Fri, Sep 27, 2:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 27 1:12 am)

Subject: The dreaded newbie question...

FizzBangBoom ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2004 at 10:24 PM · edited Thu, 26 September 2024 at 11:20 PM

I'm brand spanking new to Poser, or trying to do art in anyway what so ever. I've decided to give this a shot as I have been unable to find an artist (or artists?) to work with me on the web comic I want to do based on the sci-fi script I've written. Ok, I'm still writing it. :) Ok, on to the reason for my post... I was hoping that someone might be able to point me in the direction of a good read for newbie's. I really do have a bad time with stick figures, so... is there a Poser For Dummies? Or anyone that's willing to answer silly questions as they arise? heh thanks in advance, Allen

FlyByNight ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2004 at 10:36 PM

Attached Link: http://groups.msn.com/PoserQAArchive/yourwebpage3.msnw

No question is silly when you need help and this is the best place to ask them. Lots of great folks to help out along the way. And the link above is to the Poser Q & A Archive, excellent place for newbies to start.

FlyByNight

FizzBangBoom ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2004 at 10:45 PM

many, many thanks! and wow! that was fast! I'm really nervous about this. it's a bit of an investment to make in something you have serious doubts about being able to do. I will go forth and try and learn something. again, many thanks!

JVRenderer ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2004 at 10:51 PM · edited Mon, 06 September 2004 at 10:51 PM

one word "geep"

see : Doc Geep's Tuts

JV

Message edited on: 09/06/2004 22:51

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

FlyByNight ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2004 at 11:05 PM

You are most welcome! I started with Poser six years ago and felt just as you do but I also knew it was something I so wanted to learn how to use so I stuck with it. It's been a blessing in my life, as well as forums like this and others, where so many wonderful people come together doing something they love, sharing their knowledge, tips and tricks, and wonderful freebies. And there will be times when it all seems overwhelming so be sure to ask for help whenever you need it. Most of all, have fun!

FlyByNight

ynsaen ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2004 at 11:59 PM

There is no other program today like poser. Lots of imitators coming out, but none of them are still Poser -- part of it's power is that it really is the easiest to use thing... welcome to hell. Now grin and let's party...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

FizzBangBoom ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2004 at 12:29 AM

well the reason I'm getting into this, as I said, was that I have been unable to find an artist or artists that could commit to doing the art work for the web comic that I have decided to give a shot at based on the sci-fi screen play that I'm working on. to be perfectly honest, I'd rather focus on my writing. I really am one of those guys that has a helluva time with stick figures! A friend of mine, years ago, who's a great sketch/comic artist, tried to teach me. 30 minutes later, trying to do a simple line profile, we both laughed when he took my pencil, broke it in two and threw it away! it was really pretty funny. But I really want to be able to look at the character's I'm writing, so... I guess I have to give this a shot. hmmm... why are all my finger nails gone already?

MINTY1974 ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2004 at 7:47 AM

As many people have said already the best thing about this site is the incredible amount of help and advice that people are willing to give to you for free. I remember when I first stumbled upon renderosity and saw the quality of the work in the galleries and thought to myself 'I wonder how you do THAT?' LOL! But never be afraid to ask a question, no matter how silly it sounds! We've all asked them, me probably more than most LOL! Out of interest what's the commic about? Are you able to give a brief synopsis? Good luck and happy rendering!

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2004 at 9:33 AM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com

well, if it's the money, go here and get Daz Studio (quickly ducks thrown objects..;) it's free, works with a lot of Poser stuff, but it's still in Beta..or is that Gamma? do we have an official release yet? inquiring minds want to know..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

MINTY1974 ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2004 at 5:23 PM

It's worth posting for an artist here, you never know your luck! Especially if you want to pay them LOL. Good luck.

FizzBangBoom ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2004 at 6:08 PM

Attached Link: http://home.comcast.net/~soald/teaser.html

This is much cleaner... sorry... and thank you for your interest... http://home.comcast.net/~soald/teaser.html

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.