Fri, Oct 4, 6:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: A tip on using Ockham's light panel in P5

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 5:46 PM ยท edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 4:17 PM

Since reorganising my runtimes, I put all my light sets in a separate "P5 Lights" runtime. Then I found Ockham's extremely-useful Light Panel python script wouldnt work any more. Oh no! Tonight I finally got my brain in gear and tried moving the lightpanel.py to my P5 Lights runtime. Ta-da! working fine now :) Kaz does a tired, happy little dance at not having to change a global lightset from depth-map to raytrace shadows one-by-one any more

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 6:19 PM

Yup. This is a general rule for all Python stuff. If you have both 4 and 5 on the same computer, you should have separate copies of each script inside the runtime of each version. 4 and 5 use different versions of Python, and when the script tries to "reach" over into the other setup, it gets lost somehow.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.