Fri, Sep 20, 1:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: website help

TRAVISB ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2000 at 6:51 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:40 AM

i want to build a cool website using interfaces made in photoshop i have a free site that sucks and want to creat my own layout and customize it do i have to buy front page or dreamweaver or does anyone have any sugg thank you

TRAVISB ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2000 at 12:50 PM

THANK YOU

Spanfarkle ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2000 at 1:25 PM

Check out adob'es Go Live 5.0 also. I'm kinda new to Web-Page building but am learning things quick with it.

Spanfarkle ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2000 at 4:17 PM

No complaint's on this end. I was able to pick up GoLive as an upgrade from PageMill. I think they might still be having a sale going on with it too, check out the Adobe site. There is also, I think, a 30-day trial demo too.

pnevai ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2000 at 4:13 PM

My vote goes to dreamweaver. I utilizes a plugin extension architecture and there are a ton of neat extensions as well as tight integration with Flash and Shockwave.

conde ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2000 at 1:47 AM

sometimes take more time just got a software and bingo..... meabe you need time an start to understand what ithtml about sometimes the long way its not a bad idea try to get a book loke html bible or the black books and with the time you found other tools that help you....and my vote its for macormedia dremaweaver and fireworks...but well you need study html....good luck

HybridSoul ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2000 at 5:50 AM

i would suggest dreamweaver as it dose not add it's own code like most of the WYSIWYG editors and the plus side to dreamweaver is it goes well with flash an also fireworks but you use ps so fireworks would not be in your product choice as a web designer my self i reccomend dreamweaver thou there is a small editor out there called web3000 i am unsure of the addy for this thou and as with dreamweaver no useless code is inserted which means faster page loads and nice clean underlying code would love to see your website when it is up

Dr Zik ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2000 at 2:31 PM

Hi Folks! I've used both GoLive (for my own site) and Dreamweaver (the sites I've built for others). I would give Dreamweaver the edge in both simplicity and flexibility. It's especially good in its treatment of layers and custom CSS (cascading Style Sheet) editing. But for a starter web site either one will work very well. Whatever your choice, Travis, you'll want to register with lynda.com for free user-to-user advice and support. The regular visitors are as knowledgeable in web authoring as many of the folks here at Renderosity are about 3D, and generally, platform prejudices are left at the front door. Good luck with your site. Peter (Dr Zik)

Solaris ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 4:11 AM

I started html with Windows Notepad hehehe but my vote is on Dreamweaver too, it is very user friendly and you can manage your site effectively. I must say I haven't tried "Go live" but the very first wyswyg editor I used was a demo of something called splash (don't ask, I don't know. I use fireworks to slice the images up aswell, you can save the entire image sliced and preformatted for importing into Dreamweaver if you want. A nice big book on html is good too, 'cause even in Dreamweaver I still have to go through the code to see why something isn't sitting or doing what I want. I used to have a site with multiple layers and multiple timelines made with Dreamweaver where certain slices were on different layers moving on different timelines and still matched up perfectly in IE and Netscape. What I ended up with was a very dynamic interface. I don't have that site up anymore but it was certainly made possible using Dreamweaver.

themagi ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2001 at 10:46 PM

I'd recommed Allaire's HomeSite. It will help you learn the HTML coding as you use it to build your site. All of the above programs are great for web design, but it helps to have at least a basic understanding of HTML for the times when the prog can't do what you want. If you're looking for a free host, try: http://www.stas.net -Magi

Prizm Break ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2001 at 8:19 AM

i use dreamweaver but have been looking at homesite too. lotsa cool stuff there too

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.