Mon, Sep 9, 6:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: PoserFusion for Shade 7

Curious_Labs ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 4:54 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 12:06 PM

Hi! Since there are many questions about the Shade/Poser integration, here is some extra information on the PoserFusion feature.

Tori/Starlet
CL

The PoserFusion feature allows you to host Poser files directly within Shade 7. Unlike import/export functions that translate data from one format to another, PoserFusion serves as a liaison between Shade and the Poser files, actually opening Poser files and accessing their contents directly in Shade. This allows you the option of using Poser for figure creation, posing and animation, and then combining Poser files with Shades powerful modeling, rendering, and animation capabilities. For example, an architect could design a shopping mall in Shade and open Poser files of people walking through the stores, sitting on benches, and so forth.

PoserFusion Supported Features
Hosting of .pz3 and .pzz Poser File formats.
Creation of one Polygon Mesh Object for Each Poser Material Group.
Texture Mapping (transparency, bump, reflection and diffuse) and UV Settings
Native Animation Playback Within Shade.
Dynamic Cloth Simulation Playback.
Transparency Mapped Hair Rendering.
Hosting of Multiple Poser Objects.
Cross-Platform Compatibility.
Update from Poser File Option.
NOTE: Dynamic Hair Simulation playback is not supported by PoserFusion at this time.

Shade has the ability to export directly to the Wavefront OBJ format, which allows you to take objects created in Shade and open them within Poser. A vast variety of other 3D applications also support the OBJ file format.

In addition, Curious Labs is still actively working to improve integration between these two products!

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 5:09 PM

Aren't product promos supposed to go there?

softriver ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 5:31 PM
  • Creation of one Polygon Mesh Object for Each Poser Material Group.* I don't really understand what that mean... (Maybe I'm just tired) everything else sounds awesome, though. Is Shade 7 releaased yet, though?

igohigh ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 5:33 PM

I wouldn't call Shader/Poser "products"....heck, without then there would be no forum here at all. ....geesh Thanks for posting CL, if you had put this in the Product Showcase I would have had to find out about it at one of the 'more friendly' communities ;p

softriver ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 5:37 PM

looks down the page d'oh! Yep, I'm just tired. :)

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 5:47 PM

pdx not when its CL posting about Poser :) Would be silly to put it elsewhere really Lyrra the Ex Evil Overlord

Khai ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 5:49 PM

" Aren't product promos supposed to go there?" yup they are "will this one?" nope, cos it's CL and everyone here thinks because of that they are exempt from the rules that stop everyone else. (cue spurious arguements about CL inventing poser and therefore being allowed to ignore the merchant rules inforce in this site - a real kick in the nuts to us that trade here and keep to the rules. remember that idea that 1 law for all that the US was setup on? hah!) /rant mode off

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 5:56 PM

Lyrra, It's CL talking about Shade, a for sale product they distribute. If Vue posted about the new version and about how Poser could be directly imported here, it'd be moved. If Daz posted about D/S here, it'd be moved. If I posted about something I made and put up for sale, it'd be moved. CL is posting here to sell a product. By just about any rule that the 'sity can come up with, it should be moved. ...sorry.... (it hurts to disagree with the perfect ex-evil overlord)

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 6:02 PM

It's Poser-related, it's from CL, so my vote would be to let them post such items here.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 6:19 PM

"Aren't product promos supposed to go there?" LMAO!! Hehe... troublemaker! ;-)

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

igohigh ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 6:23 PM · edited Tue, 31 August 2004 at 6:25 PM

You know, for the life of me I do not understand the 'Anti-CL' and 'Anti-DAZ' attidude that has developed around here in the last few years :?
Like without them Rendo wouldn't have a 'Poser Forum' at all. AND without CL the "Poser Forum" would not exist at all.....Dho!

oh, and P.S.
Without them we would have NO NVIATWAS :*(

Message edited on: 08/31/2004 18:24

Message edited on: 08/31/2004 18:25

Khai ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 6:30 PM

" You know, for the life of me I do not understand the 'Anti-CL' and 'Anti-DAZ' attidude that has developed around here in the last few years :? Like without them Rendo wouldn't have a 'Poser Forum' at all. AND without CL the "Poser Forum" would not exist at all.....Dho!" to clarify I ain't "anti daz" or "anti CL" I just expect to be treated the same as everyone else and that everyone else is treated the same as me. if I was to post an advert in here, I'd be yelled at then the post moved to the Product Showcase. try it yourself, see what happens so why should CL, Daz, Maxon etc etc etc be treated any different? they should'nt. ethier the rules are for us all, or they are ignored completely.

PappShmirr ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 6:39 PM

Does Shade 7 standard have PoserFusion or is it only in Shade 7 professional

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 6:44 PM

I'd definitely like to see some previews too...

Curious_Labs ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 6:53 PM

Papp- ALL versions have PoserFusion! Tori CL

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 6:54 PM

slap me side my face.... HURRY UP !!!! MAKE IT HURT>>>RED !!!! There...now don't you feel better? Lets put that red in the shade a bit and add some poserin to it. Yes..that feeeells so good...aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh Poser in the Shade... sounds like a great combo to me

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Curious_Labs ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 6:59 PM

PBM, check the Shade Galleries at www.curiouslabs.com to see many images created and rendered in Shade. tor*

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 7:04 PM

Read about Shade, Not use to CAD based App's. I am use to TrueSpace,Lightwave,C4D. With these App's Poser as a plug varies in versions and ease of use. To have a main App with Poser as a plug and a Forest,Landscaping Generating App like ,Vue,WorldBuilder,Bryce etc etc as a plug would be kool. Shade have Forest,Landscaping ? or Forest,Landscaping Fusion ? anyway at all to get Forest,Landscaping in Shade. xFrog is kool but polycount gets a bit high for a forest. P.S. I don't know this form. Would not have known where to see about Shade except under Poser.so if they do move this thread where will it be moved to ? Thanks RorrKonn

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 7:13 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1408782

RorrKonn, All product releases are to go in the Product Showcase forum. CL has mis-posted before when they released Poser Artist, and the post was moved to PS. Katherine apologized for mis-posting.

Jackson ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 7:36 PM

Will we be able to perform boolean operations on Poser figures?

Tunesy ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 8:01 PM · edited Tue, 31 August 2004 at 8:15 PM

There are hundreds of Poser vendors. There is only one Poser publisher. I'll hazard a guess that 90% of us like to see the rare post from the publisher whether it be an advertisement or not, but none of us wants to see advertisements from hundreds of vendors.

Message edited on: 08/31/2004 20:15

geoegress ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 10:01 PM · edited Tue, 31 August 2004 at 10:02 PM

says who Tunesy

some of liked it the way it was a glorified lookup table isn't much fun.

Message edited on: 08/31/2004 22:02

Tunesy ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 10:05 PM

?

ronstuff ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 10:34 PM

Does anybody know why Shade 7 WON'T IMPORT OBJs? - even the Pro version says OBJ export only - what's that all about?

megalodon ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 10:36 PM

Gee.... what else can I find around here to complain about? Let me see......people find way too many IDIOTIC things to complain about because they have NOTHING better to do with precioous time. That's a good one. And how about... I wish people would stop using the word "PoserFusion" because it really irks me...... or..... Just give me a break. Grow up and find something constructive to do with your time. Remember the saying: If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all? Well... I guess I didn't since I "complained" above. :) Personally I'm glad CL posted, but then... I must be insane because that's against the RULES..... :) :) Oh well... back to WORKING in 3D and having fun AND making money. Megalodon PS. I must remember to make a note to complain about something tomorrow.....

R_Hatch ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 1:26 AM

A lot of us do not ever go to the Product Showcase, since we aren't interested in third-party add-ons so much. As such, I would not have seen this post, since the forum it "should" be posted in is not considered relevant to my interests. However, new versions of Poser are. Personally, I would not be bothered by announcements of a similar nature with regards to Vue/Bryce/etc as well, but similar to what Tunesy said above, thousands of adverts for characters/clothes/props/etc by third-party vendors would render the place unviewable. Renderosity already enforces this fairly strictly for even other software vendors, so there aren't announcements for Vue/Bryce/etc in here, so Poser ( and Curious Labs products) may be tolerated, because they produce the main product for which this forum was created. p.s: I wish to file a complaint about megalodon's posting above, as it is in direct violation of my patent on a "method of voicing one's concerns in a public or private forum, by means of either speech or hypertext protocol." I demand 1 billion pesos, or the moon, whichever is rounder :p

Curious_Labs ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 1:45 AM

Hey Guys...Kat has been handling other things and the message about where to postt didn't get to me, all I caught in my multitasking was...POST. I haven't posted here since my early days at CL. I immediately emailed the mods and Carolly has explained all the rules, I am sorry I stirred up trouble, I just wanted to share. Now that we know, I have a better understanding of what is and isn't a product announcement and we will take care in the future. My apologies again!! (Now off to bed with me, see you tomorrow! Tori/Starlet

megalodon ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 2:17 AM

Dear R Hatch, I must sincerely apologize for violating your patent. I am hereby admitting guilt and signing over the moon to you to do with as you will. You may collect it at any time. Although I believe 1 billion pesos IS rounder, I left them in my other pants pocket - sorry. ;) Megalodon Dear Tori, Not to worry, you finally got me back into my complaining mode. :) It's been way too long since I've used it! And thanks for posting - as R Hatch said above, I too, would not have known (until much later) had you posted in "the correct" forum since I NEVER go there! I have VERY limited time and only peruse certain forums.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 2:37 AM

Take it this form could care less about any actually info about shade. Anyone care to suggest a Form that cares more about the app then rules ? RorrKonn http://www.Atomic-3D.com

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 3:54 AM

coughRuntimeDNAcoughPoserProscough ok RorrKonn?

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Phantast ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 5:32 AM

softriver wrote: " Creation of one Polygon Mesh Object for Each Poser Material Group. I don't really understand what that mean... (Maybe I'm just tired)" This is what Grouper does when processing Poser obj files, except it's even better because it creates one mesh object that combines all material groups that have the same material. This means that when texturing an exported Poser mesh in a rendering app, you only have to deal with as many meshes as you have materials.

igohigh ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 8:47 AM

RorrKonn; easy answer - ANYWARE that supports Poser users!

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 11:01 AM

Gripe....gripe.....gripe......gripe........gripe.......!!!!!

There.

I feel much better now.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

compiler ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 11:20 AM

I'd like to have some confirmations about Shade 7 : 1- The comparison chart says that Shade doesn't import OBJ's, except through PoserFusion. Is that correct ? 2- When importing Poser scenes, it seems Shade makes a new object for each material zone. Does it imply that it destroys the UV mapping of the whole object ? Is this the same on OBJ export ? (do we have to have a single material for each mesh to export it as an obj ?) 3- Does PoserFusion import Poser5's material room settings ? If not, will it do so in the future ? Thanks in advance for answering. compiler

Tunesy ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 11:24 AM · edited Wed, 01 September 2004 at 11:25 AM

I emailed CL this morning asking for "clarification of obj issues". I'll post their response if they answer. I imagine they might be pretty busy for a while, though.

Message edited on: 09/01/2004 11:25

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 7:39 PM

This matter is currently under discussion and clarification. Because this particular thread is answering questions about a specific feature and what it can and cannot do, it seems to be more informative than a pure sales pitch or product announcement. I would rather that a representative be able to answer questions directly because that benefits us all. Because this is a software forum, how our software is going to function is vital information. This thread might also be moved; if so, I'll put a link back for courtesy. Carolly Renderosity Moderator

Jcleaver ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 8:06 PM

I can only speak to the LE version. 1. It does not directly import .obj files. 2. Textures look the same, so I'm guessing that U/V isn't destroyed. .OBJ export I don't know, haven't tried. 3. Material room settings do not import. Hope they do in the future. Nor does hair; but apparently dynamic cloth does.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 10:11 PM

OK... please remember I'm a forensic chemist so things like GI and radiosity confuse me.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.