Wed, Sep 25, 5:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 1:55 am)

Subject: On the lookout - Furrette v2

Jade_wolf ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2004 at 7:39 PM

Ok, so maybe this is a dumb question... but will we be able to use several of her in the same scene without possible cropsstalk? I mean, I have ways around that, as we all do, but tis good to know ahead of time... ;-)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2004 at 8:30 PM

Anything with ERC can suffer from crosstalk in P4. Furrette is no exception.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2004 at 8:48 PM

file_126271.jpg

Here's another preview pic with the red texture.

libernull ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2004 at 11:45 PM · edited Fri, 03 September 2004 at 11:47 PM

Check in around midnight.

Checking :) I must say she is looking really really fantastic. I love all the teaser images. October for the digitigrade? Once again, I cannot wait. I am such a huge fan of the digitigrade look. Hmmm... Maybe I'll be able to mess with her shin/foot until then...

Message edited on: 09/03/2004 23:47

KumikoNatashi ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2004 at 12:03 AM

I must say the hair looks very good as well! Refreshing every 5 mins now.

libernull ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2004 at 1:14 AM

WooHoo!!! And who said haunting never paid off? Thank you so much, LD :D

ynsaen ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2004 at 1:22 AM

oh, baby, YEAH!!! now if only rosity wouldn't automatically name the files all the same thing, lol LD -- awesome and sweet :)

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

jjsemp ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2004 at 5:23 AM

Hooray!

shogakusha ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2004 at 7:46 AM

Can't wait to get a chance to play with these. A very generous gift LD! Thanks very much! Shogakusha

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2004 at 8:58 AM · edited Sat, 04 September 2004 at 9:10 AM

Does furette2 reference the provided obj?

Th reason I ask, is I was trying to create a new material zone, but it's not showing up if I replace the obj with the new version.

I'll try a fresh reload of P5, and see if that helps.
EDIT.. she does.. P5 was just "remembering" the original character load. I'm tinkering, Little Dragon...

Message edited on: 09/04/2004 09:10

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2004 at 11:21 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_126273.jpg

Ok, let's see if I can remember everything... Big cheeks, pointed chin, scaled up head, longer neck, musc shoulders, musc upper arms, musc forearms (I'll probably redo that morph), wasp waist, taper foot, and shape foot. Still haven't solved the ear distortion when you scale the head, but the hair hides it anyway. Fun character, Little Dragon! Did you do transmaps for the brows and cheek fur?

pbnj ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2004 at 1:10 PM

She's awesome! You've done a great job on her Little Dragon, thank you for the most generous gift. ^_^

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2004 at 3:17 PM

Oh thank you Little Dragon. I haven't been in here for a while 'cos I've been ill and this was a lovely surprize and has just cheered me up no end. 8)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2004 at 6:58 PM

Did you do transmaps for the brows and cheek fur?

Yes, I did. I have a set of maps and MAT poses that will be assembled into a separate transmap pack, so you can set her brow, lash, and pubic-hair styles to match her hair (or not match, if you prefer). A couple of generic cheek-fur maps will also be included in the package.

If I have time, I'll try to upload the first two texture sets tonight. Skunkette and vixen.

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2004 at 7:10 PM

Cool. I'd like to see what they look like.. I might make some new textures for her as well. what are the digigrade feet they are talking about?

libernull ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2004 at 7:31 PM · edited Sat, 04 September 2004 at 7:37 PM

what are the digigrade feet they are talking about?

Digitigrade is how most animals hind legs are - since animals walk on their toes they are called digitigrade. Think 'backwards bending knees'.

By adjusting the shin to 69% on the yscale and the foot to 130% on the zscale, I could get a semi-digitigrade look. Although, its no where near as cool as the one post of Furrette 2 LD posted of the digitigrade version. Found it (http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1888655)

I've added a boot-fit morph for Furrette's boots to fit over the catsuit and her jeans. I'm going to make it available, along with some other things I've got planned for her as well.

Message edited on: 09/04/2004 19:37

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2004 at 7:49 PM

A lot of people are very, very happy. Thank you.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2004 at 8:14 PM

file_126275.jpg

Thirty-four people are happy, actually. And you're welcome.

I knew I overlooked something. I actually have boot-fit morphs (both over and under) for the catsuit and jeans. I created them in earlier builds of the clothing figures, then neglected to add them to the final build. When I update the clothing packs, I'll remember to include them.

I have to go back out, but here's a quick preview pic of the vixen texture.

wandrinminstrl ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2004 at 9:32 PM

O0o00o0 I am soo happy... she looks wonderful!!!

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2004 at 10:07 PM

Ah, Ok.. I think I prefer the digigrade feet as well. Are you going to use geometry switching to add them?

Jade_wolf ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2004 at 10:28 PM

Excellent job, LD. She looks great! And I can't wait for those character packs... the vixen looks mighty sexy. =grins= Nice job. Thanks for all your hard work. One question. Can she wear any of the Vickie clothes without too much trouble? Just curious...

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2004 at 11:17 PM

Yay! She's out :-)

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

KumikoNatashi ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 12:00 AM

Due to my weird work schedule, I have not been able post my opinion since downloading Furrette 2. Well, I've been working with her for a couple of hours now and must say that I am MORE than happy with her! I look forward to getting all the textures, morphs and such. Thank you for you hard work, and for releasing her for free to the poser community. To be honest I would have payed for her :)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 12:22 AM

Are you going to use geometry switching to add them?

No. I originally considered this, but I'll have to modify the joints, also. It may be possible to implement by means of a joint pose, but I think I'll just release a purely digitigrade version of the figure instead. If I do things properly, morphs and textures should be interchangeable. The clothing packs will need updates, though, to accomodate the modified legs and feet.

Can she wear any of the Vickie clothes without too much trouble?

Victoria 1-2? There's crumpling around the buttock/crotch region, and pokethrough around the hips and ankles. Sleeves don't fit particularly well. And I don't know what's happening with the neck. Proportions and joints simply don't match. Even if they did, you'd have to run everything through the Tailor, or create custom fitting morphs by some other means.

Short answer: trouble in River City. I can make things fit, but it takes effort.

On the other hand, Posette's clothes are a closer match, proportion- and joint-wise. Those could be adapted with much less effort.

MaPPer ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 3:23 AM

file_126276.jpg

Woot my turn to have fun with LD's furrette2. All littledragon goodies with the exception of batlabs wings. Big thanks LD =)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 6:27 AM

file_126277.jpg

All right, I'm back from work. Here's a closeup of the vixen texture. Yes, she wears eyeshadow, and no, I don't know how she cleans it out of her fur either.

Good news ... I'll upload one of the texture sets in a few minutes. Gareee, it includes a transmap. Not necessarily a good transmap, mind you, but it should give you potential texture-makers some idea of how the fur works. There's also a new eye texture -- forest green.

Bad news ... I discovered an overlooked error in Furrette's geometry. The UV-mapping is offset around the base of the tail. Probably occurred at some point late in development when I was replacing sections of the tail and realigning the UVs. I didn't notice until now because it's a small area, and most of my test renders to date were untextured. I'll upload a new copy of the base files with corrected mapping shortly; the old link posted earlier will no longer be valid. My apologies for the inconvenience.

semidieu ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 7:09 AM

Thanks for this generous gift...

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 9:14 AM

Should I run out of bandwidth (which seems quite likely, given what else I'll be posting this week), SpiritWolf448 is very kindly mirroring the files on his site:

448Studios

Drop by and say hello. He's even started a forum dedicated entirely to Furrette.

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 11:31 AM

Thanks for the updates, LD. The morphs I did should still work fine, I think. I think once you have what you consider a "final" cr2, I'll make it injectable with Injection Magic, and that way, we can distribute new morphs with injection tech. (unless you think just distributing new CR2s is a better idea) It's MUCH easier to just redistribute a nw cr2, but Injection tech might be preferred by some. It looks like I'll be doing another mini vacation (more to make up for the crappy one a few weeks ago) so I'll probably disappear for a few days again.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 12:38 PM

Please no injection technology! Those of us who still maintain Posette's wardrobe aren't Luddites, but we also don't hop onto every passing bandwagon, either.

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 12:44 PM

Believe me, I hate messing with IM, but it IS a good way to distribute morphs.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 1:28 PM

I don't really care for the injection technology, either, but I'll admit it's more convenient that leaving Poser to transfer the morphs via an external utility.

The morphs should be fine, Gareee. I didn't resort the vertices, just the UV-mapping.

SpottedKitty ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 2:50 PM

Great stuff, LD, I'm just downloading the texture pack and the updated base files now. There's a glitch or two, though, in the clothing pack. I've noticed all the upper body clothes follow the base character when I adjust the pregnancy morph master dial on the body, but neither of the breast size dials copy across. There's also a glitch in the tank top, it doesn't morph at all even when I adjust its own breast size dials. I'm having great fun so far, though, tweaking the various options and seeing how they look. Maybe I'll finally try making a few texture files of my own for the clothes...

Jade_wolf ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 3:37 PM

Getting ready to try out the girl now, so it's a good thing I checked here first, eh? ;-) Question... what animals do you plan on having texture sets for? I've got a sort of rock band idea iun my head, and knowing what animals you already have planned would give me a head start on the pic layout... Thanks again for the great work LD!

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 4:23 PM

file_126278.jpg

"So where's the Temple? And who is this Bill guy anyway?"

Jade_wolf ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 6:14 PM

Cute pic, I love it! One question about the texture pack, LD. Is the MAT supposed to porph the figure as well as apply the texture? or is it texture only? Cause if it is supposed to apply morphs, it isn't... No big deal, just curious.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 6:25 PM

There's a glitch or two, though, in the clothing pack.

As I mentioned in Furrette's documentation (and should have added to the clothing-pack doc), some of the clothing's body morphs work automatically due to P4's crosstalk bug, but others do not. The breast-size morphs are among those exceptions, and must be set manually, from the chest.

I don't know what went wrong with the tank top, but you're correct, the breast-size morphs aren't functional. I'll fix that immediately. Check back here in a while ... I'll try to attach the fixed CR2 to this thread.

Question... what animals do you plan on having texture sets for?

The skunkette will be the next texture set released. That'll be followed (in no particular order) by lioness, tigresss, cheetah, snow leopard, squirrel, rat, wolf, and lizard.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 6:27 PM

Jade_wolf: The MAT pose only applies the materials.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 6:39 PM

Until I can update the clothing .zip, here's the fixed CR2 for the tanktop. Extract it to your Poser folder and allow it to overwrite the original tanktop CR2.

F2 TankTop Update (53KB)

SpottedKitty ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2004 at 2:46 AM

OK, got the update. Thanks!

lhiannan ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2004 at 11:35 PM

file_126279.jpg

Woohoo... I'm having far too much fun for my own good, I'm sure.

She's great. And with a little magnet work, she has quasi-digi feet :)

Here's my bat character, Asharamun (Ash) via F2... (Don't look at the wings, they're still a wip!)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2004 at 9:16 AM

Very nice, lhiannan.

I see you've found the Ziggy hair's ponytail morph. Not very good, I know, but I'm working on a true, posable ponytail hairstyle. I'll put it up next month.

(The hair seems to be a more popular download than Furrette herself ... go fig.)

SpottedKitty ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2004 at 11:09 AM

Well, it is a very nice hair set, LD... as I found out when I was setting up the latest pic in my Gallery. Yes, it's the "tank top" joke I was threatening to perpetrate...

MaPPer ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2004 at 3:28 PM

Attached Link: My deviant art

Having more fun with LD's works

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2004 at 4:12 PM

MaPPer, yer warped :-D

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

MaPPer ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2004 at 4:58 PM

Heheheh thank you =D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.