Sun, Sep 22, 2:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Gamma Correction??

Sinv-jica ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2000 at 1:44 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:44 AM

Someone (the only one) posted a comment about my castle picture and suggested turning off Gamma correction, what and how is what I need to know, any help is appriciated

Flickerstreak ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2000 at 4:08 PM

The gamma correction feature is located in one of the little triangles next to the render and camera tools - It's the lower-most one, right next to and below the trackball. I'm also not sure which versions of Bryce have this option.. I know that 4.01 and 4.1 on Win/Mac do, but does 4.0? I dunno. The gamma correction option attempts to correct for the difference between Mac/PC monitors and "the real world". IMO, it's pretty useless: it has no controls to adjust the target and source gamma, and you can get much better results using an image editor like photoshop. I'd say try rendering the image once with gamma correction on and once with it off, see if you can tell the difference, and make sure to check dark images on both Windoze and Mac boxes, because they'll look different. cheers

Maxxtro ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2000 at 5:16 PM

People view your image by clicking on the thumb. so you have to put the best part of your image in that thumbnail.

Also some people don't like it when you create a image using other peoples meshes (like the ones from 3D Cafe). Some even consider it Lazyness. Maybe next time you should create your own meshes and get more viewings... And than again: getting fewer viewings doesn't mean that you created a bad image, It just means that people maybe don't like it. and that's a difference...

About the gamma correction: If you are a regular Bryce user you should know where to find it: It's one of the little green triangles next to the render and camera tools It's the lower-most one, right next to and below the trackball. Hope this will help you....

Flickerstreak ( ) posted Sun, 12 November 2000 at 3:27 PM

ummm.... what the heck are you talking about, maxxtro? This thread is a simple Q/A about the gamma-correction option. Perhaps you've combined two posts into one. And anyone who frowns on using publicly-available models is just being a snob. They're publicly-available for a reason. Many artists do not have the resources (time and/or programs) to create their own complex models. Kind of like poo-pooing a painter's work because he doesn't grind his own paint from scratch!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.