Mon, 30 August 2004 at 11:24 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:19 PM

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE!

August 30, 2004 Press Release

E-on Software Unveils Vue 5 Esprit!

Graphic2682.jpg
NEW FEATURES HIGHLIGHTED IN "COMING SOON" VIDEO!

August 30, 2004. Beaverton, Oregon: e-on software, the leader in nature simulation software, presents a preview video of the fifth iteration of Vue Esprit, its award winning scenery rendering and animation software for casual and advanced digital artists.

Vue 5 Esprit, The Art Of Natural 3D!

Vue 5 Esprit succeeds in combining unequaled ease-of-use and creativity with the latest advances in rendering technology. With a dedicated toolkit for the creation and rendering of realistic scenery, Vue 5 Esprit brings Natural 3D to everyone's hand. Superb image quality, incredible render speed and unbeatable ease-of-use help make Vue 5 Esprit the best 3D scenery software for casual and advanced digital artists!

A selection of the features in Vue 5 Esprit includes:
Global Illumination and Radiosity with EasyGIT single slider quality setting,
High Dynamic Range Image (HDRI) and Image Based Lighting (IBL),
Procedural Terrains with sub-pixel detail whatever the viewing distance,
Advanced atmospheric engine,
Ultra-realistic 3D tree and plant technology,
SmartGraphT advanced function and material editor,
Metablobs from all primitives for improved organic modeling,
Complete 3D Text editing capability for high quality video and titling effects,
Integrated post-processing and camera switching,
Pre-animated mesh support,
Advanced OpenGL engine for faster and clearer previewing of your work,
Numerous productivity and feature enhancements.

A complete and detailed list of features will be available when Vue 5 Esprit ships.

Graphic2681.jpg

Vue 5 Esprit will maintain compatibility with Mover 5, e-on software's popular animation expansion pack for Vue d'Esprit 4 and Vue 4 Professional.

The Macintosh OS X and Windows 2000/XP versions of Vue 5 Esprit will be released simultaneously end of September 2004. Vue 5 Esprit will be initially released in English. German, French and Japanese versions will follow. The estimated street price for Vue 5 Esprit is $249. Vue d'Esprit 4 owners will be able to upgrade to Vue 5 Esprit for $149. Users who bought Vue d'Esprit 4 after October 1st 2003 will benefit from a preferred upgrading fee of $129. A $99 sidegrade will also be available for Vue 4 Professional owners eager to lay their hands on the next version of Vue. The Vue Professional line of products will follow its own development path.

About e-on software's product line
Easy to use and productive, the Vue product line offers solutions for professional users as well as hobbyists wanting to create still or animated natural 3D environments.

Vue 4 Professional combines ease of use with the underlying power of a high quality renderer, cutting-edge features such as synchronization with all major 3D applications, full compositing options and G-Buffer support, advanced wind and breeze simulation, hybrid network rendering, full import/export options and a highly productive interface. Vue 4 Professional is available for $599, with academic versions available from $199.

Vue d'Esprit 4 for Windows and Mac OS X comes with 2 CDs, bursting with 30 SolidGrowth 2 tree and plants, over 100 atmospheres, 100 different types of clouds, 300 materials, 250 high quality fully textured 3D objects, 50 example scenes and a 340-page manual. Vue d'Esprit 4 is still available for $199, with academic versions available from $169.

Mover 5 for Windows and Mac OS X expands on the already powerful animation in e-on software's Vue (Esprit and Professional), allowing for inclusion of fully animated digital characters, enhanced, new motion effects, and network rendering. Mover 5 for Windows and Mac OS X is available for $99 and will be compatible with the Vue 5 product line.

Ozone 2.0 for Windows and Mac OS X is the most complete, elaborate and productive solution for creating realistic (or surrealistic) skies and atmospheres in Cinema 4D and LightWave. Ozone 2.0 is available from $199.

About e-on software

Founded in 1997, e-on software was established to develop and promote the highest quality graphics tools. E-on software was founded on the premise that powerful graphics tools should never get in the way of a designer's creativity. E-on software's product line includes the award winning Vue (Esprit and Professional) line, as well as the Ozone 2.0 line of professional atmospheric plug-ins. E-on software is based in Beaverton, Oregon. Visit their website at http://www.e-onsoftware.com. Message edited on: 08/30/2004 11:32

Lillian Hawkins
Marketing Manager
By serving each other, we are free.

LillianH ( ) posted Mon, 30 August 2004 at 1:47 PM

Lillian Hawkins
Marketing Manager
By serving each other, we are free.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 30 August 2004 at 3:28 PM

Very cool....can't wait. Sharen

wrpspeed ( ) posted Mon, 30 August 2004 at 7:01 PM

yes, but does it work better with poser?

Jackson ( ) posted Mon, 30 August 2004 at 8:10 PM

I don't understand why it would need to get any better; Vue4 works perfectly with Poser (for me anyway). I'm wondering if my solid growth plants will work in the new version.

sandoppe ( ) posted Mon, 30 August 2004 at 8:37 PM

I just want to be sure it still works with Poser 5! I remember the frustration of Vue 4 not working with Poser 5 until the 4.1+ upgrade. Time will tell.

Philywebrider ( ) posted Mon, 30 August 2004 at 9:43 PM

milamber42 ( ) posted Mon, 30 August 2004 at 10:13 PM

[bookmark]

3ddave44 ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 3:27 PM

Also, the Mover 5 update bundled into the Vue4.2 upgrade seems only to work with and for Poser 5. I have Poser 4 and Mover 4 and when I tried to upgrade to Vue4.2 with Mover 5, I could never get Mover to accept Poser.exe when it asked for it's location. Once I said browse to tell it where my Poser 4 executable was, it did nothing. ...didn't go anywhere. So while I would like to have Vue 5, I'm not certain or convinced the Poser 4 import will work because E-ON has never been able to answer why Vue4.2 wouldn't work.... : ( Dave

Philywebrider ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 3:44 PM

I hope it works with Poser 4 and 5, you would think they would mention it.

Kendra ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 10:34 AM

"I don't understand why it would need to get any better; Vue4 works perfectly with Poser (for me anyway)."

It doesn't work with all posers. Many who have the metacreations version of P4 can not get it to work with Vue. I bought Vue4 specifically for poser and unless I have an ironclad guarantee (or a serious discount), I won't spend a dime on Vue. They dropped the ball on my problems and I don't trust them.

...... Kendra

Jackson ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 11:22 AM

"It doesn't work with all posers. Many who have the metacreations version of P4 can not get it to work with Vue." Wow, I didn't know that. I'm sorry to hear it. I know some had trouble with the early release of V4 but I thought they eventually got it straightened out.

3ddave44 ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 11:41 AM

I made do without 4.2 and mover 5 as I still use Poser4. Mover 5 really seemed to be all about supporting the dynamic cloth features of Poser 5 so it was not missed on me; but I'd hoped to take advantage of whatever changes to Vue there were in 4.2. According to their list of changes, this too was not stuff I absolutely had to have but what was distressing was that E-on had no answer for the problem (which I described in Post #9 of this thread) and took no apparent effort to find out. Or to even give me a definitive answer like "The Mover 5 update only is meant for Poser 5" - which if that is the case, then why were the 4.2 changes not offered separately as just a Vue update? Instead if you want to install it (4.2), it automatically updates your Mover 4 which as I said rendered it all useless for me. I hope it's all squared away in Vue5. Hopefully, I'll be able to ask a Poser 4 user who gets Vue5 if it all works. Dave

Kendra ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 12:29 PM ยท edited Wed, 01 September 2004 at 12:39 PM

"I know some had trouble with the early release of V4 but I thought they eventually got it straightened out."

Nope. I had an ongoing online convo with Steve Bell at E-on and the last question he asked was if I owned mover4. Nothing after that. I tried absolutely everything.

I feel completely screwed by E-on.

"Vue d'Esprit 4 owners will be able to upgrade to Vue 5 Esprit for $149. Users who bought Vue d'Esprit 4 after October 1st 2003 will have a special upgrade price at $129." Will they address the issues though? What guarantees will they offer to those who had problems with the very reason they purchased it? Will they even respond to the issues? Vue4.2 was supposed to work with Poser, do I have to pay even more for what I should already have? Message edited on: 09/01/2004 12:39

...... Kendra

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.